Stage Select

The NRS Thread

3 minutes ago, KingTubb said:

Yeah, it just sucks because kombat league won’t let you decline a match if it’s wifi. And all the combat league matches I played were rollback teleporting all over the place 

You can opt out if the ping is over 150ms, but they definitely should expand that to allow you decline wifi no matter the ping. My worst match in MK11 was 149 ping wifi 🤣

Edited by Mattatsu
7 hours ago, Mattatsu said:

MK will be slightly worse because of its more casual following, but I’m sure a lot of games have a crazy amount of Wifi players, we just don’t know 

The game has a indicator to let you know what kind connection the player has. I always back out when I see a wifi warrior.

Edited by Hawkingbird
1 minute ago, Hawkingbird said:

The game has a indicator to let you know what kind connection the player has.

Yeah, I realize that. I meant we don’t know how many wifi players are in other games, because other games don’t let us know like MK does.

but yeah, I back out of nearly every wifi match that I can; unless the ping is really good, then may risk it. My wifi matches are usually fine if the ping is below 80

19 hours ago, KingTubb said:

Also everyone is on WiFi 

I've never been a part of a community where I have to explain to people why playing on wifi fucks up the experience for the other player if the connection is bad.

One guy on reddit was complaining that everyone told him is connection was bad and he couldn't figure out why (wifi warrior.)  Another guy was like, "Well why should I spend $10 for a cable when I can just play on wifi?" 😊🔫

On 10/23/2020 at 9:32 AM, Darc_Requiem said:

I wonder how many people watching Rambo vids will actually buy the game. That aside, have they confirmed his second fatality? I'd bet money it'll be a shot for shot take of him cutting out the villains heart in Last Blood.

Lots from what i have seen around on twitter and elsewhere. Rambo is easily the best done guest character in MK11 and has won over the guest character haters to boot.

spacer.png

I picked MK11 back up the other night, finished story mode and went through the Character tower with Shang Tsung. Hes a character whose variations seem a little more "complete" to me, at least the Warlock and Soul Eater variations, can't speak for the other one. Kano's are close-ish but it seems to me like Vegemighty should be one of his regular moves rather than only for Dirtbag. This game is legit fun.

Edited by DoctaMario

On the Rambo kombat kast yesterday, they mentioned that on the next one they're going to go over a gameplay update for MK11 Ultimate, and that it’s related to Variations. A lot of people on twitter think its likely a 4th tournament variation, but I hope it’s customs in ranked.

i could be reading too much into this, but when Stephanie was talking about how versatile Rambo is, she said something like “depending on the abilities you chose”. Custom variations have been a thing since launch in casual modes of course, but they usually seem to talk about tournament variations in these kasts, and again, i could be reading too much into this, but I feel like it’s normally more common for her to refer to the variation you pick, rather than abilities directly.

I think EC hit the nail on the head with what he said in his Rambo KC breakdown vid. A 4th tournament variation just feels like bloat to me, and it doesn't really solve the problem. Just gives you one more roll of the dice to see if you get a variation you like assuming the first 3 didn't grab ya.

Retooling the existing variations makes some sense and would at least shake some stuff up. Since this is almost certainly the last major update the game is going to get I could see them finally popping the limiters and letting people run amok with customs. Mileena KC shouldn't be too far off so we'll know more in a bit I suppose.

13 minutes ago, EvilCanadian said:

As with 99% of PC fighting games... its not the best version of the game.

Also doesn't get patches the same time as the console versions do, its not a priority for NRS.

Are they making big gameplay changes in ultimate? Someone told me they were but every time I try to look and see what they are it’s just stuff about the new characters and brutalities. 

@EvilCanadian

Edited by Vhozite
5 hours ago, Vhozite said:

Are they making big gameplay changes in ultimate? Someone told me they were but every time I try to look and see what they are it’s just stuff about the new characters and brutalities. 

@EvilCanadian

We will know the full extend this upcoming week but as it stands, on top of balance changes there is also system level/gameplay mechanic changes coming. I am honestly more excited for that than the new characters/character rebalances.

Throws getting minor changes

rework of how delay wakeup works, basically a direct buff to peoples oki/setplay because as it stands MK11 wakeup options so good sometimes the player who gets the knockdown too scared to do anything with it.

variations changing in some unspecified way, waiting for big reveal this upcoming week

& whatever else more

I really wish throws weren't so over animated and looooong.

I was playing a Kotal Kahn last night and I couldn't tell what what his command grab and what was his regular grab for the whole first game. Had to wait until he burned meter on the command grab to know for sure. 

The man mixed me up so good, that I was full bond style.

Shaken, not stirred. 

14 minutes ago, KingTubb said:

I really wish throws weren't so over animated and looooong.

This is just The NRS Way. I think I first noticed it in Injustice 1 but they've been all about the really cinematic throws. I appreciate the thought and effort but yeah it'd be nice for all of them to be half as long.

