Stage Select

Fighting Game Lounge

Mortal Kombat 1 appears to be Injustice 3 in reality if you look at the gameplay and trying to be like Marvel. At the last minute NRS decided to replace the DC characters with MK characters because then it may compete with T8 and SF6. Anyone think that I3 can compete with T8 and SF6?

5 hours ago, Jion_Wansu said:

Mortal Kombat 1 appears to be Injustice 3 in reality if you look at the gameplay and trying to be like Marvel. At the last minute NRS decided to replace the DC characters with MK characters because then it may compete with T8 and SF6. Anyone think that I3 can compete with T8 and SF6?

Actually it wasn't a last minute change. This has been a Mortal Kombat game from the outset. WB was contemplating selling their game studios. Netherrealm didn't want to work on an Injustice game, only to be sold to another company. They'd instantly have licensing issues with all the DC characters. By working on a MK game, they wouldn't have to deal with potentially wasting years developing a game that they may not be able to release.

Add that also, despite the Injustice games selling well, the stories have not been well received, since many feel that they gave us one of the worst portrayals of certain characters.

By now, many people want a new DC fg series free of the shackles of the Injustice world narrative, so we can have proper representation of chars like Wonder Woman, Superman, etc.

Hell, I know a lot of peeps would want a game that is more comic like in presentation, like what MVC3 did, and that does what ASW did for DBFZ, that the moves represent the characters history in comics, instead the pseudo realistic thing that NRS goes for

On 7/5/2023 at 1:49 PM, Hecatom said:

Add that also, despite the Injustice games selling well, the stories have not been well received, since many feel that they gave us one of the worst portrayals of certain characters.

By now, many people want a new DC fg series free of the shackles of the Injustice world narrative, so we can have proper representation of chars like Wonder Woman, Superman, etc.

Hell, I know a lot of peeps would want a game that is more comic like in presentation, like what MVC3 did, and that does what ASW did for DBFZ, that the moves represent the characters history in comics, instead the pseudo realistic thing that NRS goes for

The comics written by Tom Taylor have been well received. NRS needs to bring him in to write the story for the actual games.

On 7/5/2023 at 3:03 AM, Jion_Wansu said:

Yes absolutely because they cover different niches, since MKOne has a team flavor now.

If they only had some kind of gore off switch I'd give it a shot myself.

1 minute ago, Darc_Requiem said:

SF:Duel Ad: "TIME TO FRY!!!!!"

DoctaMario: "I'm cutting back on fried foods." *deletes SF:Duel*

I used to play a ton of that SF4 Volt mobile game and it was actually really good, so not being able to control the fighters as well as all the hoops I wasnt willing to jump through made this one a nope for me. Still wondering wtf they mean by they're "bringing SF Duel to Evo" lol

4 minutes ago, DoctaMario said:

I used to play a ton of that SF4 Volt mobile game and it was actually really good, so not being able to control the fighters as well as all the hoops I wasnt willing to jump through made this one a nope for me. Still wondering wtf they mean by they're "bringing SF Duel to Evo" lol

I was expecting something more like KOF Allstar.

1 minute ago, Shakunetsu said:

yeah voltz and kof2012-i were the last good mobile fighters has decent controls than other mobile fighter, nowadays mobile fighters are just tap and slide then has leveling system 🤮 

Oh man, yeah KoF was even better. Imo those games proved to me that fighting games can actually work on mobile. I actually liked Volt better than console SF4

A notable Atlus leaker going by the name of Midori recently stated the developers are currently working on 4 new games connected to the popular RPG series: Persona 6, P5X, Persona Asa and an unnamed fighting game.

From their initial posts, Midori made it sound like the fighting game had been canceled, but they've clarified since that it's more accurately been in something of a development hell since potentially as far back as 2015.

According to them, Atlus and an unnamed partner have been working on it off and on since then, but says the game probably no longer resembles the original concept.