Stage Select

The SF6 Thread: Akuma Incoming!

Finally got around to playing the AKI update since I've been off the game for a while now. I decided to play her trials, tutorial and arcade mode. She's fantastic. She's also really fucking hard to use. Everything about her is built on being able to either precog your game plan or be constantly in a position where you can capitalize off of the most situational stray hit. I was worried that her combo trials would filter me but after an hour split between 2 days I got em. I'm gonna go full in and drop Lily for her. She's gonna help me expand my understanding of SF6 and fighting games in general. I've never played a character in any fighting game that demands this much from me. I don't care if she sucks. Her routes are fun and her skill ceiling seems limitless. Gonna take her into rank later this week and start all the way from the bottom. Lily will be my side unga character when I wanna be a retard but AKI is gonna be the main from here on out. Maybe for the entirety of the game baring Kolin doesn't come back (please god please).

8 minutes ago, TWINBLADES said:

Finally got around to playing the AKI update since I've been off the game for a while now. I decided to play her trials, tutorial and arcade mode. She's fantastic. She's also really fucking hard to use. Everything about her is built on being able to either precog your game plan or be constantly in a position where you can capitalize off of the most situational stray hit. I was worried that her combo trials would filter me but after an hour split between 2 days I got em. I'm gonna go full in and drop Lily for her. She's gonna help me expand my understanding of SF6 and fighting games in general. I've never played a character in any fighting game that demands this much from me. I don't care if she sucks. Her routes are fun and her skill ceiling seems limitless. Gonna take her into rank later this week and start all the way from the bottom. Lily will be my side unga character when I wanna be a retard but AKI is gonna be the main from here on out. Maybe for the entirety of the game baring Kolin doesn't come back (please god please).

TLDR;

Twinblades: "I can fix her guys!" 😉

Edited by Darc_Requiem
2 hours ago, TWINBLADES said:

Sorry Nemo but this was the confirmation I needed that Aki is bottom tier. 

Glad to see I’m not the only one with reversal trouble it tilts there fuck out of me when that happens. Plus I play blanka so it’s not like ex vertical ball is a hard input .

I haven’t been playing the game at all really but decided to get drunk and play some casual matches. Run into a master ranked Ken I barely win but scrape by with a win almost every time. I get a friend request and he ask if we can play in a custom room..sure.  

I know he’s low key salty and like a pansy i try the nice guy route and tell him I’m just a drunk guy trying to shake off the rust then the cockiness starts “yeah I can tell lol you’re not reacting to anything just being random”  I  3-0 him and start talking shit and the excuses start rolling in😂. I could have played him more but he was being a condescending bitch after every match.  “You’re only winning off throw damage, Ken is negative on almost everything, you’re playing blanka wrong etc etc”

i know I suck but the amount of delusional people who think they’re gods is kind of funny. 

Edited by Illwill88
1 hour ago, Illwill88 said:

Glad to see I’m not the only one with reversal trouble it tilts there fuck out of me when that happens. Plus I play blanka so it’s not like ex vertical ball is a hard input .

I haven’t been playing the game at all really but decided to get drunk and play some casual matches. Run into a master ranked Ken I barely win but scrape by with a win almost every time. I get a friend request and he ask if we can play in a custom room..sure.  

I know he’s low key salty and like a pansy i try the nice guy route and tell him I’m just a drunk guy trying to shake off the rust then the cockiness starts “yeah I can tell lol you’re not reacting to anything just being random”  I  3-0 him and start talking shit and the excuses start rolling in😂. I could have played him more but he was being a condescending bitch after every match.  “You’re only winning off throw damage, Ken is negative on almost everything, you’re playing blanka wrong etc etc”

i know I suck but the amount of delusional people who think they’re gods is kind of funny. 

Imagine a Ken player taking the 'my-character-is-low-tier' route. Was it LTG you were playing?

5 hours ago, Volta said:

Imagine a Ken player taking the 'my-character-is-low-tier' route. Was it LTG you were playing?

I couldn’t believe it when he started going that route I tried explaining why he was wrong,  he replied “the only thing Ken has is throw loops and if he lost it he’d be bottom 5”.  I considered sharing it all the scrub quotes but said fuck it.

At that point I knew he just didn’t know what he was talking about and didn’t wanna waste my time talking to a brick wall. spacer.png

Edited by Illwill88

Speaking of the reversal timing, I played this Juri tonight that would do a meaty fireball on wakeup against me and proceed to attack me as well, and literally every time I tried to do an invincible wakeup against it the fireball stuffed me.

I dunno if my timing was totally off or wtf was up with it.  I tried my usuall "watch my character" thing and still it never worked.  This was like 5-6 times in a set.  I literally didn't even care about winning and just wanted to see if I could fucking reversal this and focused and nope I never could.  So I dunno wtf is up with the timing or what.

