Stage Select

The SF6 Thread: Akuma Incoming!

Anyone in here using a 6gawd layout for their controller?  I am contemplating switching up my button layout because I went with a custom one that is what I've been using all along for SF4, which is basically an American style layout that is like Viewlix without the offset, and the buttons are spaced out more.  I use the bottom left button with my right thumb for DI in this game.  However since my buttons are kind of spaced out farther, I am finding myself having to move my hand a bit more and am late by MS sometimes to react, or I've even missed a button completely since it's far apart.  I am using 30mm buttons and I've played on a controller with 24mm buttons but they felt small to me.  But now I'm curious about possibly going to the 6gawd layout which uses smaller buttons and I'm curious if anyone here uses it and how they like it.

1 hour ago, purbeast said:

But now I'm curious about possibly going to the 6gawd layout which uses smaller buttons and I'm curious if anyone here uses it and how they like it.

I'm not sure about the layout but 6gawd is a hilarious name.  

I have a macro on stick for DI and have to move my pinky to hit the button.  Feels like I'm a fraction slow sometimes.  I think pad is actually the best controller for DI reactions since they always have a finger on the trigger button.  

3 minutes ago, HeavensCloud said:

I'm not sure about the layout but 6gawd is a hilarious name.  

I have a macro on stick for DI and have to move my pinky to hit the button.  Feels like I'm a fraction slow sometimes.  I think pad is actually the best controller for DI reactions since they always have a finger on the trigger button.  

You can see in the image below.  I'm specifically wondering about the leverless layout, because the right thumb button is bottom right compared to the joystick version.  

CiVo1LX.jpg

8 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Rog would be talking up Dudley and Mike, while refusing to give Ed credit.

Tbh i have hard time imagine Rog being anything but super bitter sore loser talking about Dudley... specially considering during SF3 Dudley was covered of gold while Rog was an has been getting beated at vintage mma tournaments

Would talk trash about Dudley even 10 years after getting his shit beated up

Maybe if Dudley die first, watching his grave and after bunch of insults Rog would tell something like "...but you could fight, i give you that"

If nobody is there to listen, of course 😆

Wich lead us to Murata being a god

FZ4ikoHXEAASN-k.png

Literally ONLY thing that ruined my 99% happiness at Ed becoming pure boxing char, is that i fear Dudley may see his chances to sneak in lowered by dev team feeling they did the boxing thing already

Maybe if he was still very hybrid with kicks and shit they would be more encouraged to make Dudely return

Even if considering SF6 urban style and Ed in, is possible Rog would have been picked over Dudley again 🤔

4 hours ago, HeavensCloud said:

@DoctaMariouses hitbox I think?  He might have some insight.  

I thought the smaller buttons were weird at first because I was so used to the Sanwa buttons on my HRAP3SA, but now I love them as I usually play an SNK style 4-across layout and I don't have to stretchy hand at all to be able to keep a finger on each button. Unless you have really big hands, I highly recommend the smaller buttons.

14 minutes ago, DoctaMario said:

I thought the smaller buttons were weird at first because I was so used to the Sanwa buttons on my HRAP3SA, but now I love them as I usually play an SNK style 4-across layout and I don't have to stretchy hand at all to be able to keep a finger on each button. Unless you have really big hands, I highly recommend the smaller buttons.

I've tried the smaller buttons before for like 2 months before I put my own layout together with 30mm buttons.  I like my buttons and size but it's more the layout where I find myself moving my hand too much sometimes and those missed milliseconds cost me like missing a reaction DI or something.  That's partially why I'm looking at the 6gawd layout because it's designed with your thumb sitting over a button in mind.  

My buddy is going to send me a bunch of buttons though so I'm going to make cardboard cutouts on USPS boxes with actual buttons on them in the different layouts I wanna try out and if I like one more just from feel, I'm going to order a panel for my controller in that style panel and replace my current one.  I still love my current one don't get me wrong, but I honestly think it is holding me back slightly due to just missing stuff sometimes.

On 2/8/2024 at 8:41 PM, AriesWarlock said:

So many clones bodies, so it's possible Seth will return.

vduor90qtlgc1.jpg?width=3840&format=pjpg

673zr90qtlgc1.jpg?width=3840&format=pjpg

3nac180qtlgc1.jpg?width=3840&format=pjpg

I'm very curious about this costume. 

spacer.png

This is a Neo Shadaloo's uniform. The white costume aparently is redesigned (the 3rd costume is look like this white costume). If this uniform is also redesigned, what the hell will happen to Chun-Li?

21 hours ago, TWINBLADES said:

I feel like Ed hate is so fucking forced. I understand that people didn't like the disconnect between how he looked in the story VS how he looked as a playable character. But I always thought Ed was cool and I think his over all game plan was fun to watch especially at the tournament level. So fuck it. I'm gonna use Ed. I'm playing the character just to piss people off. I'm now and AKI/Ed main. I don't care if he ends up being ass tier I'm gonna annoy you fuckers online!!!!!!!!!! 

