Stage Select

Video Game Discussion Thread vol. 2

You ever play a co-op game and wonder how could you have possibly lost?

Common Sense Monkey GIF by Travis

Splatoon 3's replay mode is great because it lays bare the stupidity of your teammates.

Real talk, some of these matches paired me up with three Patrick Stars. I got dumb MFs trying to take out the other team with long range weapons UP CLOSE. The whole dang point of a long range weapon is the advantage it has over mid and short range weapons. So why the EFF  would you give the other team free freaking eats by trying to splat them up close, when they have superior movement on you?  Then, you got the scrubs that ain't even using their sub weapons! The one time one of my teammates tries their sub weapon in the first game, they are staring at the floor, a fact the enemy roller is super quick to capitalize on.

And then you got peeps spamming "This way!" and every time I look up, there are weapons with X's over them. Why would I want to follow you and go "This way!" when you KEEP. GETTING. KILLED?!!

spongebob squarepants coffin GIF

Nah, man.

12 hours ago, CESTUS III said:

That's pretty nice start 👍

Yeah, I'll probably see what I can do about the stockings when I get home, there are options but I haven't looked into it at all. I just wanted to see if I can get a close enough base as a starting point. I think the base is good enough to make any extra effort worth it. I'm not satisfied with any of the jacket/hoodie options though. I REALLY REALLY miss the stickers from Soul Calibur. It made it easy for me to fake stuff.

4 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Yeah, I'll probably see what I can do about the stockings when I get home, there are options but I haven't looked into it at all. I just wanted to see if I can get a close enough base as a starting point. I think the base is good enough to make any extra effort worth it. I'm not satisfied with any of the jacket/hoodie options though. I REALLY REALLY miss the stickers from Soul Calibur. It made it easy for me to fake stuff.

Yeah, to simulate one extra clothes layer with sticker only option they give you is to give alternative color to the body(example blue) as if is a colored suit and then use the  full face paint with a natural skin color 

Used it a lot,  but is'nt a perfect system either... first problem face paint cover eyebrows, secondary it erase the natural skin texture replacing it with a flat color... you can trick it into look natural with make up and playing with numbers of shine, transparence etc

Edited by CESTUS III
2 hours ago, BornWinner said:

Behold, my magnum opus!

IMG_2421.jpg?ex=6567bbdc&is=655546dc&hm=

This took an hour of my life.

Kazuya is probably gonna be going more nuts than he already is come Tekken 10 when more of his step brothers and sisters start coming out of the woodwork.  "I JUST FUCKING KILLED THIS OLD MAN AND I CAN FUCKING HEAR HIM LAUGHING IN HIS GRAVE RIGHT NOW!!!"

Edited by Sonichuman
1 hour ago, Sonichuman said:

Kazuya is probably gonna be going more nuts than he already is come Tekken 10 when more of his step brothers and sisters start coming out of the woodwork.  "I JUST FUCKING KILLED THIS OLD MAN AND I CAN FUCKING HEAR HIM LAUHGING IN HIS GRAVE RIGHT NOW!!!"

I mean his silhouette is in Reina's Rage Art. It's over Kazuya. You'll never escape Heihachi. Your pops was firing off his cannon more than Nick.

Edit:

Clerk: "Mishima-san, sorry to dirturb you."

Kazuya: "What is it? Can you see I'm enjoying some wine. Celebrating being rid of the old man."

Clerk: "About that..."

Kazuya: "Oh come on! He's dead. I made sure this time."

Clerk: "Yes but we did a "23 and Me" test. We got over two dozen hits....."

Kazuya: 🤬

@CESTUS IIITapping out.

Spoiler

xJ6rSEe.jpg

OQm8NlG.jpg

qQZabX6.jpg

8VoYLWL.jpg

Edited by Darc_Requiem

Edit:

Small thread about Playstation Portal

Sounds of things that the connection is YMMV and regardless there's likely going to be some input lag potentially.

