Stage Select

The SF6 Thread: Akuma Incoming!

6 hours ago, Sonero said:

After the latest changes to Strive...

Holy shit should devs take more time to shit up a game with wack mechanics because it gives them belly laughs. It honestly makes me think less of devs when they put insanely questionable stuff in their games.

Now why would you say this about our Lord and savior Season 3? 😭

1 hour ago, Pair of Rooks said:

Now why would you say this about our Lord and savior Season 3? 😭

I keep finding FG devs to be very lackadaisical with balance. The Wild Assault change in Strive was for the worse. But now there's basically no way to play the game I actually liked for 2 years before this shit.

Its awful. I really wish devs took balancing more seriously. Unfortunately for ASW, they love just throwing shit out there and then saying: "we hope you have fun exploring these new mechanics". Brother its a garbage ass mechanic. Take it back.

😡

20 hours ago, Sonero said:

I keep finding FG devs to be very lackadaisical with balance. The Wild Assault change in Strive was for the worse. But now there's basically no way to play the game I actually liked for 2 years before this shit.

Its awful. I really wish devs took balancing more seriously. Unfortunately for ASW, they love just throwing shit out there and then saying: "we hope you have fun exploring these new mechanics". Brother its a garbage ass mechanic. Take it back.

😡

Not sure why devs are doing this but SNK just shoehorned a new mechanic into KOF XV called Advanced Strike and apparently nobody actually wants it.  The game is already heavy on the aggression and they added another mechanic that buffs offense?  Weird.  

Edited by HeavensCloud

They're all just adding Drive Rush, aren't they?  

Makes my character rise 2 tiers so I'm ok with that.  🙃

Re: balance, there's a law of diminishing returns on devs spending budget on balance.   As long as balance is playable then there's no real benefit to spending the $$$ trying harder, and some benefit to allowing some things to be out of balance because it gives the playerbase something to look forward to - balance patch day.    Patch day is a big day for players, and if your game somehow is perfectly balanced then a patch would only make it worse. 

I think in SF we got bunch of devs statements already to hint that not only we will never get "perfect balance" but they will not try either, they just want a food chain built in a way that please them (and in their mind, the audience)

Ryu claimed to be used as balancement standard or something had him mediocre for most of SFV live and started similar in SF6

Some claim it's better because he's so popular that if was stronger would be picked more, yet you have Ken who have similar popularity and tend to get better shit

Akuma is strong because they (and some fanbase) have boner for Akuma, so Akuma have to be stronk. They even gave up the old idea of make him glass cannon with lower HP, just make him stronk because he's Akuma

Zangief is like banned from being high tier. It's ok some characters are high tier, they're fine with it, but if is Zangief is a nono

I guess also SF6 Luke being super strong (and i main him, i like MMA) was another intentional bullshit to try boost/shoehorn popularity of not so loved new protagonist

And stuff like that

And i'm not even counting the marketing fact that they may be inclined to make DLC chars on the stronger side because otherwise tiers bitches would say there's no reason to buy them lol

I don't even wish to have some mythical perfect balanced game where every matchup is 5:5 * but them artificially chosing what deserve to be higher or lower feels very bullshit to me

Imho correct way would simply be them taking chars (whoever they are) that clearly underperformed throught the year and make legit moves to make them more effective, same way pick the very few that clearly were above others and find a way to nerf them possibly without remove what make them fun... i don't want a non-tiers-whore Ken player that legit find his char fun to play style wise to end up with something boring, just find a way to make it no more overpowered

* plus would be impossible have it for everybody, even with same chars involved a matchup at high pro level goes different from same clash done at my shit level of play

Edited by CESTUS III

I love SF6 but every fucking match is a fucking Ryu. Holy shit people have such a dog shit taste in fighters. Like god damn play fucking anyone else holy fucking shit please. I literally encounter 1 Sim every 250 matches and I’m actually not even kidding when I say that. I’m also contemplating if I should get Granblue first or T8. I’ve settled on maining Zafina because she looks like a Soul Calibur character with the claw hand and I miss Soul Calibur. The next few months are so front loaded with games. I’m playing the new Prince of Persia game and it’s incredible but now Person 3 is coming out and Relink and I still gotta finish Crises Core and I haven’t even touched any new fighting game and fucking Rebirth….

my wallet 😞

22 hours ago, purbeast said:

The top 8 of Frosty Faustings was incredible.  There was a decent variety of characters and just a lot of very close matches that were highly entertaining.

Jeah, it probably had the sickest grand finals with all the character switching. Honestly Punk's Luke might be the most interesting Luke I've seen, maybe because it's a bit less optimized compared to other Lukes or maybe because he played him like he plays Cammy lol. 

10 minutes ago, HeavensCloud said:

The problem I have with Tekken is it's literally just the same game over and over with a fresh coat of paint.  Tekken 8 is barely different from Tekken 7.  That's one thing I love about SF, the games are all very different from one another.  

Yeah that is why it got stale to me.  I played King and Paul and I could basically play them the same way in every iteration of Tekken I played.

I also don't like the huge move lists.