Upside is the longer animations give you more time to do stuff you wouldn't normally do in a match. Check the meter state, timer, life bars, get a drink, make dinner. Useful stuff. 😝

4 minutes ago, KingTubb said:

Rambo has a dope ass judo hip toss. If that's his normal throw, I'm gonna main day one. 

Oh, btw I'm done with RE7 so I'm ready to get whooped on again. Whenever you wanna play let me know,

Same to you @Mattatsu

Yeah Rambo looks pretty sick. EC's breakdown got me kinda hyped for him. Though I'll probably just stick with my (dirty) pair of chars.

Sounds good man. Weds work as a target day? Have stuff to do today and tomorrow and that'll give me time to fire up training time.

Playing MK11 will help keep me from firing up SF5. I keep seeing everyone get games in and its like being a recovering heroin addict and walking into a room where everyone has already shot up and is in deep. You see all the fun and kinda want to get back in but forget about all the times you had to take it up the ass just to get there.

1 minute ago, KingTubb said:

My hitbox is such a hefty boy that if I managed that, I wouldn't even be mad. I'd walk around like a Big Dick Danny for a day and a half.

So you, Frames, and I all play on a hitbox, huh? We gonna have to have a good ol fashioned tech swap meet at some point

If its anything like last election I think I might have the power. 4 years ago I walked around in a rage haze for a week. But enough about shit I can't change.

Sadly I don't have any sexy box tech (giggity). I love and respect the hell out of stick maestros (giggity) but I don't have any knack for it myself. I'm the guy that funds other people making them. Mattatsu is correct, still rockin' the modded Obsidian. It solved the main problem I had with the hitbox in that the original model is fucking hideous. The Obsidian is just a real pretty stick box (giggity) so having a hitbox top to it is *chef's kiss*.

2 minutes ago, Mattatsu said:

How is your new case and everything

Great! Super heavy (stick is probably 7-9 pounds, I reckon) and plenty of hand room. Option buttons are out of the way, so no more accidental presses, and the artwork is 👌

Overall, very happy with it. I don't remember if I posted it in the "LOOK AT MY STICK!" thread here or not. 

4 minutes ago, KingTubb said:

It's a modded obsidian, right??

That's some high quality stuff right there 

Yeah, it’s really nice. I wasn’t opposed to modding but i didn’t have any parts, and by the time i calculated buying cases and everything, plus shipping, it worked out to close to the same amount. Buying a Hitbox brand HB is probably the cheapest option, but the obsidian version has a bigger case (which is very comfortable) as well as additional features (like L3/R3 buttons, audio jack, etc). I figured if I was dropping that much anyway, I might was well throw in a bit more to make sure i had no regrets.

Edited by Mattatsu
6 minutes ago, KingTubb said:

I've made 3.5 hitboxes and I've never spent more that $200, give or take. 

Really? I could have used you a few years ago, lol. Oh well. I do love this hitbox. Easily my favourite video game controller/device I've ever used (not that I’ve used a lot of non-standard stuff, but it feels great).

Edited by Mattatsu

Yeah the hitbox money is the best I've ever spent on a game peripheral. 

Despite lots of practice on a traditional stick I for the life of me couldn't really get QCFx2 to be consistent. Hit box made that massively easier for me which was a godsend with SF5. I like it a little less with MK11 (I think this is the one game I've played in recent memory that is probably best on pad) but it still works well enough.

Plus the computer nerd in me loves the *clackity* *clackity* it makes in use. Like I'm some deadly stenographer. 

8 minutes ago, Mattatsu said:

I could have used you a few years ago, lol.

Yeah, it all comes down to bargain shopping and reusing stuff. 2 of the cases I made out of stuff laying around and one I got on sale super cheap. Arcade Shock has a universal modding kit for ~$80 when it's on sale. drop about $40 on buttons, and boom, you got a hitbox. 

But I checked and I did post the finished hitbox in the "mr wiz" thread, and I put my cat in the picture, so it's worth looking at. 

*Mr Wiz thread is the stick sharing thread, cause, you know....* 

Yeah, I love the sound of buttons clacking, and I hear you @GetTheTables, MK11 is probably best on pad, then HB, then stick.

I think MKX may have been a bit better on HB as there’s more D,B,F inputs, which were goofy as hell and had to be inputted pretty quickly and I couldn’t get too consistent with on pad, but I think MK11 only has one move with those inputs in the whole game.

Edited by Mattatsu
45 minutes ago, Mattatsu said:

I think MKX may have been a bit better on HB as there’s more D,B,F inputs, which were goofy as hell and had to be inputted pretty quickly and I couldn’t get too consistent with on pad, but I think MK11 only has one move with those inputs in the whole game.

The one thing I did discover playing Skarlet is that HB is nice for any attack you want to direct like her blood tongue. That can be a lot of D, B, F or D, B, U and it is pretty easy to clack that out.