Stage Select

The MEGASHOCK Saloon Thread

On 3/10/2018 at 11:44 AM, Darc_Requiem said:
On 3/9/2018 at 1:33 PM, DangerousJ said:

For those who have smartphones, how often do you get a new one?

I got my first one, Motorola Droid X ,in 2010 and then changed to Samsung Galaxy S5 in 2014 when it started gltching.

MY S5 is having screen problems and Im thinking of getting the Samsung Galaxy S9 plus, which will make it 4 years exactly

I currently have an HTC U11. I'm weird in that I'm not much for headphones. I like a cellphone with good speakers, so I've been on the HTC bandwagon for a while. I did skip a couple of models that went with a single speaker. The reason I hopped on the U11 is i didn't know when they'd put a decent set of speakers on a cellphone again.

I do the every 2 years thing. have S8+ and previously had LG G4, both were horrible choices. I hated the LG because it had widespread issues, and don't like the stock setup on the S8+, and the side screen shit is stupid, you press 9 three times before a 0 will register. Fuck. It's also a slippery phone, and since I do the lease thing, I'm not buying a 100 case for 'not' my phone.

Last phone I liked was the GS4. Unfortunately the screen broke, so I upgraded. I stopped playing games on phones with my GS4, and I'm sure a phone of that level can still do every needed function.

On 3/13/2018 at 5:19 PM, FMABBisGod said:

I do the every 2 years thing. have S8+ and previously had LG G4, both were horrible choices. I hated the LG because it had widespread issues, and don't like the stock setup on the S8+, and the side screen shit is stupid, you press 9 three times before a 0 will register. Fuck. It's also a slippery phone, and since I do the lease thing, I'm not buying a 100 case for 'not' my phone.

Last phone I liked was the GS4. Unfortunately the screen broke, so I upgraded. I stopped playing games on phones with my GS4, and I'm sure a phone of that level can still do every needed function.

A little bit of extra RAM always helps, but yeah mostly from a Galaxy S4 you want to trade up for a nicer screen with higher res.

I will have to switch my phone this year. Sadly. :disappointed:

I have been using Windows Phone for the last 4 years and used Blackberry before that.

But now I will have to accept that it will be an Android phone. And I despite Android.

Not as much as I despite iOS. Developing for either is hell.

I will solely miss my Windows Phone. :cry:

On 3/13/2018 at 5:42 PM, Bea_Iank said:

I have been using Windows Phone for the last 4 years and used Blackberry before that.

But now I will have to accept that it will be an Android phone. And I despite Android.

Have you considered the Blackberry Keyone?

On 3/13/2018 at 5:52 PM, TheInfernoman said:

Have you considered the Blackberry Keyone?

I will give it a check. Looks yummy. Physical QWERTY keyboard? That is all I dream of!

How do you even function woman?!

My 1st smartphone was a Nokia that had Windows phone 5 years ago, because I grew up with Nokia as sturdy phones and yada yada. OS was shit, it did not work well and it broke after like a year, don't even remember how, after that got an used Samsung S3, which broke in a few months, then my sister in law gave me an used iPhone 4s and now I am the proud owner of an Asus Zenphone 2 'cause it was dirt cheap and I dn't give a fuck about my phone as long as it has youtube working.

My wifeon the other hand cares so when we got to buy her a new phone 2 years ago we ended up with an HTC10, the other options were s8 and iPhone 9 at the time I believe, HTC was a good decision.

I know very little to nothing about smartphones so when it was time I turned to Linus Tech Tips on youtube for research

Smart phones are bullshit real talk. Get a new phone for 500 bucks to then get updates for it that kill the battery. Meanwhile, they try to sell a newer version of said phone that can handle updates for a while until the next one comes. Shit sucks

cheh, I'm not really a fan of smartphones either... the only reason I have one right now is because Dad gave me his older iPhone a few years ago (*forcing me into the modern-era in terms of phones)....and yeah I've still been on the same one for all this time. Before that I still had an old ass "flip phone"....the reactions of people at work when they saw that were always amusing to me---usually I'd get "whoah they still make those?!?!". I'm finally looking to upgrade at some point soon though. Even at this point, the most I use my phone for besides talking to someone is for notes and checking email.

Bayonetta 1 and 2 as a portable experience--- this is the greatest thing, man. I've been on part 2 for quite a while now simply because I keep re-playing stages for better time, rank and scoring, and more stylish clips I can save.

