Stage Select

The Wrestling Thread

9 hours ago, scorp said:

“I have postpartum and I hate you all!”

She's gonna be Ronda 2.0. All I ask for.. And I know very well wwe won't listen. Is to not pair her with Seth and let her be her own woman. It's OK to make nods or appear together once in a while but they don't need to be the new trips and steph. Neither Seth or Becky need eachother to be successful 

Edited by Maxx

Logan Paul gettin nuclear heat on RAW. He definitely need to consider being on an air talent at some point, he's a natural, his very presence is hateable😂

EDIT: They got Kross out here dressed like a gimp. If he re-signs with WWE, he's a damn fool 😂

Edited by HD-Man
3 minutes ago, scorp said:

I think despite all the shortcomings they are giving him, WWE will give him the most pushes as he's a big beefy boi.

I hope so, but I don't even know if dude can recover from this, atleast not with this company. He's been treated almost as bad as The Ascension so far

2 minutes ago, HD-Man said:

I hope so, but I don't even know if dude can recover from this, atleast not with this company. He's been treated almost as bad as The Ascension so far

Well on the main roster yea true.

I just don't see anything in this guy, could be why he's been treated the way he has.

Dude is like a fancy 2021 version of Nailz.

3 minutes ago, scorp said:

Well on the main roster yea true.

I just don't see anything in this guy, could be why he's been treated the way he has.

Dude is like a fancy 2021 version of Nailz.

I feel like he's aight, until recently they hid his flaws pretty well. I've seen worse, I think he's a solid hand, nobody to move the needle but a solid worker. 

Just now, HD-Man said:

I feel like he's aight, until recently they hid his flaws pretty well. I've seen worse, I think he's a solid hand, nobody to move the needle but a solid worker. 

Yea I don't disagree.

Just sucks they strapped a rocket onto him, because the crowd is clearly not behind him, whether its a face or heel.

1 hour ago, Hawkingbird said:

Booker stop

Booker also hates the Young Bucks and gatekept them out of WWE when they had a tryout there back in like 2011-12.  You can also go back to shoots with former agents like Finlay and Dave Taylor, or just watch that one Punk DVD where he admitted he wanted to quit because Miz got main event WM before he did, that a lot of oldheads thought Punk was an arrogant twat he acted like he was important when he hadn't done anything yet.  That's always gonna linger with these old guys because their idea of doing business was way different just due to the generation they came from, and Punk was the start of a generation who saw things differently.

Anyway, Punk also said that Vince was a millionaire that should be a billionaire.  By going in the complete opposite direction of what Punk and his fanbase would like in the last 5 years...Vince has corrected that mistake.

This was a 3-match card, that also saw 3 matches that went less than 5 minutes in a row.  I told the old SRK NBA discord that Becky coming back would define how that PPV would be remembered, and no sooner had I pressed "enter," on my keyboard disaster struck.  That Eva/Alexa match also had STRONG Morasca vs Sharmell energy and I'm assuming Abyss kept it short knowing what they were getting themselves into when they booked the match.  

And despite that, WWE makes money hand over fist.   By sacrificing their PPV business, WWE is now wealthier than even some sports feds even if their product is largely garbage.  We'll see what happens in the next year, but with the way WWE is going it'll be interesting to see who was right between Punk's comments and Vince's stubbornness...because for however many people they drive off, apparently 5x that are coming in.  There's a silent but overwhelming majority that watches this stuff and goes "more of that please!" 

16 minutes ago, Psychoblue said:

Booker also hates the Young Bucks and gatekept them out of WWE when they had a tryout there back in like 2011-12.  You can also go back to shoots with former agents like Finlay and Dave Taylor, or just watch that one Punk DVD where he admitted he wanted to quit because Miz got main event WM before he did, that a lot of oldheads thought Punk was an arrogant twat he acted like he was important when he hadn't done anything yet.  That's always gonna linger with these old guys because their idea of doing business was way different just due to the generation they came from, and Punk was the start of a generation who saw things differently.

Booker held down the Bucks when they were in TNA. The Bucks have talked about how the vets treated them like shit when they were in TNA. Their time in that company informed their current philosophy of wrestling. 

