Stage Select

The Wrestling Thread

People have been concussed worse in less impactful ways. It’s the nature of the business unfortunately. It always sucks when it happens and it’s rarely anyone’s fault. 

Unless you’re Ron Simmons beating the absolute piss out of Ahmed Johnson. 😂

Edited by iStu X
On 10/20/2022 at 4:43 PM, Darc_Requiem said:

And it was Ahmed Johnson's fault. Dude was hurting people by being sloppy as hell in the ring. 

Oh no doubt. I remember hearing a podcast with D’Lo regarding the situation. He mentioned that Vince along with the production crew silently gave Ron the OK to get his pound of flesh from Ahmed as Ahmed sidelined Ron for 9 months and didn’t even apologize, call to check on him, nothing.

Edited by iStu X

It's wild to go from this to where we are now. 2 months ago you barely heard anything bad said about Punk in AEW, then the brawl happens and he's suddenly public enemy #1 backstage and on the dirt sheets.

Maybe IT'S my personal bias but I feel like some higher power is running a slander campaign against Punk and others. Like he's a scapegoat for AEW's issues but I suppose it's possible he's just simply toxic 

https://www.espn.in/wwe/story/_/id/33988304/hero-cm-punk-transformation-mentor-trailblazer-aew

I think it's a little bit of both, but I would side a little bit more with Punk being hella toxic. I understand his plight for gossip being leaked to the dirt sheets (probably perpetuated by The Elite) but his way of handling it was very poor. Not to mention the whole thing about him being proud of going rogue "shooting the shit" in his promos but not OK when someone else does it to him (i.e. Hangman Page)

It's kind of telling when not even WWE wants you back even if all this drama leads to Punk leaving AEW

1 hour ago, HD-Man said:

It's wild to go from this to where we are now. 2 months ago you barely heard anything bad said about Punk in AEW, then the brawl happens and he's suddenly public enemy #1 backstage and on the dirt sheets.

Maybe IT'S my personal bias but I feel like some higher power is running a slander campaign against Punk and others. Like he's a scapegoat for AEW's issues but I suppose it's possible he's just simply toxic 

https://www.espn.in/wwe/story/_/id/33988304/hero-cm-punk-transformation-mentor-trailblazer-aew

Punk's reputation has preceded him. The WWE response to him signing with AEW was literally "good, he's your problem now." This isn't saying what went down in AEW is 100% on him. It's that this type of shit continues to happen to him. How many people that were his friends don't want anything to do with him. According to Punk he was always the one being slighted. Yet, other wrestlers doesn't seem to have the same problems with those same people. The common denominator is Punk. Dude is the Halle Berry of wrestling. Constantly surrounded by issues that are never their fault. And the problematic people move on from them and don't have the same problems. 

Thing with WWE is it's well documented how they kept fucking with Punk, because of them he shit himself in the ring and almost died, and if I'm not mistaken they fired him on his wedding day.

And WWE is known to fuck over talent, so that definitely ain't really Punk. Man was the longest reigning modern champ and almost never main evented (Cena vs Lauranitis main evented over Punk) 

Now as his dealings with AEW, could go either way. Everything was pretty much all good til around the scrum. Numerous ppl said how helpful he was in the locker room. But feelings change I suppose 

Edited by HD-Man

I think nobody has implied that WWE hasn't screwed Punk over, but to say Punk is just a victim here is disingenuous, and you can tell by the amount of burned bridges he has that don't necessarily connect with the WWE. The whole scrum incident just put the issue more into the limelight that the only person Punk cares about is Punk. People have been referring to that HHH promo lately during their feud where HHH said Punk is all about himself and everybody was on HHH's case because he was trying to bury him and whatnot, and turns out, time proved him right

It's not really disingenuous, most of the stuff that came out after the scrum isn't from the Elite or Punk's mouth, just hearsay, we still don't know the actual truth but for whatever reason, most of this alleged info has come from Dave Meltzer (and guess who he's buddies with, they named a move after him) NOBODY seems to acknowledge that massive conflict of interest 

But if anybody takes anything from what I'm sayin, then let it be to atleast give Punk a chance to explain himself (and the Bucks too, they're owed that as well) instead of believing every dirt Sheet rumor and just assuming it's the truth because of bias

Edited by HD-Man

On 10/28/2022 at 11:43 AM, HD-Man said:

Thing with WWE is it's well documented how they kept fucking with Punk, because of them he shit himself in the ring and almost died, and if I'm not mistaken they fired him on his wedding day.