I did notice in general tonight I was dropping mad shit though.  I don't know if it was just a super off night for me or there was some network shit going on on SF6.  But like shit I always hit I was missing.  Basic shit like lp into sobat.

7 hours ago, Illwill88 said:

Random as fuck if you are, but are you the same lilwill that we used to run Halo 2 from the IGN forums back in the day?

10 hours ago, Sonero said:

People really out there complaining that the first version of SF6 isn't as good as the last version of SF5.

Is this actually a take ppl have? Release SF6 has its issues but it’s 1000% better than every version of 5 idk how this is even debatable tbh.

2 hours ago, Vhozite said:

Is this actually a take ppl have? Release SF6 has its issues but it’s 1000% better than every version of 5 idk how this is even debatable tbh.

If they're talking about SF5 being better than 6 is now, then this is exactly the issue they are having.

Honestly SF6 honestly has one problem mechanic. The big issue with the game is drive rush. What these guys don't understand is the issue of changing it isn't that combos fall apart, its that frame data may possibly have to be reworked since you wouldn't be able to get plus frames as often.

It may be that you make drive rush cancels cost 4 instead of 3 (which would also play a hand in lowering damage a bit in the game), then move neutral drive rush to 2 (and this might honestly be the better one because of the way gaining drive rush works). You might end up making parry way stronger if you nerf drive rush too. It'd be interesting to see.

Need to find a good Jamie guide and hop back on SF6 semi-consistently. Playing it as a wild 90s capcom game, its might be arguably better than a lot of older games on the first version.

1 hour ago, Sonero said:

Honestly SF5 honestly has one problem mechanic

Yeah and it ruins 5 way more than anything bad affects 6. I HATE drive rush for a multitude of reasons but at least there is some opportunity cost for using using. VT is free super installs as a reward for dying. That entire foundation is poison. 

Say you want about 6 but none of the ideas presented are as bad as VT. All that 6 needs is number tweaks and it’s fine.

SF6 is a house that needs a few windows fixed and maybe a new roof. SFV is a house built on a Florida sink hole with with termites eating the structure and mold on the walls, but it has nice bedrooms.

Edited by Vhozite
6 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

I need to stop building/upgrading PCs and playing RPGs to play more SF6. I've barely touched the game lately. I've been on a real technology kick as of late. If anyone is building a PC. The Fractal Meshify 2 is an AWESOME case.

I’m jealous I’m wanting to build a pc or even buy one, also thinking of getting a mini pc to plug into the main tv in my house to play old fighting games on fightcade.

1 hour ago, Illwill88 said:

I’m jealous I’m wanting to build a pc or even buy one, also thinking of getting a mini pc to plug into the main tv in my house to play old fighting games on fightcade.

I'm sure you can pull it off man. The biggest impediment I had was having big hands. That's why I'm such a fan of the Fractal Meshify 2. I've always had to assemble as much as I could before mounting the motherboard in the case. Once I mount the motherboard plugging the cables into the motherboards was always a pain in the ass. The way you can easily remove the sides in top of the case gives you a lot of space to do what you need to do. Something as simple as changing a cooler would require me to either unmount the motherboard. Otherwise I'd spend a crazy amount of time  hooking up the cooler's fan cable to the motherboard. And that was before I had surgery on my left hand and wrist. Which makes things more difficult becuase I'm left handed. I've always been ambidextrous but fine motor control has always been something I do way better with my left. Writing right handed takes me longer and legibility has more variance because of this. :tldr:

57 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Something as simple as changing a cooler would require me to either unmount the motherboard.

I'm another big-handed bastard. I once bled on a motherboard trying to attach a heatsink. The pressure I had to  use to get the clips on was immense, and caught my thumb on a jumper pin. I was genuinely frightened I would snap it with the force I had to use. Not built a PC in well over a decade, now

2 hours ago, Illwill88 said:

I've put an oldish laptop behind the TV for dicking about with older SF games and stuff. Small hidden USB hub by the sofa for controllers, mouse, keyboard, soundcard etc., and installed a SSD to give it a bit more speed. I'm a clumsy cack-handed bastard, so the route of least resistance is always appealing to me

2 hours ago, Vhozite said:

I wanted to build a PC until I looked at GPU prices. Gaming is all well and good but I’m just not spending that kinda money on the hobby rn. My laptop can run what it can run I got SF, COD, and plenty of old titles I can play.

GPU prices have really gone down. You could build an entry level gaming PC for around $800-900 right now. Depends on what you are looking for.

9 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

GPU prices have really gone down. You could build an entry level gaming PC for around $800-900 right now. Depends on what you are looking for.

Have they? It’s been a while since I checked. 

Either way I think I’ll be ok for a while. I have the money if I REALLY want it but I’m trying to get into the mindset of being happy with what I have. I can run probably 80% of games fine, and 95% of the ones I want to play so it’s really not necessary.