Stage Select

The SF6 Thread: Guest Characters? In MY Street Fighter?

8 minutes ago, Vhozite said:

Yeah I don’t have a problem with clapping DeeJay if the other top tiers get the same treatment. I’ll admit for some characters I’m a bit of a layperson, but at a glance it feels like he got singled out. Like Ken got off light imo

Im not saying it’s racism, but…

Dee Jay getting penalized for Yasuke being a co-protagonist in Assassin's Creed 🙃

4 minutes ago, HeavensCloud said:

I'm not surprised Dee Jay got hit that hard, he just had a lot of stuff that stood out as really good at both mid and high level.  What I am surprised about is Ken and Luke not getting the same treatment.  

Honestly, I'm not surprised about Luke. Ever since his introduction in SFV. Capcom hates to nerf him. They'll do the bare minimum like a kid being forced to do a chore they hate. They'll do just enough to saw "SEE, we nerfed him!"

19 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Honestly, I'm not surprised about Luke. Ever since his introduction in SFV. Capcom hates to nerf him. They'll do the bare minimum like a kid being forced to do a chore they hate. They'll do just enough to saw "SEE, we nerfed him!"

I'm really hoping Luke got nerfed just enough and Ryu got buffed just enough that people will swap to the real main character of SF.  Then again Akuma is here now so that will probably change things as well.  

52 minutes ago, HeavensCloud said:

I'm really hoping Luke got nerfed just enough and Ryu got buffed just enough that people will swap to the real main character of SF.  Then again Akuma is here now so that will probably change things as well.  

Well, they buffed the hell out of Ryu. At least on paper that is. So, I'm curious to where he'll end up in "tier list".

1 hour ago, mykka said:

Can't believe Lily got nerfs, they must hate this character

On bright side for you, devs may have hinted Menat or Rose in S2 😄 

Credit to @Dragonfave723

With Akuma serving as the final character from the Year 1 pass, how has the process gone for selecting the characters for Year 2? I know you likely can't go into specifics, but did the team identify any holes in the current roster that needed to be addressed or filled with the next batch of playable characters?

Of course, I can't make any specific comments yet, but I think you will find there to be some unexpected characters. Sorry, but the method of selection is also a secret (no fortune-telling or divination involved). We hope you’re looking forward to it.

If i had to bet would say Menat, Marisa is already repping Italy and Menat is young, very loved character (and even before read that was one of my safest bets)

For as long as we waited for this patch a lot of these character specific changes feel pretty conservative. Not necessarily bad, but outside of Ryu or Deejay I feel like the universal changes are going to have a bigger impact on the game than anything character specific. 

I finally have more than 1 day off a week I can’t wait to try the game this weekend.

It just really sucks that the first combo in this video is no longer possible, and I'm guessing it is simply because of the corner carry.  However you can still do the drive rush into b.fk and both kicks hit, and then can do fierce sobat, so you can still get a decent corner carry.  But that combo is just fun to do and looks swaggy.

The second combo is still possible though. It did seem like the timing may be stricter now than it used to be though.  I was getting drop outs on the OD fireball some of the time now.  

1 hour ago, Vhozite said:

For as long as we waited for this patch a lot of these character specific changes feel pretty conservative. Not necessarily bad, but outside of Ryu or Deejay I feel like the universal changes are going to have a bigger impact on the game than anything character specific. 

I finally have more than 1 day off a week I can’t wait to try the game this weekend.

I'm curious to see how the Gief and Manon changes pan out. The both seem leave them closer to their opponent than in Season 1 and Gief's meter gain has been buffed significantly. I was honestly expected Lily to get more changes than Gief and Manon. if anything I thought Manon would have gotten the least changes of the three as they seemed to fear her Metal mechanic. The two most confusing characters for me are Lily and Ken.  The latter got more buffs than the former....HOW!? Did Capcom fall for the Phenon Ken Downplay Campaign?