And WWE is known to fuck over talent, so that definitely ain't really Punk. Man was the longest reigning modern champ and almost never main evented (Cena vs Lauranitis main evented over Punk) 

No, it's Punk. Punk was treated well in the WWE. He was making millions,  he was given a record breaking title reign, he was on various covers of their products, he was given the Cult of Personality song. So him making "not main eventing" as one of his reasons is laughable. 

His other reasons are also absurd. Many other wrestlers had near death incidents in the ring. Austin, Taker, Foley, Brock, etc.. they didn't bitch of not "getting treated well". It's wrestling for fucks sakes. Also, corporations and businesses will fire their employees whenever they feel to do so no matter what day it is.. that is business. Punk sounded like a kid who is complaining about his teacher failing him on his birthday.  

Punk is just an entitled prick who has this mental illness of thinking he is a complete tough guy. I pray that HHH does not let this piece of shit back in. Khan did the right thing by getting that cancer shit head out of his locker room ASAP. 

We need to stop saying "he was making millions" in wwe as sort of knock. Everyone in wwe will get to that tier if they're there long enough. Punk absolutely wasn't treated well for a good chunk of the time, his fanbase shot like bryans forced them to appreciate him. You have so many examples of the system fucking with the indy darlings just to fuck with them. 

Edited by Maxx
8 hours ago, Maxx said:

We need to stop saying "he was making millions" in wwe as sort of knock. Everyone in wwe will get to that tier if they're there long enough. Punk absolutely wasn't treated well for a good chunk of the time, his fanbase shot like bryans forced them to appreciate him. You have so many examples of the system fucking with the indy darlings just to fuck with them. 

Just to hit home your point : Punk (who was WWE champion) vs Daniel Bryan had to take a backseat to John Cena vs John LAURANITIS in the main event of a PPV. One of the MANY times Punk wasn disrespected while being a top guy 

Edited by HD-Man
9 hours ago, Maxx said:

That is just bullshit. He made millions and no one just gets that kind of treatment that Punk got. So many were there longer than he was during the time and they where not placed on the same level or given the same perks as him. Look at R truth, he was there since the attitude era, he didn't get the reign or money punk did, Taker didn't get the same title reign length ever, nor did Booker T, and so many others.  Punk was treated well in comparison to anybody of his kind. He is just an entitled prick with a god comples. The whole thing that just happened in AEW should tell you fans as to what kind of a self-glorified shit head he is.

Edited by zatalcon3
2 hours ago, zatalcon3 said:

That is just bullshit. He made millions and no one just gets that kind of treatment that Punk got. So many were there longer than he was during the time and they where not placed on the same level or given the same perks as him. Look at R truth, he was there since the attitude era, he didn't get the reign or money punk did, Taker didn't get the same title reign length ever, nor did Booker T, and so many others.  Punk was treated well in comparison to anybody of his kind. He is just an entitled prick with a god comples. The whole thing that just happened in AEW should tell you fans as to what kind of a self-glorified shit head he is.

Its almost like you forgot wwe has always been petty as fuck. What fucking cock gobbling rose tinted glasses are you wearing? We're talking about a company that was ran by a man who didnt think people thought asians were attractive and gave gail kim a shit run. A man who thought badly of you if you fucking sneezed around him. 

No one just gets that kinda hate? Wwe notoriously hated anyone who made a name for themselves outside of wwe coming in. If vince didnt create you he absolutely made efforts to hold you down. What are you talking about.. We have to many fucking examples of this for decades. This isnt a new thing that just happened to punk. 

41 minutes ago, Maxx said:

Its almost like you forgot wwe has always been petty as fuck. What fucking cock gobbling rose tinted glasses are you wearing? We're talking about a company that was ran by a man who didnt think people thought asians were attractive and gave gail kim a shit run. A man who thought badly of you if you fucking sneezed around him. 

