Stage Select

The SF6 Thread: Mena Won Evo Japan!

15 hours ago, Doctrine_Dark said:

Watching the many Fatal Fury gameplay impressions has me excited.

But what I'm most looking forward to is seeing if Kain's words to Rock at the end of Garou ("What if I told you your mother was still alive?") end up being legit.

Yes, I'm still a story nigga at heart. I really need this question answered.

Rock gets to the last boss. Suddenly, they get taken out by a Himmilische Atem, but plot twist it's not from Kain it's from Marie 😮

giphy.gif

1 hour ago, Sonero said:

That seems easy to do when facing right, but doing that when facing left seems trickier just due to ring finger not having as much dexterity, for me at least.  Just trying raise/lower my left ring finger while my middle finger is down is much slower and more awkward than doing that with my index finger.

3 hours ago, elliephil said:

Ti91E-.gif

I have a friend who is an avid bowler (and very good). You don't know how much crazy shit happens in competitive bowling. That shit is borderline FGC with some of the stuff they've said to each other on live broadcasts.

Edit: They've even had their own version of the "hitbox" debate because of how one of the balls works. Truly lost brethren.

7 minutes ago, Sonero said:

I have a friend who is an avid bowler (and very good). You don't know how much crazy shit happens in competitive bowling. That shit is borderline FGC with some of the stuff they've said to each other on live broadcasts.

Edit: They've even had their own version of the "hitbox" debate because of how one of the balls works. Truly lost brethren.

My wife and her family bowl competitively. It's all secondhand to me, but it's a wild time for sure.

14 minutes ago, Sonero said:

I love learning this kind of shit cause it makes me feel normal by comparison 😂  Competition does to a man what competition does. 

1 hour ago, elliephil said:

My wife and her family bowl competitively. It's all secondhand to me, but it's a wild time for sure.

By the way, your wife's profile showed up on my FB's "people you may know" feed. Absolutely wild how hard FB had to reach on that one. Only reason I recognized it is because she has a pic of you with her.

I was minding my own business and suddenly..."hey wtf, is that ellie?"

😂

1 hour ago, Pair of Rooks said:

I love learning this kind of shit cause it makes me feel normal by comparison 😂  Competition does to a man what competition does. 

Almost every evil people blamed as being solely in the FGC either wasn't or was significantly worse elsewhere.  Its nutty TBH.

27 minutes ago, Sonero said:

By the way, your wife's profile showed up on my FB's "people you may know" feed. Absolutely wild how hard FB had to reach on that one. Only reason I recognized it is because she has a pic of you with her.

I was minding my own business and suddenly..."hey wtf, is that ellie?"

😂

Lol that's pretty funny actually. Facebook spying on megashock confirmed, this site is clearly a key target for valuable data. (We need more Zatalcon and Cisco posting to feed to zuck.)

Edited by elliephil

V.Rosso In SF6 would be so sick. Shit, should've copped that game during the Steam sale. I liked the game a lot, unfortunately the way they did their system where you could customize everything was a big downer.

I like games where I can just play. Not gonna sit there and lab out super minute stuff on top of having to figure out my character.

32 minutes ago, Sonero said:

V.Rosso In SF6 would be so sick. Shit, should've copped that game during the Steam sale. I liked the game a lot, unfortunately the way they did their system where you could customize everything was a big downer.

I like games where I can just play. Not gonna sit there and lab out super minute stuff on top of having to figure out my character.

The weirdest thing is they took out that system in the Switch version and replaced it with something less random. As far as I can tell that's the only real gameplay difference. it's weird man. I figured they'd update the PC and PS4 version with the new system, but they never did. 

The switch one seems way better (and more coherent). Which is unfortunate.  It was basically running it back with the SFxT gem system but with more gameplay implications. Some of the stuff is cool as an idea, but in practice its...I don't know if I was gonna last in that game. Its bad enough having to block mix, but one of the things you could equip would make your character invisible. That's the most belligerent version of "HOLD THIS MIX, ASSHOLE" that can possibly exist. 😂

There's a whole conversation to be had about FG design there but is what it is. There's a lot of times where less is more. The tricky part is where to put the less.

