Stage Select

The Wrestling Thread

2 minutes ago, Sonero said:

I don't think people thought Punk would do damage in MMA. They were just willing to give him some benefit of the doubt about it.

What we didn't expect was for him to be as bad as he was.

Yeah everyone that wasn't a diehard Punk fan knew he was getting cooked. I was thought that situation was weird. No issue with Punk wanting to do it. Just surprised the UFC bothered. He was good for one freak show PPV and that's it. Surprised they didn't go after someone like Jake Hager. Especially with how thin the heavyweight division is. He wouldn't the initial drawing power of Punk but they could have gotten more fights out of him. Hager would have been able to beat a few credible fighters before getting thrown in with someone that's truly UFC level to see he'd sink or swim.

7 hours ago, Maxx said:

Punk didn't call jdf out... He was responding to everything jdf did. Jdf chased his ass for two years. Jdf was dick riding the fame to try and get a career that did not take off. And now this nigga got served divorce papers at a fuckkng con because he was cheating on his wife with con girls. Which talking to some convention friends was a known thing. 

I never said he called JDF out, i said he talked shit about him. He declined because he was just a youtubers. 

I don't care about what JDF's career is like, fact is Punk was not on a higher level than he was in MMA. Tommy would have fucked him up regardless of those details you put out.

2 hours ago, Maxx said:

Ufc was trying to sell. They wanted any and all eyes on them. Hence dana let that shit happen. 

Yet when Cyborg was the biggest draw in the company not named McGregor he ran her out of the company. Cyborg vs Kunitskaya, a late replacement main event, had a higher buy rate than Cormier vs. Miocic. Cyborg vs. a can out drew a "super fight." Dana is no Vince McMahon. Vince could hate your guts but would work with you if you could make him money. Only exception being Macho Man, which if the rumors are true, is understandable. 

1 hour ago, scorp said:

I thought we don't trust Meltzer here.

That's why I posted it, because Meltz raked Vince over the coals for doing that and it was made fun of regularly on BTE as Brodie Lee was held hostage. But the tables have turned and the love is gone.

Also up until recently, Meltzer was fed info by AEW and tore into WWE to a point people were accusing Meltz of being on Tony's payroll. 

Edited by Psychoblue

Malakai Black said he got death threats due to him allegedly going back to WWE, he literally had to post a video and explain he's not leaving instead of taking the mental break he needs.

All this came from yet again more shitty journalists (who are connected to The Elite btw) spreading bullshit. I wonder what recently suspended wrestler spoke on how putting out false info is incredibly stupid and hurtful. Hmmm, I forgot his name🤔

That said, goofy ass fans still have no right to send death threats to a man because he chooses to fake fight on another company. That man is allowed to do whatever he pleads with his life, he doesn't really owe anyone an explanation 

Edited by HD-Man
28 minutes ago, Hawkingbird said:

Expecting people on twitter to have reading comprehension. 

That's not the issue. Interactions like this on the socials is one of the cardinal sins of being a business administrator and he just made the problem way worse by trying to explain himself to randos. Definitely not a good look when it comes time to prove to the new regime cancelling even the shit that makes money why AEW should be spared the banhammer.

8 minutes ago, HD-Man said:

Malakai Black said he got death threats due to him allegedly going back to WWE, he literally had to post a video and explain he's not leaving instead of taking the mental break he needs.

All this came from yet again more shitty journalists (who are connected to The Elite btw) spreading bullshit. I wonder what recently suspended wrestler spoke on how putting out false info is incredibly stupid and hurtful. Hmmm, I forgot his name🤔

That said, goofy ass fans still have no right to send death threats to a man because he chooses to fake fight on another company. That man is allowed to do whatever he pleads with his life, he doesn't really owe anyone an explanation 

The Elite enabled these wannabes thinking that whatever tripe they write will be taken as gospel as long as it's pro Elite/AEW. Welcome to the flipside.

1 hour ago, zatalcon3 said:

Is Hikaru Shida still committed to her acting job? I was thinking about her moving to WWE but I recall the reason why she refuses is due to the schedule.

Shida is still involved with her acting troupe. She's taken time off from AEW to rejoin them from time to time. WWE would definitely be a no go for her

1 hour ago, Lantis said:

Welp I purchased my ticket to the Royal Rumble here in SA, so this will be my first PPV in attendance.

