Stage Select

The Street Fighter VI Story Thread: Shadaloo Died so Luke Could Live!

Man  I feel like we should get together a Street Fighter Lore Discord server where we can all hang out. It'd be great to be able to just casually chat with you guys and even maybe have a virtual Voice chat meet up or something. This thread has been part of my online existence for so long that I feel like that would be really cool and we might even be able to explore some cool story options there for sharing & spreading info (like coordinating SF wiki edits or something)

• 2 weeks later...

One of my main theories is that G has a combo of loyal followers and mind controlled ones. So Q was possibly rebellious, that's why he may be locked into his helmet, while G & his followers have a mask with a strap that seemingly can be easily removed.

Interesting things about the trailer:

-Ring of Galaxy Stage - look out Karin, G's got his own spacestation

-We're getting a "mystery costume"

-"The World if yours for the taking"

-All the staff appear to be well well dressed men in G's story costume mask, with a yellow armband that says staff

-There's pictures of the globe everywhere, but "G" on the throne-looking things

-Is there a significance to G's 70s look? I know the CPT costumes are usually for fun, but could this be some 70s, flower-power, cult reference?

-Stage has two gigantic statues of default costume G angled to appear to be holding up Earth

-Random astronauts floating in stage

-Probably nothing, but all of the "refueled" costumes give the characters the Capcom blue and yellow, but they all seem to have yellow eyes.

1 hour ago, ShockDingo said:

One of my main theories is that G has a combo of loyal followers and mind controlled ones.

I have the same thoughts too with the mind controlled one because of @Doctrine_Darkposted before the shaded eyes beneath the mask of the other 3d models

What i was thinking was Q was remote controlled but that might be different case now.

gnomask0wird.jpg

1 hour ago, ShockDingo said:

So Q was possibly rebellious, that's why he may be locked into his helmet, while G & his followers have a mask with a strap that seemingly can be easily removed.

interesting thoughts of being rebellious instead of being controlled. So that can also explain why it has a strap instead of something similar to others.

makes me think of Happy Few

Now we need a artwork of this one updated and change into G followers forcing others to wear a MASK

37u8aojxwsz41.png?auto=webp&s=b736c37585

So whether or not that this stage is canon, it's showing that his FooTube is definitely making bank, especially since Gill decided it was notable enough to use for his unveiling. So if he's now got fans, casual fans, hate-watchers and tons of cash, his influence is growing more and more and he has more to play with. I really hope this story thread of his continues.

9 hours ago, Hawkingbird said:

SRK officially dead now hopefully the missing guys will make the jump now. 

Thank you for reminding me to save all my older posts there elsewhere. My blog has progressed slowly as of late, but hopefully I'll be able to speed it up a bit from now on.
Too many things to do...
I don't know about the others, however. They haven't show up until now, and SRK has been silent for nearly a month by now. Call me a pessimist, but I think they'd wait SRK opens again rather than come here. IIRC Cestus has even openly said that.

Hey guys, since SRK is in limbo, does anyone have those scans of the SF3 character pages from I thiiink All About Capcom? I think Lord Vega had them? I'm working on a few videos and I'm doing a bit of a guide to some of the SF3 characters and their lore, so any of those bio pages would be appreciated!  Cheers and all the best guys! Here's to more lore!

Seems that I finally got around to creating an account here. I used to go by "TazyryLipo" on SRK but I think I needed to retire my old Internet persona. IRL work and assisting somebody with translating a thing only tangentially related to Capcom (it got referenced in Axl's new alt for the Megaman X Dive game) 

Anyways, I have found some rather interesting information about both Street fighter and alot of other Capcom stuff thanks to scouring through a couple of Japanese wikis and sites in my downtime. So stay tuned and it's great to be back. 

Edited by N-Tactix

I avoided the Story Thread for like 3 years now, but I want to throw some food for thought in here.

So while watching videos on Youtube, mainly meme videos about FGs, I got recommended a bunch of Reaction Videos to GG Instakills, mainly how the characters reacts. So I tried to check if there is something like this for SF and I quickly realized that literally every person reacts to every move the same.

Which I find very strange.

Let me give you an example here:

Spoiler

As you can see here all characters have at least 3 reactions to one and the same move. The very interesting part here, is Slayer.

Slayer during all Instakills, including Dizzy nuking a small country in hers, is cool, relaxed and usually doesn't give a shit.
But during the Heavenly Potbuster, he actually panics, this comes from part of his background story and Pots as well.

Slayer has/had a Rival called Gabriel, who would become eventually Potemkins Teacher and Boss, Pot basically has learned everything he does from Gabriel. Gabriel is also one of the very few people who ever managed it to beat Slayer in a Duel. Now the reason why Slayer actually panics during the Heavenly Potbuster, is because he recognizes the Move as one of Gabriels Moves, more specificly the Move he was beaten with in the past.

This is a really neat and needles detail, but it is there none the less and 99% of all player will never notice this.

Now my question is, why does no one in SF has something like this?

One good example could be Akuma and his Raging Demon, the "super dangerous Killer Move that Kills you!", I do not think that Characters like Bison, Gen or Gouken should react to it like everyone else.

Bison should literally taunt Akuma for using this "party trick" again.

