Stage Select

The SF6 Thread: Mena Won Evo Japan!

I fukks with Benny the Butcher's music normally, but I do not need this shyt to be playing when I'm trying to make my return to World Tour Mode.

I thought this was only in the Battle Hub. 

I want to chill in Metro City and listen to the relaxing evening theme. I hope they change this because the music in World Tour Mode is some of my fav to listen to.

the GAWD Marco is confirmed. This is literally all I ever wanted for City of the Wolves. I'd like to see Akuma topping this!

edit: I also hope this means they're keeping his name Marco for all versions of the game. I know his name was changed to uhhh, Kushnood Butt for some reason in the localization, I just think M A R C O R O D R I G U E Z sounds a million times cooler

Edited by Jocelot
12 hours ago, Jocelot said:

the GAWD Marco is confirmed. This is literally all I ever wanted for City of the Wolves. I'd like to see Akuma topping this!

edit: I also hope this means they're keeping his name Marco for all versions of the game. I know his name was changed to uhhh, Kushnood Butt for some reason in the localization, I just think M A R C O R O D R I G U E Z sounds a million times cooler

SNK was worried about getting sued by Ricco Rodriquez. A Brazilian Heavyweight MMA fighter. There wasn't a shared likeness like M.Bison/Balrog, so I don't understand whey they thought they'd be sued.

Ricco Rodriguez

24fccdcd72535d09350351da0cceb331.jpg

Edited by Darc_Requiem
4 hours ago, Phantom_Miria said:

Yun

Yun

Chun-Li

Yun

Chun-Li

Yun

Yun

Its 3S.

Its been this way for decades now.

This regardless of how ass the game is. They were jokes about this when it was actively played in the US and damn if it hasn't changed.

😂

1 minute ago, -PVL93- said:

3S is a good game with shit balancing at the top

Literally just nerf the supers for yun, Chun and Ken and see how much better it becomes 

And no one will play it. Unless something has changed since I stopped playing FIghtcade. 3S is far more popular than 4th Strike.

52 minutes ago, Pair of Rooks said:

That would help but some of the characters in that game are just BAD bad.  

Even the likes of Twelve and Necro can cook given the opportunity 

Pierrot is one of the best Remy players around 

Alex won a coop cup a few years ago (granted it's a tram tournament but he was going up against a Ken) 

Elena doesn't have a ton of representation I'll give you that 

It all just gets filtered out by Yun's geneijin spam, how much damage Chun legs gets off one hit confirm, and the scaling on Ken's jinrai 

4 minutes ago, HeavensCloud said:

Nerf Vism in Alpha 3 and then maybe it's considered the GOAT SF. It has a superior roster and is better balanced.

You can't just nerf v-ism. It'd either have to become even shorter duration wise or make combos scale so much it's not even worth using, at which point you might as well remove the mechanic entirely. 

Alpha 3 becomes a better game when players straight up don't use it and pick the other two isms

6 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

SNK was worried about getting sued by Ricco Rodriquez. A Brazilian Heavyweight MMA fighter. There wasn't a shared likeness like M.Bison/Balrog, so I don't understand whey they thought they'd be sued.

Ricco Rodriguez

24fccdcd72535d09350351da0cceb331.jpg

Bizzarre part is that in spanish language countries Rodriguez is a common surname, there are more famous people than Ricco with same surname, think director Robert Rodriguez or actress Michelle Rodriguez lol

Apparently they changed/canonized his name as RodrigueS, not RodrigueZ in KoFXV including western version, from SNK wiki

• Rodrigues was always referred to as Khushnood Butt in the West until 2021, when SNK officially acknowledged him as Marco Rodrigues in the team story for Team Art of Fighting on the website for The King of Fighters XV.
    • In the English version of their team ending, Takuma nearly refers to him as Khushnood before stopping himself and using Marco, referencing his rename.
  • This was also the first time in which his name was spelled as "Rodrigues" instead of "Rodriguez", as the former spelling is much more common in Brazil, due to it being a Portuguese-speaking country, while "Rodriguez" is more common in Spanish-speaking ones. SNK made the same mistake with the character Bandeiras Hattori, whose first name was changed from "Banderas" for being a Spanish word instead of a Portuguese one, said mistake caused some outrage among the Brazilian fanbase.

