Stage Select

The SF6 Thread: Akuma Incoming!

1 hour ago, Darc_Requiem said:

SFV already has rollback. We need GOOD roll back.

I always defended SFV's netcode because it wasn't nearly as bad as people made it out to be.  In Master rank in SF6, roughly 30% of my matches are wifi users, which to me at that rank-  is crazy high.  Like, how many of these peeps were blaming the netcode in SFV when it was probably just their connection.  

32 minutes ago, HeavensCloud said:

I always defended SFV's netcode because it wasn't nearly as bad as people made it out to be.  In Master rank in SF6, roughly 30% of my matches are wifi users, which to me at that rank-  is crazy high.  Like, how many of these peeps were blaming the netcode in SFV when it was probably just their connection.  

I didn't have massive issues with SFV's netcode. Mostly my issue was consistency. Like I went from being able to play @Mattatsufine to not being able to play him. Which made zero sense.  Hell earlier on in SFV, I was able to play @TWINBLADESwho is pretty far from me, I'm in South Carolina. The last few seasons....not so much.

Edited by Darc_Requiem
On 12/5/2023 at 1:44 PM, TWINBLADES said:

Jesus if the Elphelt leaks are real I might actually install Strive just to play the bitch. I finally got to Diamond with AKI and I feel like I know less than when I started sometimes. She's so hard to play consistently. With Lily I could just boot up rank and dick around. But with AKI I gotta grind combos to to get my fingers to be ready to DR extenions after everything. Legit making my bones hurty 😞

Because everyone has played against AKI like a million times but have only played against Lily 1 or 2 times.

4 hours ago, purbeast said:

You could play with Lily and rank up by dicking around because no one knows the matchup cause no one ever plays her.

AKI on the other hand, like every other fight is against her, so people know the matchup better.

Lily isn't hard to figure out and I still run into more Lily's in Plat/Diamond than AKI. And no one used AKI in gold or below. It's not that people know the AKI MU. My fraud wins are proof of this. The issue is that you gotta play this fucking character with surgical precision or you are taking a dirt nap. I could face roll with Lily because even for a low tier she's fucking braindead. AKI requires too much IQ to play well with and I'm fucking retarded. She's fun though. I scrubbed my way up to Diamond 2 so I might be able to scrub my way up higher.  

I'd really love to play Elphelt in Strive because she's looks so cute and I mained her (albeit like shit) in Xrd. But I didn't dedicate any time to getting good at the fundies for Strive so going back would require me to put on the training wheels. And with GBFV Rising dropping in a few days I wanna get gud at that game. Fucking sucks I didn't put any time into Strive when it dropped. I blame Capcom for this!!!!!

Edited by TWINBLADES
26 minutes ago, Jocelot said:

The season 2 balance patch for this game is gonna be wild. I honestly think that a lot of characters just need a lil' something to push them into Ken tier, Manon included

In classic Capcom fashion I expect them to replace the top tiers, leave the bottoms unchanged, and buff the high tiers to the top so instead of Ken/jp/Deejay/Luke we get Guile/cammy/Rashid or something. Aki will obviously be shafted and not see any buffs until the very last season before SF7 

30 minutes ago, -PVL93- said:

In classic Capcom fashion I expect them to replace the top tiers, leave the bottoms unchanged, and buff the high tiers to the top so instead of Ken/jp/Deejay/Luke we get Guile/cammy/Rashid or something. Aki will obviously be shafted and not see any buffs until the very last season before SF7 

The perfect scenario for me if all the B and below characters got the Kolin in season 3 treatment and are buffed to A tier. I really don't want the bottom bros being bottoms for the entirety of SFV. We don't want Vega's we want Kolin's imo

Kolins season 3 buffs was legendary. I’ll never not give Capcom props for giving her a gun. But I hate how they realized what they created and knee capped her every year after. Fucking sucks. If anyone wants to body me I’m online. Don’t think I’ve played anyone here except Hawk. I’m starting to think no one actually plays this shit…

Edited by TWINBLADES
20 minutes ago, TWINBLADES said:

Kolins season 3 buffs was legendary. I’ll never not give Capcom props for giving her a gun. But I hate how they realized what they created and knee capped her every year after. Fucking sucks. If anyone wants to body me I’m online. Don’t think I’ve played anyone here except Hawk. I’m starting to think no one actually plays this shit…

I'm actually back on Strive for reasons I'm unclear on.  

But even there I'm shit tier since I still don't play much.   (Wife was in an accident, her mental health is my full-time job now.)

3 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Did you screen cap his name so you could publicly shame him?

No because honestly I didn’t really care. It’s probably gonna take allot of salt for me to flame someone in 6. I feel like V beat allot of the gamer rage out of me. Probably for the better because when I get mad in fighting games I turn into a racist 4chan user. 
50069838-454e-4deb-9d5d-a5d60dedc0db.jpe
hahah SFV in my top games. Glad to see Lies of P made it on there. Fantastic game. Don’t make fun of me because I watch Max Dood. He’s my Chinder Dagger and I won’t hear no slander. 

https://blog.playstation.com/2023/12/13/ps-blog-game-of-the-year-awards-2023-voting-is-now-open/

SF6 + Capcom Nominated in 10 Categories

• Best New Character (Jamie, Kimberly, Manon)
  • Best Graphical Showcase
  • Best Audio Design
  • Soundtrack of the Year
  • Best Accessibility Features
  • Best Use of Dualsense
  • Best Multiplayer Experience
  • PS4 Game of the Year
  • PS5 Game of the Year
  • Studio of the Year

Moving to AKI was probably the best decision I've made in 6. Watching high level AKI play I know I haven't even scratched the fucking surface with this character. I always feel like there's so much goofy shit you can do. Doesn't even matter if it's optimal or not. I'm finally able to hit her DR cr.HK into super now which was so fucking hard for me because of the crouching part fucking up my super inputs. My AKI is so dry but when I hit those corner loops I feel like I'm big smart. Snake lady gonna carry me to Master.

spacer.png

I guess we haven't talked about this but I always find these really interesting and really weird. I wonder why AKI ranks higher than Rashid. I'm pretty sure on paper Rashid is a better character and he also has pull from being in the last game. AKI being as high as she is super interesting. I've noticed a pretty decent uptick in AKI mirror matches. You'd think after her release in September hype would have died down. Maybe Capcom landed on a good newcomer design? DJ jumping in rankings makes sense to me. My guess is that people who play DJ were probably already good at the game so their placement matches probably landed them in Diamond 3-5. So not much work to get to Master. Lily being so low is sad but it makes sense. Game plan is the most plain white bread of the cast and she's just okay. JP dropping in Master makes me wonder if people just labbed the MU or got used to the pace. I used to hate JP during the launch month and now it's like whatever to me. Guile being as low as he is when he usually ranked higher up in SFV is also interesting. For some reason people haven't gravitated over to him in this iteration as much.