Stage Select

Fighting Game Lounge

Elphelt seems interesting, she definitely is the type of character I like to play. It is strange that the gun and grenade moves appear similar to her previous design but her look is almost a complete rework. Elphelt is fine as far as I'm concerned.

Besides, if the pattern for Strive's DLC continues then the next character will be have another complex gimmick.

Just popping by to say Fantastic job on the Granblue Fantasy Rising videos, @EvilCanadian. Those were super well done. I impulse bought the deluxe edition after watching your videos.

Now regarding the Ed reveal/trailer. We're 2 weeks away from the end of the year and the radio silence from capcom is concerning. AKI was revealed on the 31 August. 

Lastly, am I the only one struggling with divekicks on the hitbox? It's so freaking tough. I bought the Razer Kitsune (it's really nice!) but divekicks are a pain in the ass to do consistently in a match. (Cammy main here) 

I tried both the uf, qcb + kick method and also the qcb, uf+ kick method. I struggle with both. Badly. 

On 12/14/2023 at 2:30 PM, Edmund said:

Just popping by to say Fantastic job on the Granblue Fantasy Rising videos, @EvilCanadian. Those were super well done. I impulse bought the deluxe edition after watching your videos.

Now regarding the Ed reveal/trailer. We're 2 weeks away from the end of the year and the radio silence from capcom is concerning. AKI was revealed on the 31 August. 

Lastly, am I the only one struggling with divekicks on the hitbox? It's so freaking tough. I bought the Razer Kitsune (it's really nice!) but divekicks are a pain in the ass to do consistently in a match. (Cammy main here) 

I tried both the uf, qcb + kick method and also the qcb, uf+ kick method. I struggle with both. Badly. 

happy you enjoy, i had to stay up like 35 hours straight to get the 2 out cause there was no keys that went out

i dont like doing that anymore im 40 now i cant keep doingn that lol

On 12/9/2023 at 12:30 AM, Jocelot said:

I feel weird about Elphelt. I think an Aggretsuko/Baby Metal singer with a sniper rifle is a very Guilty Gear design, but I realized what I really liked about the character was her bride gimmick. Riding a giant bouquet, cutting the cake, that kind of stuff. 

And gameplay wise her rework was a big one which I feel like no one should be surprised about at this point 

Strive seems like a bit of a reboot for the series in some ways, so the more things change with already established characters, the more on brand that seems to me. But I'll confess, I haven't played the game myself.

9 hours ago, AriesWarlock said:

I hate the fgc so much.

"I'd play the game if it had rollback"

*game gets rollback*

"Well it doesn't have cross play, and it never goes on sale, so...."

These same retards will play SFV and Tekken 7 which have crappy netcode and not say a damn thing. They regularly fall for the consumerist nonsense every time a new game comes out, praising it to high heaven and then dropping it after a month to go back to whatever they were playing before because trying to get especially western Capcom/SF players to play anything else for any length of time is impossible. Doesn't matter what it is, if it isn't Capcom or SF, they won't stick with it.

And really, there IS no fgc; there's an SF community, a Tekken community, a Strive community, etc. These people don't play anything but their main game to any degree of seriousness.

In short, yeah, it's too late. But imo the sweetest part of SamSho getting rollback aside from the netcode getting better is just exposing the hypocrisy and disingenuousness in the fgc.

On 12/16/2023 at 8:45 AM, EvilCanadian said:

happy you enjoy, i had to stay up like 35 hours straight to get the 2 out cause there was no keys that went out

i dont like doing that anymore im 40 now i cant keep doingn that lol

You're the best at what you do and thank you for your hard work and dedication. Whether it's a long or short video, know that everyone will love and appreciate it. All the best for 2024! 

Edited by Edmund
18 hours ago, DoctaMario said:

I hate the fgc so much.

"I'd play the game if it had rollback"

*game gets rollback*

"Well it doesn't have cross play, and it never goes on sale, so...."

These same retards will play SFV and Tekken 7 which have crappy netcode and not say a damn thing. They regularly fall for the consumerist nonsense every time a new game comes out, praising it to high heaven and then dropping it after a month to go back to whatever they were playing before because trying to get especially western Capcom/SF players to play anything else for any length of time is impossible. Doesn't matter what it is, if it isn't Capcom or SF, they won't stick with it.

And really, there IS no fgc; there's an SF community, a Tekken community, a Strive community, etc. These people don't play anything but their main game to any degree of seriousness.

In short, yeah, it's too late. But imo the sweetest part of SamSho getting rollback aside from the netcode getting better is just exposing the hypocrisy and disingenuousness in the fgc.

We knew when SamSho announced its rollback it wasn't gonna do well cause it would be after SF6 came out.  We knew 6 was gonna suck all the air outta the room.  Even Strive was a ghost town in that month after SF6 dropped. 

And you can hardly blame a community for not jumping on a game that's been dormant for a decade or so.  Most gamers weren't even serious gamers last time a new samsho was around, and the existing samsho players are a lot older.  Of course they're gonna fall off. 

Even me, if i had room for another game I'd probably check out granbloo first. 

12 hours ago, Pair of Rooks said:

We knew when SamSho announced its rollback it wasn't gonna do well cause it would be after SF6 came out.  We knew 6 was gonna suck all the air outta the room.  Even Strive was a ghost town in that month after SF6 dropped. 

