Stage Select

The Wrestling Thread

1 minute ago, HD-Man said:

Cuz ppl sick of him not knowing how to work a match and taking opportunities from young talent 

EDIT: wtf kinda ending was that? 🤦🏾‍♂️

haha I was being facetious. But hilarious when you consider how many drones on Twitter/Insta say "Goldberg still draws"

6 minutes ago, HD-Man said:

They definitely have a history of treating black Champs poorly. I was trynna think of any other squashes, drawing blanks but I'm sure there's some out there

And if Bobby loses unceremoniously like that, my antennas definitely going off. Bianca deserved better than that tho 

I feel bad for her, dude. 

40 minutes ago, HD-Man said:

No way to really counter CM Punk, but Lesnar is bout as well as they could do. I'm for it, idk if Lesnar works without Heyman as his mouthpiece tho 

And AEW will counter with Bryan and Windham. Smackdown just getting more and more stacked lol USA jobbing to FOX, HARD. 

1 hour ago, scorp said:

Was this a one off for John? Or is he staying?

I always got the sense it was a one off just to get people back for summerslam because it's been hell trying to book it. Remember originally it was gonna be in Boston but we opened up too late 

Edited by Maxx
1 hour ago, Jurassic said:

I assume Cena's appearance at Summerslam was to help promote the Suicide Squad film.

Def not. At no point did he ever reference the movie or did I see wwe promote it. They werent even trying to get Cena originally during the reports, it's more because they were worried they weren't gonna sell enough. Boston and many places were still closed down when they started looking, this is before delta even hit that hard. Then delta hit and they were sweating.

Nick khan interview with Ariel helwani

-wants a 4 hour raw show

-nxt changes coming after takeover over the next few weeks

-basically said no more indie guys because they are all in raw and smackdown. Sounds like they may be moving whoever left to the main roster