Stage Select

Fighting Game Lounge

On 8/14/2023 at 5:17 PM, AriesWarlock said:

366987626_625396903039922_28463657876430

Man, were back to making 90s arguments again?

He doesn't clarify what "opportunities" he's even talking about though. Opportunities to finally be able to sell product in Asian countries with hypocritical legal standards for violence? Opportunities to not have to fight overly censorious tech platforms like YouTube when posting content?

It's also funny to me that a lot of the people calling for a toggle (which is itself humorous since tourney players don't use fatalities) are probably the same people who will shit on nrs games/players at any opportunity, so why would their opinion matter at all wrt "opportunities" for MK? 

Nrs doesn't need eSports like Capcom, arcsys, and Bamco do. MK outsells every other game franchise by realizing that there's a market for these games beyond tourney nerds. eSports stays killing the scene through over-corporatization and encouraging players who think fighting games is a job to think they're doing the good work appealing to advertisers on behalf of the eSports organizations, but MK/gore/"violence" is the problem? What?

Edited by DoctaMario
On 8/16/2023 at 7:51 AM, DoctaMario said:

eSports stays killing the scene through over-corporatization and encouraging players who think fighting games is a job to think they're doing the good work appealing to advertisers on behalf of the eSports organizations, but MK/gore/"violence" is the problem?

MK's gore has been a problem since it came back. Same way SF5's fan service was an issue on broadcasts.

Not like it matters. NRS scene does a good job of killing its own games. Hopefully I'm wrong this time, but these dudes won't let this game live longer than 2 years so 🤷‍♂️

4 minutes ago, Sonero said:

MK's gore has been a problem since it came back. Same way SF5's fan service was an issue on broadcasts.

Not like it matters. NRS scene does a good job of killing its own games. Hopefully I'm wrong this time, but these dudes won't let this game live longer than 2 years so 🤷‍♂️

I'd like nrs to space out their dlc a bit more, I think that would extend the life of their games. Well, that and not publicly saying they're stopping supporting them. 

Who has tthe gore been a problem for, advertisers? I guess I've never heard anyone gripe about it, so I'm curious as to whether this is coming from somewhere or it's preemptive.

4 hours ago, AriesWarlock said:

That's great! So you got all the other DLC characters as well. I haven't played in a long time but we should play one of these days.

That was what I hoped but the description of it didn't really specify who came with it other than Geralt. Would be awesome though, I'm looking forward to getting my hands on it.

How's the netcode? My wired connection shit the bed at some point and I haven't really done any work to try and get it back online.

3 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

@HecatomMight be time to get the old gang back together 😊

Did you guys have a group of y'all playing regularly?

15 minutes ago, DoctaMario said:

@Hecatom did you make Iroha for SoulCal?? 😂

I think that's my Iroha, although Hecatom made one too and ours very very similar. Bro, I've made more characters than you can name. I'm still most proud of my Samus Aran. When her armor breaks she has the Zero Suit  underneath. Too bad the stickers are limited....I could have gotten a more accurate Zero Suit.

jFutnu0.jpeg

0eNNcTR.jpeg

Side note: I actually snagged SCVI on PC because I ran out of create a soul slots on PS4 😂

Not liking Shao's design with those horns, but he's still very brutal. Also a real pity we lost the brutal bellatrix that was Sindel in MK11, it was her best version. Everything about her looks sterile and inferior to MK11. She looks like Li Mei. I suppose that will change as new games comes out.

With Shujinko there's a possibility that Onaga is around, so that's cool.

Edited by AriesWarlock

@DoctaMarioThat reminds of my arcade days. There was guy who claimed to be the MK2 champion. We all thought he was full of shit....at first. Dude never lost a game to anyone at MK, any MK at all (MK1-UMK3). He was so good he would let his opponent pick his character. He bodied everyone with Reptile in MK2. I remember the MK champion got a Dodge Viper. So I'm leaving the mall and I see dude get into a Viper. Wish I could remember his name. Best MK player I'd ever seen at the time. He kind of dropped off the map when MK4 hit. He didn't care for it.

18 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

@DoctaMarioThat reminds of my arcade days. There was guy who claimed to be the MK2 champion. We all thought he was full of shit....at first. Dude never lost a game to anyone at MK, any MK at all (MK1-UMK3). He was so good he would let his opponent pick his character. He bodied everyone with Reptile in MK2. I remember the MK champion got a Dodge Viper. So I'm leaving the mall and I see dude get into a Viper. Wish I could remember his name. Best MK player I'd ever seen at the time. He kind of dropped off the map when MK4 hit. He didn't care for it.

MK4 was definitely a different thing from the others. I liked it but I get why people didn't. But that's a wild story especially about an MK player having a Viper lol

Just now, DoctaMario said:

MK4 was definitely a different thing from the others. I liked it but I get why people didn't. But that's a wild story especially about an MK player having a Viper lol

Yeah it was the grand prize. After that, combined with his level of play, we knew he wasn't full of shit. Honesty, I may be wrong, but I think it was "Tom Brady". When I first saw him on commentary for an NRS game years ago, I was like "He looks like the dude that cooked everyone at MK back in the day."