Stage Select

The NRS Thread

12 minutes ago, Hawkingbird said:

I miss the wake up options of MK9 and MKX. I liked that your specials had invincibility on wake up in those games. It put a lot of focus on restands if you wanted to maintain your momentum. 

Yeah, personally, MK11 made some goofy choices to mechanics...

a running thought I’ve had is that everything that needed improvement in MKX was improved on in MK11 (animations, models, character designs, too focused on mixups, stages, too dark levels, too gruesome fatalities, story, etc); but everything great in MKX was made worse in MK11 (combo routes/flexibility, wakeup options, combo breaker mechanics, supers, variations, etc).

i do like MK11 a lot though. I do prefer the slower neutral-based game, and I have played it more, but it could use some more of the fun that X had, and the new mechanics could use some tweaking.

Edited by Mattatsu
1 hour ago, Mattatsu said:

One thing I’ll add is there are a multitude of different wakeup options in this game (which is honestly something I’d like then to nerf), but in the meantime, Tubb, just think of using U+3 for an invincible, grounded wakeup attack, and F+3+4 for forward wakeup rolls (real helpful to get out of a corner, but you can be grabbed out of them)

as of MK11 Ultimate, I don't know everything, but stuff is being changed on that front(wakeups)

You can see as much in the rain trailer, Delay wakeup has a unique animation again like previous nrs titles.

Edited by EvilCanadian
4 minutes ago, KingTubb said:

EC said 3 in his vid, so I trust him. But it looks like they aren't broken as fuck. There are too many times in 3S where you end up getting punished if you parry. It's wack

That exists in this game, at least in the form of how breakaways end up working. We're all scrubby enough that it may not be too maddening and at least its tied to bar but I can definitely see where working around that mechanic would get old.

34 minutes ago, Hawkingbird said:

@Mattatsu @KingTubb @GetTheTables

When are you guys free to do king of the hill? We should all play together some time.

My schedule is pretty open right now. Tuesdays are a standing engagement (give or take a lockdown in the future) but otherwise I can probably be free with enough of a heads up. Evenings are usually best.

27 minutes ago, misterBee said:

Let me in on this too!

The sign on the clubhouse door very clearly says "No Filthy Aussies".

1 minute ago, Mattatsu said:

In my post 🤣 i don’t think it is in game, tbh

smh.  I tried to find it online and everyone just says that button shortcuts exist -- nobody is actually listing them.  😤

Just now, Mattatsu said:

I’m just doing somethings for a the next few mins. @misterBeeand @HawkingbirdWill you guys be okay in a few mins or do you need more time? 

Also, ive never played KOTH so i domt know what to expect lol

Take your time.  Patch not gonna finish DLing for another 15 mins.

22 minutes ago, Mattatsu said:

I’m just doing somethings for a the next few mins. @misterBeeand @HawkingbirdWill you guys be okay in a few mins or do you need more time? 

Also, ive never played KOTH so i domt know what to expect lol

A wrench got thrown into my plans. My sister is bringing my nephew to stay over at my place and he's not a fan of gore. If a keep him busy with Youtube and Switch games I might clutch it out. 

9 minutes ago, Mattatsu said:

For what?

your fatal blow is tied to Block+flip stance. So at the very least, you need 7 buttons to do everything you need:

Front punch

front kick

back punch

back kick

block

throw

interact

stance switch. 

So I’m kinda hobbled for the moment, but I get the case on Monday. Honestly, as a total scrub and being new, it makes me sad I can’t spam super ☹️

Edited by KingTubb
4 minutes ago, KingTubb said:

You’re fatal blow is tied to Block+flip stance. So at the very least, you need 7 buttons to do everything you need:

Front punch

front kick

back punch

back kick

block

throw

interact

stance switch. 

So I’m kinda hobbled for the moment, but I get the case on Monday. Honestly, as a total scrub and being new, it makes me sad I can’t spam super ☹️

3+4 = flip stance, so 3+4+R2 = fatal blow

1+2 = amplify/interact

1+3 = throw

I never use the L1/L2 buttons during a match, but I will admit that sometimes throws dont come out when i want them to lol, but I found R1 was better as amplify as there are times you cannot use the macro

Edited by Mattatsu
18 minutes ago, KingTubb said:

Started playing tonight, this game definitely needs 8 buttons. 

this case better get here soon. I’m sorta kneecapped with 6 buttons. 

I play with 6 buttons.

This is my control scheme:

1P = 1

2P = 2

3P = throw

1K = 3

2K = 4

3K = block

Make sure you have button shortcuts on.  That means that you can perform ex with 1P+2P, and you can do super by hitting 1K + 2K + 3K.  Haven't had any issues with this setup!