Nah I like the way SF6 Ed looks but I stand on him being a shit SFV newcomer.

Terrible looking generic shadaloo getup with some boxing gloves slapped on combined with unoriginal “white/blond spare Bison body #10037” background. Literally could not put less effort into his design. 

Other than 123 being slightly annoying I was never bothered by the way he played. Snatcher and his VT1 are cool, and I liked the simplified inputs experiment. 

Edited by Vhozite

Ed's SF6 theme seems really cool from the small amount we heard too. German rap is a nice choice. Might end up as my new favorite when the full theme drops. 

Really looking forward to seeing more from this character, I hope he's playable or something at Capcom Cup next week 

1 hour ago, Dragonfave723 said:

The creator of Hajime no Ippo seems to like Ed.

Well, when i showed the flicker jab of this Mashiba guy that's from where they took the idea for Ed's new long jabs, that's from Hajime no Ippo😁

5ABC6D9A474BA72D8FA7FAA65899A453537FA060

He must have appreciated the wink at his masterpiece

Maybe he also like Ed's overall appearance, after all Eagle who was super important char in Hajime no Ippo (2nd strongest boxer) look bit the same lol

MV5BY2Y5NDQ2MjctOWNkYy00ZGQxLTg2ODQtMDMy46sfa0dohena1.png?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett

I'm still looking forward to the games but no new info is a really weird choice imo. I wasn't expecting an info dump but dang even a small tease as to what's on the horizon would've been cool.

At that rate they just shoulda saved the Ed gameplay reveal for Capcom Cup lol. But the nice thing is that he'll be playable at the event so it'll be awesome to see some hands on.

23 minutes ago, Jocelot said:

I'm still looking forward to the games but no new info is a really weird choice imo. I wasn't expecting an info dump but dang even a small tease as to what's on the horizon would've been cool.

At that rate they just shoulda saved the Ed gameplay reveal for Capcom Cup lol. But the nice thing is that he'll be playable at the event so it'll be awesome to see some hands on.

I'm really surprised they went with that decision.  Either show Ed and Akuma or at the very least just Ed.  To have nothing is a missed opportunity especially when they have so many eyeballs on the big event with a million dollar payout.  

Some people were even expecting season 2 announcements lol.  

I think it's fair to say Capcom lost the plot on post launch support. We can all concoct crazy narratives on why but the truth is that their priorities aren't in keeping the player base happy with constant dopamine hits. And they don't really have too. SFV was in defense mode so they had to keep a steady pace because if not the game would have floundered financially. But SF6 sold extremely well and got fighting game of the year. Capcom knowns they don't have to do shit. It sucks. I like the hype of trailers and reveals. But odds are likely they'll release some dev video about Akuma/Season 2 around June/July. We just gotta hold that *shrug*.

They literally just dropped Ed trailer what like a week ago AND his release is right around the corner lol.

I genuinely do not understand this complaining mfs are acting like dope fiends. Seems like some people don’t even like the game they just want something new over and over. 

Edited by Vhozite
5 minutes ago, Vhozite said:

They literally just dropped Ed trailer what like a week ago AND his release is right around the corner lol.

I genuinely do not understand this complaining mfs are acting like dope fiends. Seems like some people don’t even like the game they just want something new over and over. 

Yeah, you make a great point. I need to make time to play SF6 as is. Then Ed drops right before FF7: Rebirth.....it's gonna be interesting. I didn't count on Marvel Midnight Suns of all games to take up so much of my time. I don't know how I juggled so many games at once when I was younger. 

4 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Yeah, you make a great point. I need to make time to play SF6 as is. Then Ed drops right before FF7: Rebirth.....it's gonna be interesting. I didn't count on Marvel Midnight Suns of all games to take up so much of my time. I don't know how I juggled so many games at once when I was younger. 

Dude I have a rotation of like 3-4 games right now.

Megaman Battle Network2 (Christmas gift)

YGO LotD Link Evo (getting back into it)

Paladins (My friends want something like Overwatch that isn’t Overwatch so we are getting into this)

Hell Divers 2 (my friends want to play this)

Weekdays I’m lucky to squeeze out an hour of gaming before bed lol I have no time.  No idea how these dudes have time to rage at Capcom about content.

32 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

I'm trying to finish my third playthrough of BG3 before the 29th when FF7 Rebirth drops.  Ed drops around the same time.  Plus Dragon's Dogma 2 comes out on the 22nd of March.  My video game schedule is packed.  

1 hour ago, Vhozite said:

The content release between AKI and Ed has been dog shit. It's easy to understand why people are mad.

1 hour ago, TWINBLADES said:

The content release between AKI and Ed has been dog shit. It's easy to understand why people are mad.

lol no it’s not if you’re a normal person. Either you like the game or you don’t if you need constant new content to stay with a game you are brain damaged and probably fried your dopamine receptors lol. 

