Stage Select

The Wrestling Thread

has there ever been a "behind the scenes" documentary about vince mcmahon and the wwf/e btw? just curious.

cuz today i was thinking about the late great davey boy smith. and how charismatic he was like the iron sheik and rc flair. then i started thinking about the time golddust knocked out vince, and bret hart knocked out vince...and how they just kept working with each other. and how wrestling is such a strange unique business where you can k.o. the boss and somehow not get get fired. not to mention the patrice o neal stories of vince.

vince doesnt realize just how interesting he is and how interesting the wrestlers personalities are.

a docu of behind the scenes would be huuuuuuuuuuuuge. just massive hit. vince doesnt realize how big a behind the scenes docu would be. not to mention a docu with a collection of wild stories from the past would be.

6 minutes ago, VirginDefiler said:

has there ever been a "behind the scenes" documentary about vince mcmahon and the wwf/e btw? just curious.

cuz today i was thinking about the late great davey boy smith. and how charismatic he was like the iron sheik and rc flair. then i started thinking about the time golddust knocked out vince, and bret hart knocked out vince...and how they just kept working with each other. and how wrestling is such a strange unique business where you can k.o. the boss and somehow not get get fired. not to mention the patrice o neal stories of vince.

vince doesnt realize just how interesting he is and how interesting the wrestlers personalities are.

a docu of behind the scenes would be huuuuuuuuuuuuge. just massive hit. vince doesnt realize how big a behind the scenes docu would be. not to mention a docu with a collection of wild stories from the past would be.

Vince was originally planning to do a last dance style doc but I think he got scared what they might dig up and shut it down. The way dark side of ring is going his dumb ass would end up admitting to a crime on camera. 

So, the last time I went to a wrestling event in general was when I was in high school, when I hooked a couple of my homies at the time up w/tickets to a WWE house show at the Oil Palace about an hour away. Now that I've pretty much thrown about $250 already towards this trip to the Dynamite/Rampage tapings on the 15th next month between my tix and a overnight stay less than 1/2 a mile from the venue; I'm curious about how AEW does their tapings/live stuff. 

Doors open at 5pm for entry, with the event starting at 6pm. Am I under the correct understanding that they'll do 2-4 dark matches before the live show (presumably taping AEW Dark during this time), with say a half-hour break to clean and sanitize the ring between the dark matches and the Dynamite taping, then 30-45 mins to do the same thing before taping Rampage? In that original figure, I've not included the close to $150 I've spent on shirts between PWT and the NJPW store. 

12 hours ago, HD-Man said:

Tony Khan just said Moxley checked himself into rehab for alcohol abuse if I'm reading correctly. Good too see Moxley seek the help he needs before it gets ugly, I'm sure he will come out stronger 

https://www.wrestlingnewssource.com/news/71854/Jon-Moxley-Enters-Inpatient-Alcohol-Treatment-Program/

I was kinda wondering when this would happen. Wasn't Moxley known for smoking and drinking backstage during shows? That can't be a healthy habit if you're expecting to be an athlete....

25 minutes ago, Lantis said:

I was kinda wondering when this would happen. Wasn't Moxley known for smoking and drinking backstage during shows? That can't be a healthy habit if you're expecting to be an athlete....

Meh it's not healthy but doesn't nessisarily stop you either. Look at some cold... Dude was pretty ripped for a dude known to live his gimmick. Alot of times the you out work you're vices. 

I love all the comments on FB and Twitter "OMG I can't believe they released them! Who is there left to watch anymore!? I can't support this company, making all this money and still releasing people for no reason!"

Every.
Single.
Time.

They have record profits and proceed to cut people after.

These people need to shut up and just accept they will never stop watching lol

I finally left a discord that was giving me headaches because I was keeping it real about what's been going on today, saying that other than Keith, today's cuts were sadly writings on the wall.  PROTIP:  respect when someone is trying to keep things real.  I've had to make that hard decision and phone call to those I've been tasked with cutting, and it sucks every single time especially when it's not for merit concerns.  I don't envy whoever has to make that phone call.  

Get well soon, Mox.  I always had a feeling something was up with him like that after what happened with his Stone Cold podcast, but he's a husband and father and I'm happy he's checking in to get the help he so richly deserves.  

1 minute ago, Psychoblue said:

I finally left a discord that was giving me headaches because I was keeping it real about what's been going on today, saying that other than Keith, today's cuts were sadly writings on the wall.  PROTIP:  respect when someone is trying to keep things real.  I've had to make that hard decision and phone call to those I've been tasked with cutting, and it sucks every single time especially when it's not for merit concerns.  I don't envy whoever has to make that phone call.  

