Stage Select

The SF6 Thread: Guest Characters? In MY Street Fighter?

23 minutes ago, purbeast said:

I wish I played more Blanka's.  I love running FT5 against randoms I run into in casuals because I rarely play em.  I'm finally starting to somewhat understand his gameplan now.

I don't mind fighting Blanka either. SF6 Blanka is way less annoying than SFV and SF4 Blanka IMO. 

16 hours ago, Volta said:

Anyone else tired of SF6? I don't dislike the game and I think it's a big improvement over V, I just don't feel like playing it anymore for some reason.

Most of my disinterest in SF6 is the result of irl stress. I redownloaded it a couple weeks back bc I want to get back in but man I just don’t have the energy to play the game. 

When I do occasionally find the energy to play a video game I tend to go for something more relaxing like a single player game. I got Megaman Battle Network Legacy Collection as a Christmas gift and I’ve mostly been playing that. Playing SF6 is a lot more stress and mental involvement, and that’s after the fact the only character I like isn’t very good haha.

Edited by Vhozite
21 hours ago, Volta said:

Anyone else tired of SF6? I don't dislike the game and I think it's a big improvement over V, I just don't feel like playing it anymore for some reason.

I haven't played it in months, but not because I'm tired of it.  I just have a lot of irl stuff going on so if I do get a couple hours I'll just stick with GGST which I already konw how to play. 

Also eyeing that new Prince metrovania...

This is pretty interesting.  Matchups between 1700+ MR ranks.  This looks like a standard SF6 tier list but a few things stand out for me.  Dee Jay and Juri are a lot lower than expected.  Dee Jay is usually seen as top 5 and Juri usually hovers around top 7 - but here they're both around mid tier.  A.K.I. and Manon are much higher than expected, sitting around mid tier. And according to this Rashid is top tier and #3 overall.  That last part doesn't surprise me as I've always been very high on Rashid.  

22 hours ago, Volta said:

Between Granblue and Tekken I can't dedicate time to SF6. Fighting games have strange cycles; either a bunch of games come out at one time or existing games get DLC with no new releases for the foreseeable future. I do plan to get back into SF6 when Akuma is released.

23 hours ago, Volta said:

I don't think I'm tired of SF6, but I haven't been playing much of it over the past few months. I sorta just come and go.  I've actually been playing a lot more single-player stuff over the past few months. 

I stopped playing SFV early on as well, only to return. I still gotta get back into World Tour Mode. 

1 hour ago, Doctrine_Dark said:

I don't think I'm tired of SF6, but I haven't been playing much of it over the past few months. I sorta just come and go.  I've actually been playing a lot more single-player stuff over the past few months. 

I'm in the same boat. I still play a couple of times per week but I'm not grinding it out trying to get better anymore. I have fun booting up the game and playing random characters on ranked.

Voted Darkstalkers, GnG, Final Fight

Could have voted "Capcom VS" but did'nt because only ones i would really want are Capcom vs SNK 3 or Capcom vs Arika (or the TK vs SF, but done by Namco that was cancelled)

Said that would have voted GodHand and Shadow of Rome if were selectable options

Bitched about SF6 getting only 4 characters for DLC season

Wow, they turned Ed into actual pure boxing rep (well, beside psycho power lol), dude did'nt threaw a kick in the whole vid

New (old) stage looks pretty cool, even if not what i was hoping for

Speaking chara design the model looks pretty good, but in particular the redesign of his SFV generic white hoodie alt is really excellent, bravi

6 minutes ago, Dragonfave723 said:

We’ve seen comments asking how Ed will work with Modern Controls since his inputs were already simplified in Street Fighter V. We decided to keep his simplified inputs and incorporated them in his Modern Controls while creating expanded inputs for his Classic Controls. Ed now has quarter-circle and dragon-punch inputs for his special moves in Classic. What an edge lord, right?

Absolutely love this, hated his controls in SFV

Edited by CESTUS III

I've got some thoughts. 

1. Looks like 123 is gone!? I guess they felt like that would have been too much for his kit in SF6.

2. He's got these disjointed Yamazaki-ish command normals? I wonder how easy it will be to whiff punish those because if he can throw those out with little reserve Ed is gonna be aids online.

3. I'm curious how much DR will effect snatch combos. He had a few cool ones in V but Ed feels more grounded in 6 so I'm not sure.

4. His level 2 Psycho Ball is smaller than it was in V. I guess they didn't want him being a complete degen but this shit made his offense really scary in the right hands. I wonder how goofy this version will be.

5. His outfit#2 is fucking godlike and probably the one that everyone will fucking use. They went above and beyond taking what they had in V and pushing the basketball gym wear shit to the next level. Like its legit clean as shit.

6. He's a got a command run and think a back sway but that might have been me seeing shit.

7. His level 3 is really funny and I like it allot. 

8. He has a win pose that has him going crazy laughing like Bipson.... 

Jeah wow after seeing SFV I realize him going full boxing actually makes him so much cooler. 

I actually love what I've seen in SF6 for now. VT1 as his level 2 super was the easiest prediction in the book but man I honestly think his level 1 and 3 (Critical maybe?) are my new favorites. They made Ed flashy as hell. I love this for him

19 minutes ago, TWINBLADES said:

I don't know why Capcom wasted money designing Ed's outfit #1. No one will use I'm saying this right now LMAO!!!

I actually like his default outfit more than the alt. It’s an incredibly petty reason but I hate the way those bright red gloves look. Plus i just think his default looks good. 

Edited by Vhozite
16 hours ago, AriesWarlock said:

So many clones bodies, so it's possible Seth will return.

vduor90qtlgc1.jpg?width=3840&format=pjpg

673zr90qtlgc1.jpg?width=3840&format=pjpg

3nac180qtlgc1.jpg?width=3840&format=pjpg

Not a fan of most of the Juri concepts. I only like two of them. The Cammy outfits are just plain terrible. I think two of of them are just okay. Unsurprisingly half of the Chun Li looks are fire. Two of the Chun Li looks I don't like are better than all of Cammy's IMO.

Edited by Darc_Requiem

Bit nice things

Dude learned Mashiba's flicker jab

5ABC6D9A474BA72D8FA7FAA65899A453537FA060

I think twice in two different situations (idle stance and Lv1 animation) he does the Ali shuffle lol

31d943f11728ed63cd93e45b8c613767.gif

Beside using opponent as punching bag in Lv3, also the small psycho ball/elastic psycho rope shit he does in his win cutscene is essentially

boxing_speed_ball_dual_two_speed_bag_1_4

Dude can make a boxing gym using ki 😆

Last the more i see him the more i think they may build him up to fight Luke (more precisely Ken vs JP and Luke vs Ed), they're crazy if they don't lol

14 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

He uses all punches, I'm sure Papa Rog is proud. Not that he'd admit it.

I know, quoting myself is weird, but for anyone into the NFL. I imagine that Rog is like Barry Sander's dad. His son was one of the greatest, arguably the greatest, running back in league history. You knew he was proud of Barry but he refused say it. He would always talk about how another running back was better than Barry. Rog would be talking up Dudley and Mike, while refusing to give Ed credit.

I feel like Ed hate is so fucking forced. I understand that people didn't like the disconnect between how he looked in the story VS how he looked as a playable character. But I always thought Ed was cool and I think his over all game plan was fun to watch especially at the tournament level. So fuck it. I'm gonna use Ed. I'm playing the character just to piss people off. I'm now and AKI/Ed main. I don't care if he ends up being ass tier I'm gonna annoy you fuckers online!!!!!!!!!!