Stage Select

The SF6 Thread: Guest Characters? In MY Street Fighter?

38 minutes ago, JustBooming said:

That's a shitter, where did you order from? I've ordered from GreenManGaming a good handful of times, and they always came through in plenty of time (though sometimes after preloads started) so I wouldn't get too worried yet. Good luck!

I'm not worried. I got mine on GreenManGaming and I've never had an issue with them. Usually only check for the key the day of release but SF6 has me checking on the daily 🤣

42 minutes ago, Sonero said:

Is that accurate? Because that comes from the account that always makes jokes about things.

Edit: found another account saying this. Yeah it sucks.

https://twitter.com/denuvoscum/status/1663583870615273479?s=46&t=DsbASjNidMiUKBQHEVgN7Q

Edited by BornWinner
5 minutes ago, BornWinner said:

Is that accurate? Because that comes from the account that always makes jokes about things.

It is, aye. I'm not an anti-Denuvo crusader, and have never had issues with it - but adding/announcing it so close to the game's release could be seen as shitty move for those who take issue with it

Edited by JustBooming
2 hours ago, TWINBLADES said:

God I wanna play Lily so bad. I just wanna get a feel for her range. 

Dude I feel this way about Marisa and Manon but really it’s the whole game I feel like a crack fiend waiting for my dealer. 

Im off Friday only working 3 days this week but it the days are DRAGGING. I purposely don’t have anything going on rn I wanted my schedule clear but now I’m bored as hell 😂

3 minutes ago, JustBooming said:

It is, aye. I'm not an anti-Denuvo crusader, and have never had issues with it - but adding/announcing it so close to the game's release date is a shitty move.

For my desktop the performance hit can be absorbed when your system is on the lower end of the performance spectrum stuff like Denuvo can be a serious issue. There has been game after game that gets noticeable performance bump after Denuvo is removed. Denuvo just punishes the paying customers. Pirates crack that shit in no time.

2 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

For my desktop the performance hit can be absorbed when your system is on the lower end of the performance spectrum stuff like Denuvo can be a serious issue. There has been game after game that gets noticeable performance bump after Denuvo is removed. Denuvo just punishes the paying customers. Pirates crack that shit in no time.

I had a theory that the "System Checker" was possibly a way to somehow see who loaded the cracked Beta. The Cynic in me thought...this is a good way of getting files into a PC. 

I have nothing to base it on other than the weird timing, the size of the file and my little Scottish Guy saying, what this all about....?! 

Edited by Totalsagat
spelling
58 minutes ago, CESTUS III said:

Bit bizzarre we still did'nt seen any alt color beyond 1P/2P (and preorder ones)

I saw a quote from a review saying the game will have something similar to a battle pass with a free and premium tier. And some cosmetics and other things will buy unlocked that way. Could be the reason

7 minutes ago, Illwill88 said:

I saw a quote from a review saying the game will have something similar to a battle pass with a free and premium tier. And some cosmetics and other things will buy unlocked that way. Could be the reason

For sure there will be "premium" colors with the pre-order (i have the most completed version preordered), the colors #10

Street Fighter 6 Pre-Order Bonus Content Revealed

What i'm saying is i see nowhere anybdy using colors from #3 to #9

Wich is strange considering we are seeing bunch of review/leaks running though modes, example Arcade or WT

Would have said 3-10, but bonus/paywall being already #10 (in SFV was from #11) seems in SF6 we got robbed of a free color lmao

Unless now they count default as #0

https://game.capcom.com/cfn/sfv/character/ryu/costume?lang=en

An alternative is #10 is not exclusive/paywall, but they save you from loooooooong grinding to unlock it

14 hours ago, elliephil said:

I ran the benchmark and it gave me a 93/100 and ran fighting ground at an average of 55 fps. I'm just gonna play on Xbox for now. Glad they committed to crossplay!

What are your specs again, I could have sworn they are were better than my laptops. You probably need to turn a down a few settings. The auto detection of games doesn't always give you the proper settings.

