Stage Select

The Wrestling Thread

35 minutes ago, scorp said:

I gotta say... Wearing my Nexus hoodie really makes random wrestling fans in public talk to me lol
I think I've had like 20 people talk to me about it over the past 10 years I've had it.
Most recently last week.

Nexus was over, bros.

Finally something we agree on.  the only reason I gave Retribution leeway until it became clear they weren't going anywhere was that I had hopes of them being Nexus 2.0 of guys stuck in the system who were going to wreak havoc wantonly as payback for being fucked around.   Sadly RAW happened.

I see Roman is popping off about saying he could bounce anyone in the AEW roster IRL.  Someone brought up Hager but with how much of a chump he's looked in the last year I don't blame Roman for thinking he could bounce him too.  

1 hour ago, Psychoblue said:

I see Roman is popping off about saying he could bounce anyone in the AEW roster IRL

lol wut?

Throwing stones in a glass house, cause Riddle and Brock could turn his ass inside out on his own roster. Punk could probably work Roman in all honesty, yeah the guy got whooped in the UFC but you're talking about the top 1% of human beings on the planet in that organization. Plus there's Black (been training kickboxing for 20 years), and, as we already mentioned, Hagar who is an elite wrestler and is undefeated in pro fights  (against cans, but still).

If he's trying to say that he's bigger and stronger than the AEW roster, that's also dumb, there's some big dudes in the locker room. I mean, Nick Comoroto is bigger than Roman FFS

You could say he's just being a heel, but breaking kayfabe to keep kayfabe is stupid. 

Edited by KingTubb
56 minutes ago, KingTubb said:

lol wut?

Throwing stones in a glass house, cause Riddle and Brock could turn his ass inside out on his own roster. Punk could probably work Roman in all honesty, yeah the guy got whooped in the UFC but you're talking about the top 1% of human beings on the planet in that organization. Plus there's Black (been training kickboxing for 20 years), and, as we already mentioned, Hagar who is an elite wrestler and is undefeated in pro fights  (against cans, but still).

If he's trying to say that he's bigger and stronger than the AEW roster, that's also dumb, there's some big dudes in the locker room. I mean, Nick Comoroto is bigger than Roman FFS

You could say he's just being a heel, but breaking kayfabe to keep kayfabe is stupid. 

Punk only got that UFC spot because of his pro wrestling career and it was an unmitigated disaster.  I'm putting him in the same level of professional fighting experience as Roman for how little good it did him.  

EDIT:  "I'll take Punk and the main eventers.  You deal with the undercard"

https://www.ringsidenews.com/2021/10/12/walter-can-beat-up-everyone-on-the-aew-roster-says-booker-t/?fbclid=IwAR3n84VPmaTo8c-fmNMw8kuFQcE6oZO4yh16PDKHI9D_qjFINTN9wp-egb4

Edited by Psychoblue
32 minutes ago, Psychoblue said:

Punk only got that UFC spot because of his pro wrestling career and it was an unmitigated disaster. 

Facts

36 minutes ago, Psychoblue said:

I'm putting him in the same level of professional fighting experience as Roman for how little good it did him.  

Not at all man. Punk has been training at one of the top gyms in the world for half a decade at this point. Hundreds of hours of sparring, thousands of hours of training mean something. 

Look, I'm not saying that Punk is a stud by any means, but he's actually put work into this. As far as I know, Roman doesn't have any actual training in any martial arts. 

People can armchair quarterback about punk all they want, but the difference between someone who trains and someone who doesn't, regardless of physical abilities (outside of extremes), is night and day. 

I'm gonna drag @Maxxinto this cause I think he'd agree with me

Punk is trash mma wise but don't let his mma career fool you. He's been with the gracies for a long time. He was with them before ehe even thought of doing mma. He has some semblance of ground game. Would I I prob tool him? Yes but it's because my focus and his focus are different. But would he probably fuck up some athletic dudes who don't know shit.. Yes. We've seen it time and time again. 

Did punk get into ufc because of his wwe fame absolutely. But he has some level of athletic experience.. They wouldn't have taken a fat piece of shit. 

1 hour ago, Maxx said:

Punk is trash mma wise but don't let his mma career fool you. He's been with the gracies for a long time. He was with them before ehe even thought of doing mma. He has some semblance of ground game. Would I I prob tool him? Yes but it's because my focus and his focus are different. But would he probably fuck up some athletic dudes who don't know shit.. Yes. We've seen it time and time again. 