I just want to say that I'm loving the fact that we're finally at a period where more people who play or have played games are in the driving seat of some of our media now.  It took us awhile to get to this point but clearly things aren't going to stop at this point and we'll continue to get better adaptation and more people taking influences from this medium and applying it to others.  Fucking love it. 

Edited by Sonichuman
4 hours ago, MillionX said:

ign has a review of it posted...

I got it on Steam Deck now; it doesn't show up as "verified" but it works just fine from what I've seen and played so far.  

The first boss is definitely no slouch; it took quite a few tries before I killed him with no health remaining.

I'm loving Last Faith so far. Is really is a killer blend of Castlevania and Bloodborne, but has its own vibe too. It's a shame Konami couldnt be assed to make something like this.

4 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Kazuya: 🤬

@CESTUS IIITapping out.

Hide contents

xJ6rSEe.jpg

OQm8NlG.jpg

qQZabX6.jpg

8VoYLWL.jpg

Yea, i think you picked a very very rough customer with Reina, lot of stuff goes beyond what we could do with SF6 editor, specially if we count all current limitations (even if can't think any locked WTM item that would help us much either)

But you got me intrigued, if you want after work i give it a try, will not find any 1:1 magic trick but maybe going through lot of reinterpretation i would end up with a different perspective 👍

8 hours ago, CESTUS III said:

Yea, i think you picked a very very rough customer with Reina, lot of stuff goes beyond what we could do with SF6 editor, specially if we count all current limitations (even if can't think any locked WTM item that would help us much either)

But you got me intrigued, if you want after work i give it a try, will not find any 1:1 magic trick but maybe going through lot of reinterpretation i would end up with a different perspective 👍

You are a wizard man. If you can't do it, no one can. I'm curious as to what you can come up with. I mean there are options that would work.....if you had free reign on color choices. 

It's always nice to go back into the world of Diablo for that extreme power fantasy of playing absurdly OP characters... I was playing D3 recently on lunchbreaks at work, seeing the crazy damage numbers again... I have a necromancer hitting monsters for 100+ trillion damage (with a defense stat that gets as high as 680-something mil)....it's so delicious.

I'd love to see the look of disappointment on the face of all those ignorant gamers that bought a PS Portal...when they realize it's not *really* a fully portable thing (aka pointless trash.  Any price more than 1 penny is too much for such nonsense.)  

The Starbites: Taste of Desert launches in 2024 for PS5, Xbox Series, and PC

Turn-based JRPG from Korean studio IKINAGAMES.

Here is an overview of the game, via its Steam page:

About

The story of a girl’s growth and adventure on the vast desert planet “Bitter.”

Bitter is a planet that has become a desert due to the influence of space war.

The fate of a girl who was making a living in search of parts or treasures that fell in the desert due to the traces of war begins to change completely due to the “Oracle.”

AI becoming aggressive, abnormalities all over the planet… Explore Bitter’s hidden secrets and build relationships with various characters to learn new information.

The Starbites: Taste of Desert collects materials from the field and strengthens Mecca. It is a story-type RPG that grows with the friends you meet on your adventure.

Key Features

• Delight City, Where People of Their Own Circumstances Live on the Planet Bitter
    • Delight City, which is in the form of a tower, is a pleasant and free city. Although little by little it’s submerged in the sand. People who gather in the city trade their own materials and information to live from day to day.
    • The city has a “hidden area” that no one has ever found. Discover a variety of NPCs and special objects to get clues, and proceed with the story to unlock a new floor.
  • Adventure by Exploring Desert Planets and Discovering New Areas
    • In each chapter, there is a scary boss and a stronger new ally awaiting you. What kind of world do they know? Meet your allies, build strong relationships, and listen to their stories.
    • Go on an adventure with your mecha, a reliable partner who will protect you in the desolate desert! The world made of sand is wide, and the secrets hidden within it are even bigger.
  • Strengthen Your Mecha’s Core with Materials from Your Adventure
    • You can win rewards by knocking down enemies in battle, or you can strengthen your mecha by collecting materials while walking around the field. Transform your mecha into your own style and enjoy the game!
    • Freely strengthen your mecha based on tricky enemies and terrain.
  • Turn-Based Battles Where You Control the Camera
    • Enjoy thrilling battles by organizing a party with allies and a unique mecha!
    • There is a “synergy” that applies depending on your party members. Feel the charm of changing the flow of the battlefield by organizing parties according to the situation. Destroy your enemy’s strategy by forming various combinations and solving battles to your advantage!