Ngl kinda scummy of Capcom to hide the presence of a battle pass in SF6 until after reviews and of course they had to put denuvo in even though it gets patched out a year or two later anyway while fucking over legitimate customers and pirates just crack that shit open in a matter of months 

2 minutes ago, -PVL93- said:

Ngl kinda scummy of Capcom to hide the presence of a battle pass in SF6 until after reviews

It's a given that we were getting a battle pass. I'm not sure I follow here, but Capcom's business practices in SF5 were measured, fair, and non-predatory. I don't see a reason why anything would change now.

2 minutes ago, -PVL93- said:

Better pray this doesn't age like milk and people will have to grind monthly passes or pay up 10-15$ to keep up with stage and costume releases 

Why would you need to keep up with anything? If all DLC are purely cosmetic or tied to the optional World Tour mode then you have a choice. I don't see the logic of giving away things especially with how robust the base package is.

Edited by Daemos
15 minutes ago, -PVL93- said:

Ngl kinda scummy of Capcom to hide the presence of a battle pass in SF6 until after reviews and of course they had to put denuvo in even though it gets patched out a year or two later anyway while fucking over legitimate customers and pirates just crack that shit open in a matter of months 

Not sure how was hidden

There was 3 options for Pre-order, 2 of wich mention a year 1 pass

All Street Fighter 6 Editions explained: Deluxe, Ultimate, pre-order  bonuses, and more

23 minutes ago, Daemos said:

Nah I’m not a capslut this game… Not yet. Big Daddy needs to come home first otherwise I am keeping my purchases to the bare minimum this year.

Yeah I was thinking last night even if you replace Sagat with FANG none of the 4 kings are here. Bison aside I wonder what those characters are up to. 

Vega is my boy but if he’s anything like he was in SFV I’d rather he just not be in the game tbh. Nash’s chances of making it in are basically 0% lol. 

I doubt the battle pass is limited to the one-and-done game mode when the concurrent playerbase is what keeps games alive, and therefore the Battle Hub and online play.

Really not fond of only hearing about this stuff now. Battle Passes are just the worst kind of FOMO garbage you could imagine having in a game and I strongly dislike Capcom including something like that in SF. I will hold final judgment until I see its contents but as a principle it's a bit shit and seeing how it's only being mentioned now shows that Capcom is aware of that as well.

1 hour ago, -PVL93- said:

The battle pass is monthly. This "ultimate" pass grants you the paid track for just one month 

Also ffs dude, do you just go out of your way to insert the biggest possible images into comments that break page layout? 

Lol i see it normal with no problems, even squeezed on the sides to fit the page 😐

23 minutes ago, delete_me said:

I doubt the battle pass is limited to the one-and-done game mode when the concurrent playerbase is what keeps games alive, and therefore the Battle Hub and online play.

Really not fond of only hearing about this stuff now. Battle Passes are just the worst kind of FOMO garbage you could imagine having in a game and I strongly dislike Capcom including something like that in SF. I will hold final judgment until I see its contents but as a principle it's a bit shit and seeing how it's only being mentioned now shows that Capcom is aware of that as well.

Eh whatever

They did shit move indeed if this pass is an additional one compared to preorder one

But is Street Fighter

Here-take-my-money GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

1 hour ago, EvilCanadian said:

they literally are not in the game until the day 1 patch

I was told that various colours and all that will retroactively unlock (I have no idea what the unlock requirements are) when the patch happens.

Cool, thanks for the clarification, i thought there was nomething like that going on lol 👍

28 minutes ago, delete_me said:

Battle Passes are just the worst kind of FOMO garbage you could imagine having in a game and I strongly dislike Capcom including something like that in SF

My shilling aside, I agree this Battle Pass shit is whack…especially in a paid game. 

That said, FOMO is one of those things that falls under self-control as a consumer. The reality is that companies (including Capcom) put shit like this in their games because gamers eat it tf up. Nobody needs all these weird cosmetics yet here we are.

Edit: The only thing that matters is if ppl buy your product or not. Mfs keep spending money on battle passes it’ll only get worse.

Edited by Vhozite
27 minutes ago, CESTUS III said:

Lol i see it normal with no problems, even squeezed on the sides to fit the page 😐

Well mine is also bugging out because the pictures are stretching the page. Would be kind if you could please hide the photos at the very least, like we've asked before.