We been playing games since we were kids that didn’t get updates at all or you were waiting literal years for a sequel lol. A couple months between drops for an actively supported game is a non-issue.

Edited by Vhozite
7 hours ago, Jocelot said:

Tbh i love we got Ed trailer in advance

I'm already bothered by the fact DLCs are chained to follow somehow their esports/events stuff, at least i got something to chew while waiting

4 hours ago, TWINBLADES said:

Capcom knowns they don't have to do shit. It sucks. I like the hype of trailers and reveals. But odds are likely they'll release some dev video about Akuma/Season 2 around June/July. We just gotta hold that *shrug*.

Not July

Akuma is Spring 2024, wich is 20 March to 20 June

So at worst Akuma teaser at June begin, trailer some days after and release before 20th

Not even necessary so late, example Ed release almost a moth before the end of Winter 2024

My guess is Akuma may be released on late May/early June

But does'nt help me much if i think i can't give less fucks about Akuma as char lol, so after i get Ed next interesting thing is Season 2 begin in August/September 🥲

Capcom really don't want people to watch capcup 

The event itself is spread over like 10 days, LCQ is taking an entire weekend for some reason, the main bracket itself kicks off on a WEDNESDAY when every single major event is usually during the weekend, and to top it all off there's no announcement or a reveal taking place, apparently not even for the season 2 patch 

But hey million dollars amirite 

11 hours ago, HeavensCloud said:

I guess this is what happens when you don't have global seeding and then do a random draw for groups.  Group F got completely screwed.  I feel sorry for Mena, Caba, Endingwalker and Angry Bird.  

Capcom did it the right way. Don't feel bad for any of these cunts crying about the fact that they get to play for a Million dollars at all.

That group of death is going to be one of the best publicity events that could've happen to the game. Because everybody has to remember: this shit is goofy advertising and we damn well all existed in a world where the Capcom Cup wasn't around at all. we could easily go back to that.

No perspective having asses. FGC top players continue being wack.

You guys are forgetting that while esports objectively hurts FGC events, if it collapses as a now integral part of the genre - it completely kills international competition even at majors. Nobody is going to spend thousands of dollars to travel across the Atlantic ocean for 2-3 days to come out with nothing and only lose out while not being compensated by the sponsor. If anything it will force a transition to where most fighting game tournaments will become unviable to support and the genre completely transitions into online outside of REALLY big events like EVO, CEO, UFA, Combo Breaker. And online tournaments fucking suck 

54 minutes ago, -PVL93- said:

If anything it will force a transition to where most fighting game tournaments will become unviable to support and the genre completely transitions into online outside of REALLY big events like EVO, CEO, UFA, Combo Breaker. And online tournaments fucking suck 

We're already pretty much there right now.  International players aren't travelling and like you said it's probably a combination of travel expenses plus the shift to online tournaments.  This is pretty much ass for the spectators because online tournaments aren't at all fun to watch.  And then we end up with situations like this where nobody even knows half the players in Capcom Cup this year and they're playing for the biggest prize ever.  Shit just seems whack to me.   

It's to the point now where I'm only watching what Evo and Red Bull Kumite?  And the latter isn't even a CPT event.  What happened to CEO, Combo Breaker, Stun fest, NorCal Regionals, Canada Cup etc.  SF6 is a great product and it's a shame there aren't enough big offline events to showcase it.   

Edited by HeavensCloud
48 minutes ago, HeavensCloud said:

What happened to CEO, Combo Breaker, Stun fest, NorCal Regionals, Canada Cup etc.

I mean both CEO and CEOTaku are still going fine

Combo Breaker is massive every year 

Stunfest died because of shit production and they kinda moved away from twitch to some French stream platform 

Can't comment on NCR

Canada cup had a sort of implosion because of organisational issues and the whole lapchi crypto drama 

15 hours ago, HeavensCloud said:

I guess this is what happens when you don't have global seeding and then do a random draw for groups.  Group F got completely screwed.  I feel sorry for Mena, Caba, Endingwalker and Angry Bird.  

I feel more sorry for myself that voted AngryBird at the Eternity shit, not sure if i need him to win whole thing or at least touch the top3 🤔

Fuck the tournament, hope to get my shiny color/costume/whatever for lucky bet 🕯️🙏🕯️

I mocked up some USPS Priority Mail Hitbox's to see if I like the 6gawd layout.  

dyXRGdD.jpeg

I think I am going to go with the 24mm layout.  The way my hand rests and have access to all 8 buttons without having to move my hand at all seems like it will make reacting to DI's and stuff ever so slightly quicker, which can be the difference between eating a DI or not in this game.

The 30mm layout feels good too, but I either have to stretch my pink to hit the right button or my thumb to get the right thumb button.  

I am just so used to 30mm buttons for attack but the 24mm version of this just fits like a glove.  I just wish I had some spare guts so I could wire this up.  I don't feel like gutting my main stick right now just to play with this layout.