I'm interested to see Ed, and what it means for control systems. I also liked using the dickhead jerk in SFV, found him fun, though he was a jerk dickhead with a fancy little cap

2 hours ago, TWINBLADES said:

No way were aren't getting the Ed trailer on Tuesday. No shot Capcom is saving Ed for Capcom Cup lmao

The SFV Akuma "hint" with the banners unfurling, noise and light show at... was it Canada Cup?... was hype as fuck

Edited by JustBooming

Newly discovered Street Fighter 6 glitch nets more damage from stun combos

Spoiler

The basic idea here is that if this glitch is activated correctly, players will be able to get more damage out of their stun combos. Already, lab monsters are sharing combos that push the limits of what can be done and are finding the hardest hitting sequences that they can.

In Street Fighter 6, in order to stun your opponent you'll have to wait for them to get into burnout (or force them into it yourself). Once they're burnt out, hitting them with a Drive Impact close to the corner will see them bounce off of the wall and enter into a stun state where they are completely vulnerable to an attack for several seconds.

What's interesting about using Drive Impact in the corner is that you can hit it from up close or from further away, and the blow back from this attack can still cause the opponent to stagger all the way back and hit the wall. This is the foundation of the newly discovered glitch.

Essentially, what players have now discovered is that you can hit a burnt out opponent with a Drive Impact from further out, and while they stagger back you actually have time to input another move before they touch the wall. From what we can see, if you perform certain actions at the exact same time that the opponent makes contact with the wall, you will get rid of the initial damage scaling that comes after a stun.

To put it plainly, the first attack you land after stunning an opponent in Street Fighter 6 starts at 80% damage scaling — meaning you're dealing 80% of the damage the attack would normally do right out of the gate. Doing a combo after stun means you normally start at 80% damage, then continue scaling down from there.

However, this new glitch makes it so that your first attack after the stun actually deals 100% of its damage and starts scaling down from there. Ultimately, you're getting quite a bit more damage out of combos in this situation now with this bug in play.

The following Twitter clip from sakuyo13 demonstrates how this is all done and how it works. From what we've been seeing, it appears that jumping simultaneously with the opponent hitting the wall for the stun can consistently activate the glitch.

3 hours ago, purbeast said:

Summer, Fall, Winter, Spring.

Yeah and it's shit. Granted Tekken is also doing a one char per time of the year release but at least it had a roster twice the size of SF6 at launch 

1 hour ago, HeavensCloud said:

They probably are doing the 27th because Capcom Cup ends on the 25th and they want to show his release trailer there.  

Imagine they don't even tease Akuma in any way and conclude a CPT season finale with a fucking Ed trailer lmao 

44 minutes ago, -PVL93- said:

Yeah and it's shit. Granted Tekken is also doing a one char per time of the year release but at least it had a roster twice the size of SF6 at launch 

Imagine they don't even tease Akuma in any way and conclude a CPT season finale with a fucking Ed trailer lmao 

I think they might actually do a combined one with Akuma.  Especially given how close to Spring we'd be at that point.   And they know it would be super hype and a great way to end CC X.  

During sfv didn't they usually release a new balance patch shortly after Capcom Cup? It's weird how all of this lines up with Akuma being the last character in this season pass while Capcom Cup happens in February.

Imagine like they release a Season 2 balance patch before all the Season 1 characters have dropped lol

1 hour ago, -PVL93- said:

Meh, Tekken's characters don't change much each iteration.  I played the demo and played Paul and he played pretty much how I remembered him playing the last time I played a Tekken game which was 3 or Tag 2.  I wouldn't be surprised if they literally use a lot of the same code and stuff for characters across games.

I know I'm probably in the minority but I don't care about a roster size being huge.  I'm fine with the size of SF6 roster and them slow dripping 4 characters per year.  I loved SF4 but hated how large the roster got towards the end.

20 hours ago, elliephil said:

Imagine like they release a Season 2 balance patch before all the Season 1 characters have dropped lol

Don't see anything wrong with it 

Release season 2 patch 

Observe feedback 

Make adjustments 

Drop Akuma and another balance patch before new CPT season kicks off 

It's much better than waiting another fucking year if the Capcom Balancing strikes again 

I was playing my buddy last night and did a qcb.fk with Dee Jay to get his fk sway, but his fk sobat came out and I ended up eating a level 3 because of it.  I was like wtf how did I do qcb and get qcf input?  So I looked at replays immediately after like wtf.

And sure as shit, I did a qcb and the damn sobat came out.  

After looking at it in slow mo, I could finally figure out WHY it happened.  Took me a while to figure it out but thought I'd post the video here.

Typically if my opponent is not in the corner, I will do b.fk and cancel into fk.sway after the first hit of b.fk.  But when they are in the corner, I will let both his of b.fk hit and then do fk sway so I can continue a juggle combo.  But since Cammy was kind of close to the corner, I wanted to see if I could carry her into the corner to do the corner juggle, which is why I did not try to cancel after the first hit of b.fk.  So that was my reasoning for not canceling after 1 hit in this instance.

I just wanted to preface it with that though.  

After eyeballing that video in slow mo though, it made sense to me why that sobat came out.