6 minutes ago, Dragonfave723 said:

Speaking of fools, remember those Season 2 leaks I posted here? It turned out to be fake. We're back to square one, bois. 🙃

FR9kNqq.jpeg

I think we all figured as much. I mean the lack of Cody is telling. Nakayama made it clear that he pushed for Cody to be on the Season 1 roster. I can't see him not being in the Season 2 DLC.

3 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

I think we all figured as much. I mean the lack of Cody is telling. Nakayama made it clear that he pushed for Cody to be on the Season 1 roster. I can't see him not being in the Season 2 DLC.

I think is safe bet consider that Cody at some point will jump in, i'm not sure will necessary be in S2 (even if i would welcome it)

We seen in the past devs wanting a char does'nt necessary have that much weight... iirc Ono really wanted hard Mika in SF4 and she never managed to jump there

But again, for bunch of reasons i feel SF6 Cody have better chances, my guess would be indeed S2/S3

9 hours ago, Doctrine_Dark said:

That "leaked" list didn't even try to be convincing. 

Would've easily have been the worst season 2. 

I was'nt a fan of it beside Elena and being 6 chars, but had realistic elements tbh

To begin with most of names appeared on graffiti wall

Fake leak: Sakura - Bison -Vega - Mika - Elena - NewDude

Graffiti wall:

more-graffiti-names-from-the-capcom-sf6-

Basically just added Elena instead Ibuki (wich was only name "in doubt" on the wall) and new male wich would make sense considering new chars ratio currently is 3 males vs 5 females

Would not have been "elegant" selection in my eyes, with some chars that could/should have waited at least 1 more season or more (to give space to other that would help cast variety), but S1 dropping Akuma already shows capcom give no fucks about finesse and just want sell... and just like Akuma sells (sadly lol) i've to admit a combo Sakura+Bison would have sold lot too, even if personally would not want them as soon as S2 (they would miss S3 too if was for me lol)

Wich force me to admit that since i'm first to bitch about S1 being only 4 chars, i have to hope IF S2 ever end being sweet 6 chars model like in the leak it MUST sell lot if i want S3 to be 6 chars too

I just wish selection will be done with some class, not just money in mind (and to be fair S1 best char to me has been Ed becoming much more boxing based and Rashid, wich were kinda controversial picks by Capcom, so must concede them that)

Coincidence just written in the other thread my ideal S2, bit modified with "MUST sell" mindset, just copy-paste

Sagat - Fei Long - Makoto - Hugo - Menat - Cody

This would be cool list imho, covering 3 chars in the top10 popularity list still not in (Makoto#2, Cody#5 and Sagat #7) plus Menat that back to the poll days was'nt even a thing but is popular, yet  at same time are basically ALL chars i would really love see in SF6

Hugo was my "unpopular" pick (we need a giant in SF6) lol, but others would carry him well imho

Would slighty prefer Adon over Sagat as Muay Thai rep probably, but Sagat is more popular and we already had hint for him in SF6

16_ex02.jpg

Had to sacrify (just delay on reality) Elena and Dudley that i like more than some there, but i would surely add them in my ideal S3 lol

Problem is my list does'nt leave room for 1 (or 2?) new characters, and we don't know Capcom plans about that

SFV has been very unpredictable under that pov, beside the fact they will likely save what are considered big names to carry seasons with new chars or unpopular picks

We already saw this in SF6 S1, as much i dislike see Akuma in S1 have to admit marketing wise he does the heavy lifting on a season that took some risk with other 3 chars

Edited by CESTUS III

One of the reasons why that "leak" seemed fake was the specific characters mentioned in the post

I'm not saying Capcom will follow the same philosophy exactly, but they seemed to have established a very clear DLC character composition format for SFV

