Stage Select

Transformers Thread

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Writer David Wise died of lung cancer.

He was a prolific animation writer. He wrote the most episodes of the G1 Transformers cartoon (15 of 98), was the main story editor and writer of 1987 TMNT show doing 100 episodes, and worked on Batman TAS for 3 episodes , showcasing the debut of Riddler, Clock King, and Hugo Strange.

RIP Mr. Wise

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/4/2020 at 5:16 PM, DangerousJ said:

Writer David Wise died of lung cancer.

He was a prolific animation writer. He wrote the most episodes of the G1 Transformers cartoon (15 of 98), was the main story editor and writer of 1987 TMNT show doing 100 episodes, and worked on Batman TAS for 3 episodes , showcasing the debut of Riddler, Clock King, and Hugo Strange.

RIP Mr. Wise

dammit.  The good ones always leave too soon.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Guess it's you and me now J

https://news.tfw2005.com/2020/10/06/takara-tomy-generations-selects-abominus-revealed-421450

4904810172086_ccf666fd672e4df582033f09cf

Abonimus was the only other combiner out of the Prime Wars trilogy that i have thought about getting since it's one of the more colorful Decepticon sets. I am honestly trying to figure out where to cut off the CHUG line. I cancelled the Primal preorder. It's a modern update of the original figure which the MP does an almost 1:1 version of the show character. This figure honestly may be it.

Edited by OPTIMUS124

@iStu X Here's a more comprehensive view of Rattrap 

I remember you asked that if Primal had a peg for Rattrap. We can now confirm that he doesn't. 

121152884_1322229218127502_1813832455463

Honestly, the more I see of Primal, the less regret I have over cancelling the preorder. It's not bad by any means, but it's a simplified version of the MP. 

Edited by OPTIMUS124

So despite listings in other countries' Amazon pages, ER Bluestreak has been spotted at...

Walgreens!

Its weird that Hasbro hasnt even done a reveal for this figure and its out lol

Occam's Razor be damned!

https://news.tfw2005.com/2020/10/10/transformers-earthrise-bluestreak-out-at-us-retail-walgreens-exclusive-421815

Edited by DangerousJ
2 minutes ago, OPTIMUS124 said:

It's strange that that's where he is an exclusive. Honestly, Hasbro Pulse could be a much better source for these types of things. 

They should do what Bandai does for Gundam.

Normal model kits sold everywhere, with some special variants being sold exclusively at their official Gundam Base stores. 

Really limited stuff like limited run kits/special color schemes/parts kits/other low quantity items are sold directly from them through their P-Bandai (Premium Bandai) direct store.

2 minutes ago, misterBee said:

Normal model kits sold everywhere, with some special variants being sold exclusively at their official Gundam Base stores. 

Really limited stuff like limited run kits/special color schemes/parts kits/other low quantity items are sold directly from them through their P-Bandai (Premium Bandai) direct store.

Exactly. That's how it should be done. Even if it's a retailer exclusive, Hasbro should always make some of that stock available on that end. The most recent accessory kit they released was mediocre in execution, idea behind it was good.