Didn't realize ticket prices would be this insanely high doe (I purchased ones in the middle and still had to pay $500 LOL). Ringside tickets were like around the $7000 mark

Makes sense honestly. It being a big 4 ppv, inflation, I’m assuming stadium show. There’s a lot of factors going into the cost. 

2 hours ago, Lantis said:

Welp I purchased my ticket to the Royal Rumble here in SA, so this will be my first PPV in attendance.

Didn't realize ticket prices would be this insanely high doe (I purchased ones in the middle and still had to pay $500 LOL). Ringside tickets were like around the $7000 mark

Not that crazy to me. Part is probably wwe trying recoup money as well as arenas are notoriously price gouging. 

I bought some tickets for the breakdance world championship in nyc for redbull and the fees were almost as much as the ticket itself. Then it sold out onlime and immediately the tickets went from $48 to $1000-4000 on stub hub

5 minutes ago, HD-Man said:

Why tf is FTR not being used on TV? They have like all the belts and are barely on, I have a theory why but no evidence to support it 😂

My theory is FTR having belts for other promotions makes them difficult to book. In AEW's first year that had a difficult time booking PAC because he was the open the dream gate champion at the time and Dragon Gate wouldn't allow him to lose matches while he was champion. That fucked up their plans for the world title at the time. I assume FTR has similar issues being the IWGP tag champs. 

1 hour ago, Hawkingbird said:

My theory is FTR having belts for other promotions makes them difficult to book. In AEW's first year that had a difficult time booking PAC because he was the open the dream gate champion at the time and Dragon Gate wouldn't allow him to lose matches while he was champion. That fucked up their plans for the world title at the time. I assume FTR has similar issues being the IWGP tag champs. 

Thats an interesting angle I didn't consider actually. This could actually be it, but I wish Tony would convey that to FTR tho, they've noticelby been blunt about their booking or lack thereof lately. Interesting theory tho, seriously 🤔

EDIT: Throw in The Acclaimed who are mega over right now, I'm not sure where FTR fits. You can't have them beat The Acclaimed and become the biggest heels in wrestling....or can you? 

Edited by HD-Man
1 hour ago, Hawkingbird said:

They just beat aussie open in uk to retain the njpw titles 

5 hours ago, HD-Man said:

Why tf is FTR not being used on TV?

If you even slightly pay attention to the backstage landscape of the company this is an easy question to answer. It also makes makes sense why they’ve been used in more Singles and Trios than tags. 

Edited by iStu X
3 hours ago, iStu X said:

If you even slightly pay attention to the backstage landscape of the company this is an easy question to answer. It also makes makes sense why they’ve been used in more Singles and Trios than tags. 

You missed that part about me having a theory but no evidence, my theory is the Bucks politicking 😂

Seth doing his best Hisoka cosplay last night.

I read a theory that the reason why most of the white rabbit sections are when Belair/Asuka/Bliss are on is Bray wanting to take revenge on Bliss. I think it's cool how these parts are engaging but I think expectations are way too high for who the character might be in the end. I'd laugh at the shit show if it's revealed to be Carmella.

Raw was excellent. Every one did fire on their mic work and the matches where great all around except for Dakota and Candice.

Damage control needs to change their presentation. Their music is complete trash, it's almost childish rap that 12 year olds listen too, and their attire is also too colorful for a heel faction. Io never looked like a heel here, her clothes are all bright and she smiles all the time. She played an excellent heel back in 2019, why are they presenting her like this. She looks like a foreign exchange student who is unaware that she is in a click. 

I don't have problems with what happened between Sammy and Adrade, because they didn't go on a press conference after being involved in a big match, a big return, and a big win in his home town with any intention to make themselves look like tough guys and making ironic answers such as "it's degrading to talk about it" and then proceeded to talk only about it anyway. 

46 minutes ago, HD-Man said:

Tony doesn't even know how to do damage control. Not only did Sammy NOT get sent home after the fight he most likely started, he pinned Garcia in the main event and closed the show standing tall

That sends a pretty bad message 

Some Vince McMahon bullshittery

“Oh, you’re under investigation for sexual assault of a minor? WELCOME TO THE MAIN CARD! HERES A TITLE AS WELL! THATS GOOD SHIT, PAL!”

Edited by iStu X