Stage Select

The SF6 Thread: Akuma Incoming!

3 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

It seems most of the players, even the pros, want the new patch. Given the large number of players, it presents an excellent opportunity for them learn about the new meta going forward. It's not a CPT event but the knowledge gained could be used to help them at CPT events  down line. Dudes are going to be meeting and labbing the game while at the event. The tournament itself will just be a bonus to them.

That makes a ton of sense. No cpt on the line means it's a practice tournament.

13 minutes ago, CESTUS III said:

Don't even remember why was banned to begin with lol

The domestic violence issue with his wife. Which opens up an insane can of worms because anybody with a rap sheet is liable to get banned.  Which is a complicated issue.

The second one is the situation involving the tournament fixing he did.

I'm 2 ways about the Infiltration convo. Part of me wants him back because I know it must feel like hell not being in the career that you put blood sweat and tears into. But the other part about the bracket rigging is what makes it dicey. I don't care that Infil said the N word. Everyone in the FGC is saying nigga but he slipped up on stream being a goof. And in regards to the abuse shit. Even if Infil had come back saying sowwy I've changed UwU  it wouldn't make people forgive him. So the only real shit we got is a the bracket rigging. Personally it's been long enough. I'm not saying this shit on Twitter because that place is filled with woke freaks virtual signaling about how Infil is an unhinged monster. 

14 minutes ago, TWINBLADES said:

Everyone in the FGC is saying nigga but he slipped up on stream being a goof.

It isn't even that he slipped up. He was encouraged by players in the US to do that. The whole situation there is fucked because way too many rappers are more than happy to put it on records and sell the word for money. Then the last 6ish years there's been a sudden realization of "maybe we shouldn't have done that" from regular people. So now anybody using it is randomly racist?

Bro those 20 years you spent selling it wasn't racist? Calling a foreign player, specially when they don't know a lot of english, racist for not knowing the depth of history and issues of one ethnic group in a country they don't live in involving one word is insane.

But you know, :coffee:

18 hours ago, Sonero said:

Out of sheer madness decided that my next vid needed production values. Once again, I like my thumbnail:

I know it isn't SF tech but I themed the whole thing about World Warriors and it looks kinda dope. If anything watch it so you can click on the time stamps and get a giggle out of it.

This vid is cool.

I forgot everything except the Ky getting shoved through a wall bits 

3 hours ago, Pair of Rooks said:

If it's blockable by everyone except Cody shouldn't it be called Take Only Prisoners?  😀

I think it's implied that Take no prisoners = death.  So Cody not being able to block it indeed means bad news for him.  

Kinda OT at this point, but

@Darc_Requiemwe was talking about SNK being afraid of be accused rip-off Ricco Rodriguez with Marco...

On 4/28/2024 at 6:33 PM, Darc_Requiem said:

SNK was worried about getting sued by Ricco Rodriquez. A Brazilian Heavyweight MMA fighter. There wasn't a shared likeness like M.Bison/Balrog, so I don't understand whey they thought they'd be sued.

Ricco Rodriguez

24fccdcd72535d09350351da0cceb331.jpg

...when on reality they likely rip-off another dude lol

Spoiler

638022229182370000Victor-Moore-1.jpg?resize=663,768&ssl=1

img001.jpg

On 5/8/2024 at 9:15 AM, Sonero said:

@TWINBLADESyou didn't answer my question yet.

Spoiler

You've criticized the scene for becoming soft and touristy in the past and  I think this Infil situation is a byproduct of that. Specially most of the people ass mad about this have BLM and pronouns in their twitter handle.