Stage Select

The Street Fighter V Thread, vol. 2

I think if there would be 20 characters the 10 would be NEW.

if there will be 16 characters there would be 8 would be new. It would be 50% old characters and 50% new or close like 40/60 or 60/40 of the base roster.

This new lead prefer something that would be more on to their vision than continuing the saga.

13 minutes ago, Shakunetsu said:

if there will be 16 characters there would be 8 would be new. It would be 50% old characters and 50% new or close like 40/60 or 60/40 of the base roster.

This new lead prefer something that would be more on to their vision than continuing the saga.

Doubt it. Even in V, only 4 characters were brand new at launch. (FANG, Necalli, Rashid and Laura.)

We're probably looking at similar numbers here. Actually, lemme try.

Ryu, Ken, Chun, Gief.
Luke, Laura, Ed, G.
Toss up between 4 returning vets.

4 New characters.

Shill passes with 6 characters like SFV.

25 minutes ago, Shakunetsu said:

Very unlikely since they will have to create new move sets for the new chars. 

And we don't know if tjey will rework the old chars for SF6 like they did with V. 

If so, it would be too much trouble. 

If we go by their work with 4 and 5, they didnt add too many new chars with the base roster. 

Edited by Hecatom

On Japanese SF twitter, it says "制作決定" which means "we decided to enter into the production development" in English so I am not even sure it's in the middle of the development. If It means they are just beginning to develop the game with full scale, then we will wait for another two years at least.

Edited by AriesWarlock
12 minutes ago, AriesWarlock said:

On Japanese SF twitter, it says "制作決定" which means "we decided to enter into the production development" in English so I am not even sure it's in the middle of the development. If It means they are just beginning to develop the game with full scale, then we will wait for another two years at least.

Didn't SF6's development leak during the big Capcom data breach last year?

12 minutes ago, AriesWarlock said:

If It means they are just beginning to develop the game with full scale, then we will wait for another two years at least.

I would hope that this isn't the case. Announcing SF5 before game mechanics were properly finished was a huge mistake. Gameplay wise, the game they showed off in the Mike Ross vs Combofiend exhibition looked way more fun than the one we got.

So really, I have patience. I rather wait on them showing everything in the coolest possible way than redo the bad breadcrumbs trail of SF5.

Just now, Shakunetsu said:

I was thinking more about this new leads without Ono influence and preference anymore

Regardless of Ono being there or not, the way they have done the base roster wasn't about his preference, but a way to maximize productivity and minimize risks. 

Is easier, specially or an stablished franchise to have its base roster be mostly old chars and add some new faces. 

If they plan to spice up things they only need to rework the old chars in some way. 

Otherwise they will have to work on new chars, their balance on top of new mechanics. 

Is not reasonable. 

15 minutes ago, Volt said:

Come on man, 30th wasn't so bad! 🤣

It’s not, truly. I still use from time to time, but it could’ve been better and DE doesn’t strike me as a company that is dedicated to improving their products above the bare minimum.

also, I’m not super excited about this collection tbh, but I’ll pick it up on sale. I am happy they’re trying other companies though (but I hope it’s because they’re looking for a better quality product and not just going with the lowest bidder).

correction: if people here are going to pick this up at launch, I probably will as well

Edited by Mattatsu
31 minutes ago, elliephil said:

Offline 30th anniversary is SO much better than most ports of those games. Especially Alpha and 3s. Offline PC 30th 3s is something like the closest ever to arcade perfect on a port.

Has capcom fixed the lag cycle on 30th anniversary?

Because if not, i can't see how they can be the closest to arcade perfect 😕

7 minutes ago, Hecatom said:

Has capcom fixed the lag cycle on 30th anniversary?

Because if not, i can't see how they can be the closest to arcade perfect 😕

Compared to all the other ports, it's pretty close.

The other ports had issues where move properties didn't behave properly, hitboxes and hurtboxes were different, and the game speeds are faster than arcade.

3 minutes ago, elliephil said:

Compared to all the other ports, it's pretty close.

The other ports had issues where move properties didn't behave properly, hitboxes and hurtboxes were different, and the game speeds are faster than arcade.

My problem is that we can't really call it arcade perfect when it has said input lag cycle that wasn't present in the original, since imo, it is worse than having 1 more frame of input lag, since is variable and affects gameplay in a significant manner.

1 minute ago, Hecatom said:

My problem is that we can't really call it arcade perfect when it has said input lag cycle that wasn't present in the original, since imo, it is worse than having 1 more frame of input lag, since is variable and affects gameplay in a significant manner.

I said it was close to arcade perfect... not that it WAS arcade perfect. From a gameplay standpoint, it plays almost identical to arcade. Technically, it's not arcade perfect. For 3s specifically, every single port had something extra or missing that justified not using it at tournament. That's not the case for 30th.