12 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

I'm curious to see how the Gief and Manon changes pan out. The both seem leave them closer to their opponent than in Season 1 and Gief's meter gain has been buffed significantly. I was honestly expected Lily to get more changes than Gief and Manon. if anything I thought Manon would have gotten the least changes of the three as they seemed to fear her Metal mechanic. The two most confusing characters for me are Lily and Ken.  The latter got more buffs than the former....HOW!? Did Capcom fall for the Phenon Ken Downplay Campaign?

Manon’s changes are weird in that they aren’t bad, but wouldn’t be enough for me to pick her up if I wasn’t already interested in the character. 

Her cr.lk and cr.mk are better now making her lows more threatening, and she actually has a plus on block button now which is huge. However she still has most of her same weaknesses from S1, so if you didn’t like her then you probably still wouldn’t now. 

If I like Akuma I’ll probably drop her lol. 

Posted (edited)

I was playing for a few hours last night with friends. Chun-Li standing hp being -3 and having a reduced hurtbox is actually really good now. The move doesn't lose to many lows and since it can be cancelled into stance, it catches a lot of counter hits. Blocking st.hp takes away almost a full block of drive meter from far away.

Her backwalk speed nerf is noticeable but at least she got something really good in return.

Edited by elliephil

A.K.I. buffs are truly blessed.

StLK being a 4 frame move adds a lot of new combos and you can trigger toxic blossom with medium serpent lash way more often.

StHP is easier to hit confirm and safer.

StMK is faster and can be used in more combos.

StHK is now upper body invincible.

CrMK is +1 on block, +5 with Drive Rush, combos into stHK if you catch them not blocking low with Drive Rush.

All her anti-airs are buffed.

Snake stance into Dive goes through fireballs, which fucks fireball characters who used to be annoying to deal with.

Light Serpent Lash always crumples on Punish Counter, which doesn't lead to much realistically if the opponent isn't already poisoned, but oki is good and it's another improvement to her neutral.

Finally, Wakeup Drive Reversal helps her directly because she's one of the characters with weaker than average defense.

So Akuma doesn't have the extra pushback on a corner back throw?  Or is he just not directly in the corner here so he didn't get the extra pushback?  I would think no matter where you are in the corner it would push you far enough away that you can't walk up and grab.

Timestamped

3 hours ago, Vhozite said:

Rant: 

I wanted Ken put to the sword and I’m mad it didn’t happen. No idea how that character walked away from the patch with his legs.

/end randomly 

Idea i got is they know the combo of actual Ken fans + tier whores, won Ken huge audience in SF6 and devs did'nt wanted them all to go cry all over teh internet saying that SF6 now sucks

So instead cripple Ken they gave same big steroids to Ryu too and called it a day lol

As Ryu and Gief fan i love the patch but yeah, it have some strange choices on who help who ignore and who cripple

Posted (edited)

The Giant Attack thing: just got 4400 drive tickets, just enough to get the base SFV music. If anyone doesn't know:

Go to battle hub, set your char to Cammy

Run to the middle of the battle hub, fight SiRN Akuma on the cabs there

Spam hooligan throw once you get a knockdown, the CPU can't deal with it

You get points, win or lose (4k points for a win)

Head the the central "give me your energy" area, and do just that.

Once you're done for the day (game will tell you) head to the events area, and check both Giant Attack rewards

Edit: There are still DT rewards to be claimed later, but I maxed out my dmg on SiRN Akuma today. The rewards I got also included the EX1 Akuma colour.

Edited by JustBooming
Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, JustBooming said:

The Giant Attack: I thing just got my 4400 drive tickets, just enough to get the base SFV music. If anyone doesn't know:

Go to battle hub, set your char to Cammy

Run to the middle of the battle hub, fight SiRN Akuma on the cabs there

Spam hooligan throw once you get a knockdown, the CPU can't deal with it

You get points, win or lose (4k points for a win)

Head the the central "give me your energy" area, and do just that.

Once you're done for the day (game will tell you) head to the events area, and check both Giant Attack rewards

Thanks. I was looking for ways to earn drive tickets after I blew all of mine on the SF4 soundtrack. Still want SFV, 3rd Strike and Alpha 3.

Edited by HeavensCloud
Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, HeavensCloud said:

Thanks. I was looking for ways to earn drive tickets after I blew all of mine on the SF4 soundtrack. Still want SFV, 3rd Strike and Alpha 3.