I just saw the Tomb Raider(2018) film.

Pros:

Alicia’s performance in terms of acting/physicality was pretty spot on.

Action sequences reflect the crazy setpieces of the 2013 reboot game well.

cute post-credit scene

cons:

While it is an adaptation of the 2013 reboot game, a lot of the characters from the game are not there, and the macguffin is different than the game. It’s very “loose”

The main villain is very bland and has a thin characterization. In the game, he was a lot more theatrical and creepy. They should have stuck with that imo.

The first hour is a bit slow. Most of the action scenes are in the climax.

For some reason, there were no animals in the film. A signifcant part of Lara’s journey was fending for herself against wild animals and the elements and foraging for supplies. also, the first kill of Lara should have been given more dramatic weight.

Overall: If you like the reboot game and its premise, you will probably like this movie.

I have only played the reboot games and not the original games or the Angelina Jolie films so I cant really discuss the merits of this vs the Jolie films.

If you like the reboot games, 7/10

If you have no ties to the franchise, 6/10.

cheh,

It's still an odd thing that Sectaurs never caught on like it should have....yeah all this time later I still can't get over that... look at how awesome the figures and general concept was:

..a real shame that like so many other kids getting older at the time... I eventually let Mom give away most of my action figure collection.... I'd go back in time to get that and my old Starcom stuff back. (*this dude's channel goes over Starcom as well....and Silverhawks, Jayce & the Wheeled Warriors, etc.)

edit---ohoooo he has a vid on the M.U.S.C.L.E. figures too! Sheeeeeit, I had a ton of those...

of course I was quite the spoiled kid back in the day... mom started me off with one of the big 28-pack sets, and from there I'd get the occasional 4 or 5-pack. Later they were sold in different colors so I started getting those versions too. This is one of the few things in terms of toys that I actually still have today.

Million-X,

You should subscribe to that youtube channel, ToyGalaxy,.

They mostly talk about Marvel/Star Wars, but they generally do informative videos on obscure toys.

Part of the reason I buy Transformers Generations line is that outside of my G2 Megatron, all my TF/TMNT/toybiz x-men/Spawn figures were damaged during two hurricanes and the few that werent were sold off quickly when we moved from St. Thomas to Florida.

I had about 40 TF from G1, though most were from 1986-1990. The only 84/85 figures I had were Twin Twist(the jump starter) and a second hand, with no accessories Jetfire in bad shape. That was given from our landlord and was still awesome to get.

The earliest figures I remember getting were 1986 characters: Dead End (the burgundy Porsche stunticon), Brawl (olive green tank Combaticon), and Swindle (the orange jeep Combaticon). Swindle was one of the most entertaining characters in the show so I guess thats why I favor Decepticon characters now.

My parents could never find the original G1 Optimus Prime ,but I got the Powermaster 1988 version and loved it.

The only G1 toys I have now are reissues I've bought in the last 8 years - G1 Soundwave, Predacons, and Insecticons.

I probably have about 85 TF's after collecting in the last 11.5 years.

Though with the current line havng dinobots,terrorocons, rodimus Prime, I see myself slowing down a bit.

The main figures I want are new versions of Ratchet/Ironhide, Scorponok, and maybe some odds and ends like Needlenose/Spinister,

oh yeah Optimus Prime was my 3rd Transformer if I recall.... first one was Prowl, which was a Porsche police car... then I got Jazz after that. I think Prime was a birthday present.

and yeah I already subscribed to that channel.... today was the first I've seen it. Thanks to him I also found out about "Super 7" which has some cool "other" M.U.S.C.L.E. figures... like Aliens, Masters of the Universe, Megaman and other franchises done in that style...an absolutely. brilliant idea there.

The Sectaurs cartoon was kinda lame though, compared to the other shows of the era.... it was a great concept but the show itself just wasn't executed well.... Visionaries had the same problem; first episode was a bit on the boring side. In both cases, I think the toys and general concept was way better... the animated shows were the weak link in those franchises, sadly.... at least the Visionaries cartoon had a memorable intro theme though. "Visionaries, knights of the magical light...Visionaries, with magical powers they fight! Powers of light can change steel and steed.."-- heh that is still cemented in my memory after all these years.