No one just gets that kinda hate? Wwe notoriously hated anyone who made a name for themselves outside of wwe coming in. If vince didnt create you he absolutely made efforts to hold you down. What are you talking about.. We have to many fucking examples of this for decades. This isnt a new thing that just happened to punk. 

I never denied that WWE has had it's negative moments, just not with Punk. Punk really had no reason to play martyr or cry at all the way he did.  What he has done recently in AEW just shows he has always been the problem. Punk threw hate at HHH too, so we can't just go "well vince did this and that, so there is a reason to believe punk..". 

Just remember this, HHH banned Kenta from using his own move set because Punk was using (actually stealing) them. Kenta was literally forced to lower his own career  because the company was protecting Punk's fame, yet at the end of it all Punk blasts whines and  cries about how bad they treated him? What a fuckin prick.  

Edited by zatalcon3
18 minutes ago, zatalcon3 said:

I never denied that WWE has had it's negative moments, just not with Punk. Punk really had no reason to play martyr or cry at all the way he did.  What he has done recently in AEW just shows he has always been the problem. Punk threw hate at HHH too, so we can't just go "well vince did this and that, so there is a reason to believe punk..". 

Just remember this, HHH banned Kenta from using his own move set because Punk was using (actually stealing) them. Kenta was literally forced to lower his own career  because the company was protecting Punk's fame, yet at the end of it all Punk blasts whines and  cries about how bad they treated him? What a fuckin prick.  

Punk using kentas finisher didnt diminish kenta. Kenta being constantly hurt did. So you gonna blame bryan too for kenta not doing well? 

It made people sympathetic to kenta and made a potential fued more enticing. Him not being able to use the gts didnt make people turn off from him. Lack of direction and injuries did

Edited by Maxx
4 hours ago, Maxx said:

Punk using kentas finisher didnt diminish kenta. Kenta being constantly hurt did. So you gonna blame bryan too for kenta not doing well? 

It made people sympathetic to kenta and made a potential fued more enticing. Him not being able to use the gts didnt make people turn off from him. Lack of direction and injuries did

Bro come on. Think. You are a well respected wrestler in your home land and you signed a deal over seas to further your career internationally and once you are in there they suddenly tell you that you can not use any of the moves you have been doing for many years - moves that made you famous, all because they have this fake ass spoiled prick that they are trying to keep happy at the top. What do you think is going to happen? Kenta had to suck it up and try to cram new moves to work with, that is bound to result in injury. 

Kenta has been injured before, and so have many other wrestlers, they managed to get back in and still go on. He couldn't because all his tools was stripped away from him for the benefit of some entitled shit head.

No wrestling fan should ever respect punk. fuck that guy.

31 minutes ago, Hawkingbird said:

It's more on Punk than HHH. He's on the one that likes holding on to grudges. 

Punk actually talked to WWE prior to signing with AEW but he said they kept playing games, dicking him around. He'd definitely entertain an offer for them, it's up to HHH (who apparently also said if there's an opportunity to make money, he'd consider it) 

Of course, after the signing, they still have to coexist, don't know if Punk can not be blunt AF when he's annoyed with someone, which is another story in itself lol

Edited by HD-Man
1 hour ago, HD-Man said:

Punk actually talked to WWE prior to signing with AEW but he said they kept playing games, dicking him around. He'd definitely entertain an offer for them, it's up to HHH (who apparently also said if there's an opportunity to make money, he'd consider it) 

Of course, after the signing, they still have to coexist, don't know if Punk can not be blunt AF when he's annoyed with someone, which is another story in itself lol

WWE could never have Punk again and be totally fine. I think if Punk were to return it'd have to be with the understanding that now it's Punk who has to work with HHH and not the other way around.

In Nick Khan we trust.

5 hours ago, Psychoblue said:

WWE could never have Punk again and be totally fine. I think if Punk were to return it'd have to be with the understanding that now it's Punk who has to work with HHH and not the other way around.

In Nick Khan we trust.

What a retarded tweet. 

Company is 3 years old WWE had 20 years of no wrestling competition.

Sorry for "defending" AEW so much, but these are such bad faith comments.