I mean just having a unique Voiceline would be nice instead of just "insert screaming", worse is in SFIV they just put the K.O scream in there.

Character who are related to each other having unique lines during stuff like this is a nice detail. Like have Cody react different to Poisons Super, than everyone else.

Or give Ryu and Ken their god damn Fistbump back.

Just some food for thought.

Also I wrote in like December a rewrite for SFs Story, it's just a short Version and I was debating to make a full and flashed out version. But eh.

And with that I disappear from this Thread for the next 3 years.... or forever, probably forever.

@Mr.Cipherthe closest thing that comes to mind is how the shotos+Cyclops are forced to use Shinkuu Hadouken/Mega Optic-Blast when they do a Variation Combo using any of those two in XMvSF and MvSF.

Would be great to have special intros back in a bigger capacity, they were one of the best parts of the CvS series. We already have character specific quotes as a standard now, so maybe even specific victory animations like in Darkstalkers 3/Sentinel vs a mutant on X-Men:COTA could be next up. 

Edited by N-Tactix
On 3/1/2021 at 7:40 AM, Darc_Requiem said:

Then they don't know this board very well. We reached out to all of them in the past for a reason. It was because we wanted as @DarthEnderXwould say "everybody here." I miss that dudes sprite posts of like every SF character in existence.

And now I'm here because I think SRK died!

On 3/18/2021 at 10:25 PM, Hawkingbird said:

SRK officially dead now hopefully the missing guys will make the jump now. 

I did!

Edited by DarthEnderX
On 3/23/2021 at 12:11 PM, N-Tactix said:

As promised, let's start off with Red Earth:

Reveal hidden contents

hq720.jpg?sqp=-oaymwEhCK4FEIIDSFryq4qpAx

EC47HWZVUAAawSk.jpg

Welcome back to the forums dude, this was some seriously nice info! The alpha 3 stuff in particular was interesting to me, as a kid, I always was confused and frustrated with Charlie's fate and then Alpha 3 has him actually win...until Guile's ending kills him again hah. I never recovered and SF5 only made things worse for me.

On 3/27/2021 at 12:38 PM, Mr.Cipher said:

As you can see here all characters have at least 3 reactions to one and the same move. The very interesting part here, is Slayer.

This was a good post dude, I admit I haven't given this as much thought, but dang, yeah, I'd love some individual reactions, good idea! It would really add more personality to the characters and reflect their varying connections to the other parts of the cast!

I'm slowpoke mode here, but I'm digging Necrodrop 2, liking the extra effort they put into the story for this one. On Twitter I heard some mention about Q masks being hidden in this, so I gotta see if that's true.

It's on now, they started off with Oro (wondering if Rose is gonna be ready to drop then), one of his alts is a Hawaiian shirt and shorts lol.

edit:

Rose has her fancy dress alt and will be released on April 19th

Vega gets his trench coat alt, Juri gets a naughty Nurse Alt, and Seth gets the vest and fancy clothes alt from the SF4 cutscenes

They showed some of Akira in action and ended with a shot of her summoning Daigo.

Edited by ShockDingo
5 minutes ago, BornWinner said:

From the little we’ve been shown, it sounds like Daigo is voiced by Akio Ōtsuka. The same person who voiced him in Project Justice 21 years ago.

Admittedly not too impressive since he also voiced Seth in SF4 and this game but I thought it was neat. 

Damn that's crazy and cool. It reminds me, to a lesser degree, of King. She's been voiced by the same voice actress since the 90s. 

7 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Damn that's crazy and cool. It reminds me, to a lesser degree, of King. She's been voiced by the same voice actress since the 90s. 

Rolento/Eagle/Vulcano Rosso's actor has been at it since the 90's. He also voiced Colonel from Megaman X too which considering how Rolento is just an older, more morally ambiguous/not as honorable version of Colonel, eerily makes alot of sense on top of being stylish like the other two. Both he and Ryotaro Okiyaru (X series Zero's VA) have both voiced Protoman and Jin Saotome at some point. This gets stranger because Iris' new actress voices Karin too and they're complete opposites. 

I can't think if there's any other SF actor/actress who's consistently kept their role. 

Edited by N-Tactix
On 3/27/2021 at 11:17 PM, N-Tactix said:

So are we just missing Cestus, Dracu and the other heavy hitters from SRK? 

I'm here. I lurk around but keep myself up-to-date with FG news from here, but the forum works like ass on my phone and there's nothing to really talk about. Dan wasn't a story centered character. Looking forward to Rose, tho. 

I started editing sprites and completing my Street Fighter TV Show adaptation project, but I deleted the files. In the meantime, I reworked some stuff I used to do, but I need a lot of time to get to where I was before losing it all. 

I'm not very good at sprite-work, don't get to excited, I just do them for myself. For example, here's some very basic Fighting Layer sprites I did. 

spacer.png

I started doing them cause I was working on my version of Street Fighter Tag-Teams and KoF styled Threemen Teams and eventually started enjoying doing it. 

If you wanna check those teams out, I'd love to share, but the pic is big and some teams might need elaborating lol.

Anyway, I'm here, hopefully Cestus also comes here, he's the only heavy hitter missing.