Regarding MUSCLE again--- I'm sure younger generations remember more clearly that there was a cartoon later on called "Ultimate MUSCLE" which aired on Saturday mornings....it wasn't that long ago, actually...late 90s or early 2000s. There was also the Ultimate MUSCLE wrestling game on Gamecube... it was the most fun wrestling game I've ever played, actually (the gameplay was more like a straight up fighting game instead of what one would expect out of a "wrestling" game)....and the character creation was decent.

On 3/15/2018 at 8:47 PM, TheInfernoman said:
On 3/9/2018 at 10:32 AM, Chadouken said:

I'm gonna be a slut and use both.

Same here...and once I get bored of one I'll stick to the other...like how any thot does it.

So that means I'll be here more eventually.

Your old ass needs to retire thot from your vocabulary. Effective today.

-The Management

On 3/18/2018 at 5:24 PM, misterBee said:

Wait what? Why does the middle one have a human face?!

Generally the Pretenders were metal shells with organic "flesh" on the outside and a smaller simple transformer on the inside. the Autobots were mostly patterned on humans wearing clunky armor. You could see their eyes but nothing else. This Metalhawk character was exclusive to Japan. For whatever reason, he was sculpted to show a full on face.

Most of the Decepticons (except Starscream) were designed to look like scary monsters (and looked cooler imo).

Slang is never really supposed to make sense but I still think "thot" is a failure at every level. My understanding is that it's originally an acronym for "that ho over there", and the inclusion of the word "that" makes it impossible to use in most.sentences when you break down the meaning. "She a that ho over there"

"Acting like a that ho over there"

It's as bad as when most people refer to a Spanish named place and put a "the" in front of it. Like in breaking bad "let's go to the Los Pollos Hermanos". The use of "the" is redundant.

I use.to catch shit from teachers for saying "ain't" but thot is a higher level of English fuckery. I put on the same tier as people who force themselves to actually speak the word "finna" as if they dropped out in third grade. I'd sooner call someone a slut then refer to them as a thot

...if only I could go back in time, man... thinking about those figures again; it's a sad thing that as a kid, you don't realize that the shit just won't be available later on, and eventually you take those precious action figures/figurines for granted....and they all go away at some point...and most probably hit that point where we don't play with them anymore, or even look at them anymore... Mom and/or Dad then ask if it's ok to give them away and you're foolishly cool with that decision. Besides the MUSCLE figures, I also at least have some Legos, 1 Transformer (yep, just the one... Blitzkrieg the triple-changer) and some Army Ants....I still have quite a few of those, actually.,,,they were a quick flash in the pan that most people probably forgot about a long time ago.... this vid also features the Battle Beasts

I don't think Army Ants even had a show... one of those toy lines that was JUST toys... same for Battle Beasts... I remember the toys and the commercial, but there was no show for it. Heh, "Wood! Fire! Fire beats wood!"

On another note--- The Originals is back for the final season on April 20.... I'll definitely miss it

@MillionX A friend of mine had literally thousands of the battle beasts. He could almost cover the front yard with them. The most important thing I remember about battle beasts is that every one of them had the ability to stab me in a pressure point in my feet. When activated, this pressure point would cause excrutiating pain that so bad that even my hair would hurt for minutes after stepping on one. I think an actual nail through the foot would have been less painful. Hell, getting bit by a sea snake would've been less painful.

21 hours ago, misterBee said:
21 hours ago, Angel said:

We have million now, we can officially close this site to new members. :clap:

You want to close it when we are at 98 members? How badly do you want to blueball me?! I need that FAT 100.

We can close it at 99, rename the site SRKVIP, and put people on a year long waiting list to get in unless they pay a fee. They also get some star cards if they fast track their way in

7 hours ago, Poltergeist said:

We can close it at 99, rename the site SRKVIP, and put people on a year long waiting list to get in unless they pay a fee. They also get some star cards if they fast track their way in

I should ban you for being pure evil.

But I won't.

love u

Site's getting better and better, especially the reaction tool.

Injustice 2 has the TMNT , so Im probably going to get it.

Here are the trailers recut to the various theme songs

Injustice  2  - 1987 TMNT

Spoiler

Injustice TMNT 2003

Spoiler

Injustice TMNT 2012

Spoiler

It also made the post boxes not as clean, reset everyone's avs, got rid of most of the reactions, and added a permanent white underlay so that way the stage select is pointless because you can't see it. Hope there's some more tweaking to be done because it was looking super clean, and now it's not.