Stage Select

The Wrestling Thread

I liked everything about the match BUT the finish. Crowd seemed pretty hype at the prospect of Balor winning, and would've accepted him losing had the finish come to a logical conclusion. Have  him get distracted and  kick out of like two Spears then the 3rd one finally puts him away or something. Hell have Brock murder him to keep the title on Roman

Anything but what we actually got. "God" breaking the ropes was just.... Yea

32 minutes ago, HD-Man said:

As awful as the AEW shit was, it wasn't intentional atleast, but still it was the worst cuz Eddie had to sell that shit like death, I felt bad for everyone involved in that match ending 😂 🤦🏾‍♂️

Will always be a dark stain in the history of AEW, because that PPV was actually pretty good overall.

Tony won't get American virgins to set up his explosions next time, he's gonna fly in Japanese chads who will actually kill someone.

Yeah, I'll say the exploding ring was worse because the broken rope at least wasn't advertised ahead of time.  The exploding ring was promoted weeks in advance even beyond kayfabe, and having those media scrums explain it one way and the TV show another was a really bad look.  

Something other wrestlers talk about when it comes to botches is, "do they look spontaneous enough where if someone were in a real struggle, it'd make sense for something to go haywire?"  A broken rope, as dumb as it was, could be explained by wear across a card or an improper check as if it were a real fight.  it was also an Extreme Rules match so the match wouldn't be as easily waived if a turnbuckle came apart.

Exploding ring was promised for so long that you'd think they'd have done all those checks many hours in advance and the type of embarrassment it was doesn't lend itself well to the excuse of a spontaneous accident.  Despite what anyone says, especially the conflicting stories, I think that explosion was what it was always meant to be, then they saw the reaction and quickly made something up to save face. 

Edited by Psychoblue
58 minutes ago, Psychoblue said:

Exploding ring was promised for so long that you'd think they'd have done all those checks many hours in advance and the type of embarrassment it was doesn't lend itself well to the excuse of a spontaneous accident.  Despite what anyone says, especially the conflicting stories, I think that explosion was what it was always meant to be, then they saw the reaction and quickly made something up to save face. 

It was a rib by Kenny, PB.

1 minute ago, scorp said:

Can't wait for every female to be dressed in a long sleeve outfit with a baggy shirt to hide their boner-inducing curve

6 minutes ago, HD-Man said:

There literally hasn't been one watchable Crown Jewel, this Saudi events always trash. And they're locked in for like 10 years to do these I think 

They make way too much money entertaining those scumbags.

Pretty sure I quit WWE while watching the 2018 Crown Jewel, it happened just as Khashoggi got killed.

I though to myself  "This company bores me. They never do what I want as a fan. And now they are moving forward with this shit."

Cancelled the network on the same day.

10 minutes ago, HD-Man said:

Oh, I definitely get it from a business perspective, I wish they'd use the money to hire better booking tho

For the life of me I can't figure out how out of all these cuts, the booking staff wasn't one of the first to go.   During one of the recent writer strikes RAW was better than it had been in years when it was just Vince, Heyman and Zeb booking the show.  

2 hours ago, HD-Man said:

And then they crushed my heart by changing Keith Lee's name. I really hope this was his idea and he's paying tribute to Bearcat Wright cuz otherwise..... 

I had to look up who the hell that was when Cornette brought him up.  I'll see if the old-timey archive he has contains any good stuff.

That main event on RAW sounds pretty OK.  I was commentating the Online Local and saw people ragging on it but it looks to be pretty decent.  I'll check that out later too

25 minutes ago, Psychoblue said:

I had to look up who the hell that was when Cornette brought him up.  I'll see if the old-timey archive he has contains any good stuff.

That main event on RAW sounds pretty OK.  I was commentating the Online Local and saw people ragging on it but it looks to be pretty decent.  I'll check that out later too

It was OK main event, but you kinda don't want Bobby getting pinned clean heading into the rematch with Goldberg. But maybe I'm wrong 

8 minutes ago, HD-Man said:

It was OK main event, but you kinda don't want Bobby getting pinned clean heading into the rematch with Goldberg. But maybe I'm wrong 

As the champ big e needed a clean win and he went full super face.  That’s a good sign that they want him on top.  Wwe in general desperately needs a top face rn.  

hahaha Cornette fans are hilarious

Out of curiosity I watched his review of the recent Smackdown.

He shit all over it.

I go read the comments

"Roman is great, Big E is great, The Usos are great, Rick Boggs and Nakamura are great, no one cares about Roode/Dolph

Fans legit pop when they see Big E, Nakamura and Boggs (a young big dude with charisma), no one cares about Roode and Dolph, what the hell are Corny and Last even talking about

People were interested in Finn, but he’s been killed off, likely to go join the rest of the midget brigade on AEW

Baron Corbin is playing a classic heel, and Jim hates it? KO is a slob, doesn’t add anything to a roster, and Corny’s always hates him, now he’s on his way out and he’s on his side with the booking?

I smell a sellout"

"Big E is great, he’s a modern day JYD

Jim just hates anything colorful and geared towards the fans paying the most money to see the product

Big E and Lashley just had 2 bangers on Raw, but he’s gushing over Dragon Sleepers on Led Staging? That only lead into commercial breaks?

Starting to lose respect for Jim’s POV if he can’t look past his biases and agree that Big E is great as a Main Event star"

When he shits on AEW, Jim is telling the truth and a man of conviction and old school wrestling!
When he shits on WWE, Jim is a sellout.

Absolutely hilarious delusional WWE retards.

Edited by scorp

I still think some of you guys here were completely delusional thinking 2020 Dynamite was anything other than Great Value RAW levels of unwatchable but it is way WAY better now.  The sooner Tony tells Cody and the Bucks we can still be friends, the better.  The WWE fire sale has given AEW a significant upgrade in talent across the board.  Now it really is something to pay heed to.

image0.jpg