I spent mine on those (SFV 1) too. Game will tell you when you've gathered enough attack points for the day, rather than DTs, just to be clear. Good luck!

Edited by JustBooming

Tried Akuma for about 30 mins last night.  He feels so well rounded without feeling overwhelming. All the tools you want without any bullshit gimmicks or mini-games. At his peak I don’t think he’s as exciting as Manon, but it also doesn’t feel like Capcom wants him to be bad like it does with Manon and Lily. 

That said I really hope Laura is in season 2. 

The 2 damages you see in the combo damage section are the same exact corner combos, but one is started with FP and one is started with FK.  Both of those moves do the same damage.

Look at what the 20% scaling nerf on Dee Jay's FP starter does.  The 20% scaling damage results in over 600 total damage.

That is HUGE.  

QLdTrUU.jpeg

Tried Akuma for about 30 mins last night.  He feels so well rounded without feeling overwhelming. All the tools you want without any bullshit gimmicks or mini-games. At his peak I don’t think he’s as exciting as Manon, but it also doesn’t feel like Capcom wants him to be bad like it does with Manon and Lily. 

That said I really hope Laura is in season 2. 

I'm curious how the Akuma vs Ryu matchup will play out. Ryu already hit like truck in Season 1. Season 2 Ryu hits harder and has more ways land that damage.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, purbeast said:

The 2 damages you see in the combo damage section are the same exact corner combos, but one is started with FP and one is started with FK.  Both of those moves do the same damage.

Look at what the 20% scaling nerf on Dee Jay's FP starter does.  The 20% scaling damage results in over 600 total damage.

That is HUGE.  

I’ve actually been wanting to talk about the damage scaling in this game. The patch added a lot of 15-20% scaling on so many moves and I’m just really not a fan of how many special rules there are. It’s the same shit I hate in anime games where there are so many routes and juggle options so after a certain amount of hits the game just cuts your damage and to me it just looks completely preposterous. 

Personally I would much rather they just reduce the amount of combo paths instead of making everything do less damage. Long, highly scaled combos feels bad for everyone involved.

Edited by Vhozite

What’s the fastest way to earn drive tickets? I need these BGM’s lol

Also Akuma’s theme >>> 

Battle to the death in the club ass music I love it 

I got mine doing the challenges and they give them away too.  I wish I had paid more attention to the news before Ed came out because once I saw his stage could be bought for drive tickets, that is when I started to try and earn them and realized I had missed out on so many of them up until his release.  

But you will see them in the news feed sometimes they give them away for like birthdays or something, and then the weekly challenges will have them as rewards as well.

i've bought both stages and have like 4200 left still.

4 minutes ago, AriesWarlock said:

I don't know the whole story about DSP; is it wrong to feel bad for him? The guy just wanted to have his YT gaming channel, and people have targeted him since the beginning.

No one can tell you how you should feel about something. Just because I have zero sympathy for the dude doens't mean you have to.

Posted (edited)
20 minutes ago, AriesWarlock said:

I don't know the whole story about DSP; is it wrong to feel bad for him? The guy just wanted to have his YT gaming channel, and people have targeted him since the beginning.

Go watch his live SF6 stream that is going on RIGHT NOW and you will understand why people do not like him lol.

I was just watching it for like 30 minutes and couldn't look away.  It's basically watching a train wreck.

Edited by purbeast

Man being able to pick BGM makes playing SF6 that much more enjoyable. It’s a small thing that really makes a big difference. I spent my Drive Tickets on the SFV (part 1) soundtrack, and it feels so good clapping people’s cheeks to Guile’s SFV theme. Didn’t realize how much I missed some of these. 

1 minute ago, Vhozite said:

Man being able to pick BGM makes playing SF6 that much more enjoyable. It’s a small thing that really makes a big difference. I spent my Drive Tickets on the SFV (part 1) soundtrack, and it feels so good clapping people’s cheeks to Guile’s SFV theme. Didn’t realize how much I missed some of these. 

I was going to post something similar, with good headphones and better music, game's lifted so much higher