PS: In all of this mess of spanish names they still never realized "Garcia" being a retarded name for an italian fighter lol

But tbh japan FG ever had problems at find italian names: Rose, Brad Burns, Patrick Dulton, Leon*, Pielle, Johann 🤣

*give this freepass because they likely just ripped off Jean Reno's movie char lol

43 minutes ago, -PVL93- said:

You can't just nerf v-ism. It'd either have to become even shorter duration wise or make combos scale so much it's not even worth using, at which point you might as well remove the mechanic entirely. 

Alpha 3 becomes a better game when players straight up don't use it and pick the other two isms

You can do it easily. Just get rid of crouch cancel infinite's and you've significantly nerfed Vism. 

Could do smaller nerfs as well like reducing the guard gauge, adding scaling, increasing cost of activation, etc. Lot of things Capcom could have done.

Edited by HeavensCloud

I’m ready to catch hate for this but I don’t really like how much they show during SGS. Yes it still looks very cool, and if this was any other character it’d be my favorite super. However, I vastly prefer the mystique of the all black background with hitsparks. Leaves more to the imagination. SFV is my favorite presentation (Kage or Akuma).

Other than that I’d say Akuma is by far the best looking character. Stage is also amazing. 

Edited by Vhozite

Nah I agree, the whole "I summon shadow clones to dive kick your ass" could be a shorter level 3. And just keep the raging Demon as is. Like the whole point is you don't know WHAT Akuma does to the opponent - is it summoning something? Striking with lightning speed? Cloning himself? Using a pressure point that makes your blood vessels explode all over?

And now it's just... Oh I guess he kicks you bunch of times 

• Sonero changed the title to The SF6 Thread: Mena Won Evo Japan!
33 minutes ago, Sonero said:

Akuma trailer is amazing, holy shit.

Also apparently Mena put hands on everybody? Goddamn.

Mena is an exceptional player. I always felt he never got the respect he was due. Hopefuly that's changing now.

Edit: Akuma Blog Post is up.

https://blog.playstation.com/2024/04/29/akuma-rages-into-street-fighter-6-on-may-22/

Edited by Darc_Requiem
1 hour ago, -PVL93- said:

Sagat

Fei Long 

Makoto 

Viper 

G

Newcomer 

Not 100% my ideal list, but the trio Sagat, Fei Long and Makoto would make it really sweet deal... between this and mystery box i pick your offer easily, would be solid S2

Newcomer can be welcome too

G is bizzarre af situation for me... i like a lot the charisma and lore of the char, like would really love see his story pushed forward... but at same time i can't bring myself to give fucks about his fight style or him becoming playable lol

On bright side SF6 G would maybe offer some insight on why have so much shit in common with Q

Overall i find him too loved/successful new face to not get a shot at some point, will be at least curious to see how he ends up

Viper idk, i don't dislike the char itself and that sweet boobs-tie combo deserve justice after that SF4 shit model, but at same time beside Makoto you already listed i take almost every (or at least a lot) missing females over her... i think Elena, Laura, Menat, Kolin, Mika, Poison(?), Karin, Ibuki lol

So according to the devblog Akuma can now just charge his regular fireballs into red fireballs. So I'm guessing his new magma punch attack takes the QCB input. 

I just really dig this primordial master of profane martial arts aesthetic SF6 Akuma's got. Like how his face darkens during certain moves, showing only his glowing eyes or the magma like fire coming off his EX moves. They really struck it out of the park with that. 

Now we'll just have to see if he's as broken as everyone expects him to be. And honestly he deserves to be imo

So am I , the only one waiting for the @EvilCanadianbreak down video of Akuma? There was so many things that dropped for a multitude of fighitng games at Evo Japan. I can't imagine what kind of workload that's created for him.

Edit: Our boy came through withe breakdown. Hopefully getting some sleep now.

Edited by Darc_Requiem
Evil Canadian's Breakdown Released