Did punk get into ufc because of his wwe fame absolutely. But he has some level of athletic experience.. They wouldn't have taken a fat piece of shit. 

Yes, but in a real fight, size absolutely matters.  Roman didn't say he was gonna take him in a competitive fight within MMA rules.  He just said he was gonna bounce him and I have little reason to think in a shoot Roman wouldn't go for any number of Punk's  past injuries and then shrug off anything that didn't hit him right in a nerve center.  

Samoans being immune to pain is a meme, but it's based on reality.  Otherwise we'd have to be calling the legendary tough guys like Haku (Tongan but still) a fraud in the context of this particular "contest" Roman is alluding to.  

Edited by Psychoblue
2 hours ago, Psychoblue said:

Punk only got that UFC spot because of his pro wrestling career and it was an unmitigated disaster.  I'm putting him in the same level of professional fighting experience as Roman for how little good it did him.  

EDIT:  "I'll take Punk and the main eventers.  You deal with the undercard"

https://www.ringsidenews.com/2021/10/12/walter-can-beat-up-everyone-on-the-aew-roster-says-booker-t/?fbclid=IwAR3n84VPmaTo8c-fmNMw8kuFQcE6oZO4yh16PDKHI9D_qjFINTN9wp-egb4

Wtf is Booker talking about lol He's sounding like a full on 13 year old mark.

He probably thought that Goldberg could beat up Jericho in real life too.

36 minutes ago, Psychoblue said:

Yes, but in a real fight, size absolutely matters.  Roman didn't say he was gonna take him in a competitive fight within MMA rules.  He just said he was gonna bounce him and I have little reason to think in a shoot Roman wouldn't go for any number of Punk's  past injuries and then shrug off anything that didn't hit him right in a nerve center.  

Samoans being immune to pain is a meme, but it's based on reality.  Otherwise we'd have to be calling the legendary tough guys like Haku (Tongan but still) a fraud in the context of this particular "contest" Roman is alluding to.  

Size does matter but are we suddenly acting like punk is a flyweight? Being immune to pain doesn't matter if your put to sleep. As well doesn't matter if your legs don't work.

I get what your saying but at least we know punk can take a punch. 

Am I saying he's rolling through Roman.. No. But does he have a shot.. Def 

8 hours ago, HD-Man said:

We sure Roman is just being a heel? I know he's drinking the Kool Aid but I don't think he seriously means he can beat all AEW wrestlers in actual fights. 

And if he is serious, he's either crazy or has been super secretly training with Brock or some shit 

He’s working for sure. And I have no problem with that he said or any other wrestler says on Twitter. I’m just hating on retarded wrestling fans that have no idea how real fights work because of decades of pro wrestling brainwashing them with “muscles = fighting power”. Haha

28 minutes ago, iStu X said:

100% 

Impossible to ever happen again. Eric needs to realize that.

That Monday Night War was lightning in a bottle.

Wrestling was so over to the mainstream and will never be again. 

AEW will never beat WWE in the ratings, because they have a niche fanbase of which belonged to maybe 15% of WWE's total viewer base.

They love the indy shit, they read the dirt sheets, they interest themselves with AAA or NJPW, etc.

But the casual WWE fan just loves WWE and nothing more, they are literally part of the WWE universe because nothing else exists beyond it.

I really do think Tony hams it up by saying that AEW will beat WWE. But he knows, I know and we all know that will never happen.

6 minutes ago, Maxx said:

Which we all agree on but he thinks aew is that. That's what the Eric bishoff video above is about... His misunderstanding that aew isn't quite there yet. 

And never will. 

Wrestling is never hitting 90s or even 2000s levels of popularity.

The sooner people accept that, the better.

But they won't and we will continue to see retarded comments on Twitter.

9 minutes ago, scorp said:

And never will. 

Wrestling is never hitting 90s or even 2000s levels of popularity.

The sooner people accept that, the better.

But they won't and we will continue to see retarded comments on Twitter.

I guess does it matter as long as you make money? Wwe isn't as popular culturally  but they are making money than the 2000s

Just now, Maxx said:

I guess does it matter as long as you make money? Wwe isn't as popular culturally  but they are making money than the 2000s

Absolutely.

It's a publicly traded company.  Money is all that matters.

They have decades of being the biggest kid on the block, as long as the Saudi's pay, networks pay, merch sells, then the quality of the show doesn't matter.

All that matters is that the money keeps rolling in, popularity be damned.