Season 1: Alex, Guile, Ibuki, Juri, Balrog, Urien

4 dudes, 2 chicks 

Season 2: Akuma, Kolin, Ed, Abigail, Menat, Zeku

4 dudes, 2 chicks 

Season 3: Sakura, Blanka, Sagat, Cody, Falke, G

4 dudes, 2 chicks 

Season 4: Lucia, Poison, Honda, Seth, Twelve, Gill

(technically) 4 dudes, 2 chicks 

Season 5: Dan, Rose, Oro, Akira, Luke

3 dudes, 2 chicks 

for SF6 season 1 we got majority male characters with Rashid, Aki, Ed, Akuma, so while there's no concrete confirmation of S2 as of now, it doesn't seem like their approach has shifted much, only the number of characters released (and even then it's entirely possible season 2 goes up from 4 to 6)

1 hour ago, -PVL93- said:

One of the reasons why that "leak" seemed fake was the specific characters mentioned in the post

I'm not saying Capcom will follow the same philosophy exactly, but they seemed to have established a very clear DLC character composition format for SFV

Season 1: Alex, Guile, Ibuki, Juri, Balrog, Urien

4 dudes, 2 chicks 

Season 2: Akuma, Kolin, Ed, Abigail, Menat, Zeku

4 dudes, 2 chicks 

Season 3: Sakura, Blanka, Sagat, Cody, Falke, G

4 dudes, 2 chicks 

Season 4: Lucia, Poison, Honda, Seth, Twelve, Gill

(technically) 4 dudes, 2 chicks 

Season 5: Dan, Rose, Oro, Akira, Luke

3 dudes, 2 chicks 

for SF6 season 1 we got majority male characters with Rashid, Aki, Ed, Akuma, so while there's no concrete confirmation of S2 as of now, it doesn't seem like their approach has shifted much, only the number of characters released (and even then it's entirely possible season 2 goes up from 4 to 6)

Well, i would personally prefer a S2 that goes back to good old 4M2F SFV format, as there's way bigger number of missing male fighters i wish to see return than female ones

But tbh a 3M3F season(like in the fake leak) in SF6 would not shock me if we consider how female heavy has been their work on new characters

Start cast SF4 had 4 new characters, 3 males (+1 "male" boss) and 1 female

Start cast SFV had too 4 new characters, 3 males and 1 female

Start cast SF6 had 7 new characters, 3 males and 4 females. And when they had chance to go 4-4 in S1 they instead went 3M 5F adding AKI

Now, new chars are just a portion of upcoming characters (a tiny one in S1 case), but still show new devs seems willing to break old ratio patterns

Again, hope S2 will be 4M2F (wich would be 6 chars wich is itself good news), but would not be surprised much by a 3-3

I think what truly gave fuel to the leak (i was open to believe it) is that the news came claiming was same guy who did first SF6 leak, i've learned the fact it was a different account only when the original guy said it was'nt him

1 hour ago, Sonero said:

If there's any company you should give the benefit of the doubt on the positive side, its definitely this one.

At least with SF6 I know the character is going to have some type of awesome going for it.

Also this is true

Shit, Akuma is one of the very very least characters i want to see added to SF6 (maybe Akuma-Sakura-Decapre is my podium) and still have to admit i'm at least curious to see what they do with him.

Probably the thirst of a fucking 4chars Season make me curious about whatever news as long we get one, but still

It's cool because if characters announced are shit still you have something to look forward to, if are good you're twice as hyped

Battlehub had a vote to determine which Megaman game was the best. These were the final results.

1. Mega Man 2 - 27.9%

2. Mega Man - 22.2%

3. Mega Man 11 - 11%

4. Mega Man 3 - 8.9%

5. Mega Man 7 - 6.9%

6. Mega Man 4 - 6.5%

7. Mega Man 8 - 5.9%

8. Mega Man 10 - 4.3%

9. Mega Man 5 - 2.9%

10. Mega Man 6 - 1.8%

11. Mega Man 9 - 1.7%

I voted for MM9 🫠

6 hours ago, CESTUS III said:

Sagat - Fei Long - Makoto - Hugo - Menat - Cody

It's a good list and my list is somewhat similar.  I'd substitute Hugo for Sodom since he's a grappler that I feel we've been talking about for a while but he's never been added for some reason.  Sagat, Makoto, Menat and Cody all bring the hype.  

I think Capcom will definitely have a slot for a new character.  Every season barring the 1st DLC season of SFV (which was more of an extension of the launch roster) had at least one new character and they did the same with the first season in 6.