Get well soon, Mox.  I always had a feeling something was up with him like that after what happened with his Stone Cold podcast, but he's a husband and father and I'm happy he's checking in to get the help he so richly deserves.  

I disagree. Some of the cuts like Frankie Monet and  Zayda Ramier were talent that were brought in just this year. Kross and Scarlett were money. Calling up Kross without Scarlett and his NXT gimmick killed him. Mia Yum could have been a good hand for the women's division. A lot of wasted potential on that list.

I don't really watch much WWE product, but I do listen to Busted Open. Some many dug Karrion Kross and then they brought him up the main roster and it was collective WTF. I don't get building a wrestler, under one of your OWN properties, just to trash their gimmick to start from scratch. It makes no sense to me. I bring this up because it seems to be a recurring theme with the WWE. 

Edited by Darc_Requiem
Just now, Hawkingbird said:

I disagree. Some of the cuts like Frankie Monet and  Zayda Ramier were talent that were brought in just this year. Kross and Scarlett were money. Calling up Kross without Scarlett and his NXT gimmick killed him. Mia Yum could have been a good hand for the women's division. A lot of wasted potential on that list.

What I heard was Scarlet and Karrion refused to get vaccinated for the overseas tour, and Nia given her previous stances wouldn't be a shocker.

Everyone else on that list, yes wasted potential but it was potential that was clearly never going to be realized.  

But Keith...they gave him new music, new name, new look, and a new push...on top of nearly dying.  Have fun with that PR nightmare shsesh.

Just now, Darc_Requiem said:

I don't really watch much WWE product, but I do listen to Busted Open. Some many dug Karrion Kross and then they brought him up the main roster and it was collective WTF. I don't get building a wrestler, under one of your OWN properties, just to trash their gimmick to start from scratch. It makes no sense to me. I bring this up because it seems to be a recurring theme with the WWE. 

The massive disconnect is exactly why NXT 2.0 is a thing.  A good thing?  Probably not.  But I expect there being more consistency on callups for what they were there to what they are when they move up.  

2 minutes ago, HD-Man said:

Random stupid idea that someone came up that will never happen: Triple H recovers from his heart attack, seperates from WWE, gets together with a bud, buys ROH and rebuilds. Never gonna happen but man I'd LOVE it

When the McMahons cash out I fully expect HHH and maybe Steph to build their own company because they don't know any other way of life, and become the new ROH since NXT was heavily ROH inspired.  

2 hours ago, Maxx said:

OH I totally know about all that shit. But I also know not everyone even fucking travels. Like most of nxt haven't left Florida since being signed Lmfao

Nick looks at the big picture.  If they don’t fall in line down in Florida they won’t fall in line in Jeddah.  That makes Aces job easier when he’s told to slash x amount of wrestlers.  

The biggest shocker was Keith for all the reasons we’ve mentioned on top of how after all the shit that happened, there’s no way he’d still be anti-vaxx if he ever was to begin with…right

2 hours ago, Psychoblue said:

Nick looks at the big picture.  If they don’t fall in line down in Florida they won’t fall in line in Jeddah.  That makes Aces job easier when he’s told to slash x amount of wrestlers.  

The biggest shocker was Keith for all the reasons we’ve mentioned on top of how after all the shit that happened, there’s no way he’d still be anti-vaxx if he ever was to begin with…right

He may not be anti vaxx but doesn't mean Mia isn't. I dunno, I've seen a surprising number of people get covid and have a rough time but still be anti vaxx. 

2 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Pretty funny but the "Feud With Cody" line isn't really accurate. They've had a lot of big signings lately and only Aleister.....Manchester...🙃 I mean Malakai Black went to an instant Cody feud. 

Shawn Spears got into a feud with Cody after his WWE release. Cody was Jericho first challenger when he won the title. The Cody line is there because he likes to attach himself to the hottest accusations.

5 minutes ago, Hawkingbird said:

Shawn Spears got into a feud with Cody after his WWE release. Cody was Jericho first challenger when he won the title. The Cody line is there because he likes to attach himself to the hottest accusations.

I feel bad for saying this, but I barely remember anything Shawn Spears does, don't know if it's him or my senility. That said, it's recency bias on my part. I was thinking  of Miro, Christian, Adam Cole, Punk, and Bryan Danielson but not AEWs total history.