And you can hardly blame a community for not jumping on a game that's been dormant for a decade or so.  Most gamers weren't even serious gamers last time a new samsho was around, and the existing samsho players are a lot older.  Of course they're gonna fall off. 

Even me, if i had room for another game I'd probably check out granbloo first. 

I get it. SamSho is another not-SF fighting game where at least western players are concerned. People in that thread among other places are saying they "don't have time" to play it because granblue is coming out, but how many of these people do you think will actually stick with that game? If history is any indication, there will be a big dropoff after the first month or when the next new thing comes out.

My point is basically that the fgc doesn't REALLY care about about things like rollback, crossplay, etc etc as long as it has the name Street Fighter or Tekken on the cover. They might bitch about aspects of those games, but they'll stick with those no matter how bad the qol experience is. I actually saw a DBZ player (a game with abysmal non-rollback netcode btw) saying that they'd play SamSho if it had rollback. A DBZ PLAYER!

I get not everyone is going to play SamSho, but it's like it's basically the new Vampire Savior in terms of the "Man, it's such a great game, and I would totally play it but (excuses)" factor. It's just tiresome hearing people say the same shit every time the game gets brought up especially when you know damn good and well they would (and are) finding other excuses not to play.

When it comes to fighting games, if you aren't releasing a title from a major franchise, your game has to be on point from launch. That's the only way to have a chance of snagging some of the player base in the FGC. Anything outside of Street Fighter, Tekken, and Mortal Kombat has zero room for error. And MK typically only has a 2 year window regardless. Secondary franchises, even known ones like DOA, Soul Calibur, etc., just don't get that much rope. You basically have to find a community like here. Even scrub people like me will  hop online and run some sets with you.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Dracu said:

That Tekken 8 story was kinda nuts. Some very nice surprises thrown in there. I really enjoyed it!

The only think that caught me off guard is....

Spoiler

Reina having a Devil form. The Devil Gene came from Kazumi. It's from the Hachijō family not the Mishima's. So how does Reina have it. The whole reason Heihachi fathered Lars was to see if he also carried The Devil Gene. Did harvest eggs from Kazumi's body? Are their members of the Hachijō family left?

13 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

The only think that caught me off guard is....

Hide contents

Reina having a Devil form. The Devil Gene came from Kazumi. It's from the Hachijō family not the Mishima's. So how does Reina have it. The whole reason Heihachi fathered Lars was to see if he also carried The Devil Gene. Did harvest eggs from Kazumi's body? Are their members of the Hachijō family left?

Spoiler

I think it's being implied that Reina is Kazuya's blood sister. An actual child of Heihachi and Kazumi. How the timeline fits I have no idea, but it's not like Tekken canon isn't loose to begin with. 

Man, every couple of game generations I give Tekken a fresh try, and it's always the same little annoyances.

• 200 cool moves on the moves list, but you only need 20 and we're not telling you which ones
  • many different long command inputs to memorize just to do stuff that's not all that different from what most of the other characters do
  • every character is cool, but half of them seem to belong in an entirely different game from the other half
On 2/5/2024 at 1:42 PM, Reticently said:

Man, every couple of game generations I give Tekken a fresh try, and it's always the same little annoyances.

• 200 cool moves on the moves list, but you only need 20 and we're not telling you which ones
  • many different long command inputs to memorize just to do stuff that's not all that different from what most of the other characters do
  • every character is cool, but half of them seem to belong in an entirely different game from the other half

This is always where I've always been with Tekken. People say it's an easy game to pick up, but that's never been my experience. In Soul Calibur you can pick just about any character, hit a few buttons/directions and find some good stuff to start with, but every Tekken game I've ever played, barring T7's simple beginner combos, I've had to parse through the movelist to find useful stuff  which takes a long time. And that's not even considering all the subsystems the game might have and various interactions.

22 minutes ago, Jurassic said:

Apparently Yatagarasu has a sequel, didn't know it came out yesterday.

However, it has no rollback net code and a lot of other issues according to Steam reviews.

Yatagarasu will forever be poverty.

Fun game with a port right out of the 90s.  Pretty much the only way people will play this game is in arcades.

Users who own the PlayStation 4 or Xbox One version will be able to upgrade to the PlayStation 5 or Xbox Series version free of charge.

Here is an overview of the game, via Bandai Namco:

Dragon Ball FighterZ is born from what makes the Dragon Ball series so loved and famous: endless spectacular fights with its all-powerful fighters.

Partnering with Arc System Works, the game maximizes high end Anime graphics and brings easy to learn but difficult to master fighting gameplay.

• Three-versus-Three Tag / Support – Build your dream team and sharpen your skills to master high-speed tag combinations.
  • Thrilling Online Features – Ranked matches, interactive lobby, crazy 6-player Party Match… There is something for every taste!
  • Exclusive Story Mode – Discover a never-seen-before scenario featuring Android 21, a brand new character whose creation was supervised by Akira Toriyama himself.

Multiversus sightings

Earlier this month, actor Daniel Ross, who voices Gizmo, Stripe and apparently Uncle Shagworthy, shared a post on X/Twitter that also implied something is gearing up behind the scenes — and he doubled down later on too.

Edited by AriesWarlock