On 11/16/2023 at 3:00 PM, Darc_Requiem said:

You are a wizard man. If you can't do it, no one can. I'm curious as to what you can come up with. I mean there are options that would work.....if you had free reign on color choices. 

That's what i got as end up result

(click for full size)

reina1.jpg

reina2.jpg

But did lot of reinterpretation, if we want stick closer to original source probably this

Screenshot-2023-11-17-183050.png

would have been more 1:1

Really wish we got at least a 4th item, or at least that gloves would be counted as normal clothes, keeping the 3 slots free

@CESTUS IIIThat's the hoodie I originally used. Then I went to change the color and well 😑I mean if you could just make it purple and black 😒I agree with the hair style you choose. The one I went with in my final one is technically closer to her actual style but in practice the hair style you have just looks better. Her hair stops at her ears and I was trying to replicate that to middling success. Your face game is as incredible as ever. I couldn't get her face to right to save the life of me. I actually spent more time on it than anyone else. Face shape, eye brows, eye shape/size/position, and lip shape/size/position. I appreciate how much you can tweak eye sizes and shapes though. Wish they gave you that sort of latitude on every creation option.

Side note: Which stocking option did you go with? I thought I had all the options but I don't recall having that style with a black shear color. I was half tempted to try my hand at an SC6 version.

Edited by Darc_Requiem
3 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Side note: Which stocking option did you go with? I thought I had all the options but I don't recall having that style with a black shear color.

Don't remember the name and would be italian version one anyway 😅

I think you can check here

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1LQ6AAxfFMV7F6xboVTKT52DxG-SK8AaJ6qS0z4qWRWs/edit#gid=608222187

guess may be #56 in accessories page

GTA 6 publisher thinks gamers should pay more for longer games

https://www.dexerto.com/gaming/gta-6-publisher-thinks-gamers-should-pay-more-for-longer-games-2384205/

Take-Two Interactive CEO Strauss Zelnick has stated that he believes video games should be priced differently depending on the “expected entertainment usage”, AKA the length of time it takes for players to complete them.

When it comes to video games, the length of an experience can vary anywhere between 10 hours of content to a few hundred. Open-world games such as Baldur’s Gate 3 offer up hours upon hours of replayability while other more streamlined experiences opt for a concise approach instead.

As a result, the topic of games being sold at full price despite these variations in length has been a hot topic of conversation in recent years throughout the industry.

Chiming in, Take-Two Interactive CEO, Strauss Zelnick, has added his thoughts to the mix, arguing that games should be priced on a per-hour basis.

During the earnings call for Take-Two Interactive’s Q2 2024 period, Zelnick explained why be believes video games should be priced in relation to how much time gamers will need to dedicate to them.

“In terms of pricing for any entertainment property, basically the algorithm is the value of the expected entertainment usage, which is to say that the per-hour value times the number of expected hours plus the terminal value that’s perceived by the customer in ownership if the title is actually owned, not, say, rented or subscribed to.

“And you’ll see that that bears out in every kind of entertainment vehicle. By that standard, our frontline prices are still very, very low because we offer many hours of engagement.”

The CEO then added, “That doesn’t necessarily mean that the industry has pricing power or wants to have pricing power. However, there is a great deal of value offered.”

While a formula such as the one Zelnick is proposing does not exist at this current time, there is no telling if games will be priced in relation to their usage in the future. Certain MMOs already fall somewhat in line with their premium subscription models, but this approach hasn’t been adopted by more standard multiplayer offerings just yet.

This could perhaps mean that when GTA 6 eventually hits story shelves, we’ll see it arrive with a high price tag given how ambitious the experience is expected to be.