Just now, Hawkingbird said:

Booker held down the Bucks when they were in TNA. The Bucks have talked about how the vets treated them like shit when they were in TNA. Their time in that company informed their current philosophy of wrestling. 

I mean given what others outside of that circle have said about the Bucks, maybe the notion isn't entirely unwarranted from Booker's end.  

It'd be one thing if Booker just treated all the young guys like that, but think about how many former TNA guys have joined WWE and NXT since then, yet Booker singled them out and told the front office not to fuck with them.  

Edited by Psychoblue
2 minutes ago, Grimmjow316 said:

Well Vince takes after his dad in narrow mindsets on top guys. The story that most encapsulates this is Backlund and his first title run. Who knows how much money was left on the table by taking the title of Graham when he was the hotter act in that territory.

The irony that Vince Sr took the title off a muscle guy who was still hot compared to the philosophy of his son cannot be understated.  I also don't like the notion that Billy Graham was a bad wrestler because he was big.  His MSG feud with Dusty is probably my fave from the 70s.

16 hours ago, Psychoblue said:

I mean given what others outside of that circle have said about the Bucks, maybe the notion isn't entirely unwarranted from Booker's end.  

It'd be one thing if Booker just treated all the young guys like that, but think about how many former TNA guys have joined WWE and NXT since then, yet Booker singled them out and told the front office not to fuck with them.  

if you dont have a traditional look to you or come from his school...he shits on them.

23 hours ago, HD-Man said:

That new NXT logo looks like it was sponsored by the LGBT, and that new theme song by Wale (which is a remix of Still Tippin) is awful. I'm gonna pretend the last Takeover is where NXT ended and just pretend this new direction doesn't exist 😂

Nah the new logo looks like when everything was edm in 2008 and looks like it went to a paint party. Lgbtq colors look way diff

https://www.kayfabenews.com/meet-billy-reynolds-the-talented-seven-year-old-who-designed-the-new-nxt-logo/

Word is Nia and Charlotte got into a mini shoot fight on RAW, lookin at that clip that definitely seems to be the case

Charlotte swung first, Nia barely budged, then Nia fired out multiple slaps, Charlotte head was moving like a bobble head toy. Wouldn't be surprised if this started due to Nia's botching

She hurts mfers by accident, imagine Nia legit trying to kill you 😂

6 minutes ago, HD-Man said:

Word is Nia and Charlotte got into a mini shoot fight on RAW, lookin at that clip that definitely seems to be the case

Charlotte swung first, Nia barely budged, then Nia fired out multiple slaps, Charlotte head was moving like a bobble head toy. Wouldn't be surprised if this started due to Nia's botching

She hurts mfers by accident, imagine Nia legit trying to kill you 😂

https://wrestlingnews.co/wwe-news/nia-jax-and-charlotte-flair-apparently-started-shooting-on-each-other-during-wwe-raw-match/

On 8/31/2021 at 9:21 AM, Lantis said:

I dislike Nia Jax as much as the next guy, but getting into a shoot fight with her is ill-advised LOL

I remember someone in one of the FB groups saying that if Nia tried that on a joshi she'd get demolished and stretched.  The next week she retired Kairi Sane.  

She's sloppy as hell but she's also a Samoan.  You don't fuck with the Samoans no matter who you are unless you're a Tongan.  

Just now, HD-Man said:

If there wasn't a nail in the coffin, NOW there is with those two running NXT. We had a good run, eh? 🥺 R.I.P

You knew something was terribly wrong when Sanity and EC3 debuted and were immediately buried.  I'd say the way Tyler Breeze was treated upon arrival was a sign that something was amiss.  Nick comes in, starts noticing this trend, and Johnny Ace is the one who gets to him first and blames it on HHH not preparing guys for the main roster to instead bring in 35+ year old "rookies" who complain about their booking rather than doing the sports entertainment they were told and were supposed to be prepared for.  Nick, Vince and Bruce go down to NXT and see what's going on, and realize Ace is right in his own weird way.  

Good news is that it is far more likely NXT guys will be pushed upon entering the main roster.  Bad news is that you're more likely to see that push on a Ridge Holland than a Ilja Dragunov...