Stage Select

The SF6 Thread: Mena Won Evo Japan!

2 hours ago, CESTUS III said:

G is bizzarre af situation for me... i like a lot the charisma and lore of the char, like would really love see his story pushed forward... but at same time i can't bring myself to give fucks about his fight style or him becoming playable lol

I don't really like a lot of SFV newcomers 

We got Ed, Luke, and Rashid back already 

Zeku function is covered by Kim 

Laura function is covered by Manon 

Abigail can burn in hell and I don't even want to imagine how that monstrosity would look in re engine 

Lucia was more of a fanservice pick for final fight nostalgia 

Falke is wack 

FANG is replaced by Aki now

Menat would  be welcome but they'll probably space away the feet waifus by a few seasons 

Kolin is kinda wack but maybe she can be considerably redesigned for 6

Akira is a guest and I'd like for more SF characters to return first 

So that just leaves us with G as the wildcard 

Edited by -PVL93-

“Akuma release date was announced? Wow. I didn’t know that. You are telling me now for the first time. Akuma led an amazing life. What else can you say. Whether you agreed or not, He was an amazing shoto who led an amazing life. I am actually sad to hear he's coming back. I am sad to hear that.”

2 hours ago, -PVL93- said:

Abigail can burn in hell and I don't even want to imagine how that monstrosity would look in re engine 

Falke is wack 

Menat would  be welcome but they'll probably space away the feet waifus by a few seasons 

Really hope they don't consider Laura covered by Manon, i find already bad Manon likely murdered Abel lol

Laura rep different and famous/modern martial art, after all Matsuda Jiu Jitsu is just SF version of Brazilian Jiu Jitsu... and tbh feels they can do tons of stuff around that, specially after seen how they worked on Ed's boxing

If anything i feel they  could build huge grappler rivalry between the two girls, plus Laura in SF6 style

200w.gif?cid=6c09b9528u4zcuiopwocild1co3

Just like you, Abigail is one i would not like to see return, even if sadly one place of WTM may link to his presence in SF6, also one avatar costume set have him as sponsor😑

On reality I WANT a real giant char(as soon as S2 if possible too), but want that char to be the far more interesting Hugo, and if we want have hope his SFV ending shows he returned to Poison/Metro City

At this point both giants have elements that may give devs easy links to get one in SF6, let's hope they listen the collective hate for Abifail and pick SF3 Andrè the Giant lol

Akira was kinda nice, but would if SF6 get RS rep i hope for somebody else... personally there are lot RS chars i would pick over Akira

Kolin i liked her super stereotype "Helen" costume, but would have no problem if they use it as alt costume (would make sense as it was a disguise for SFV events) and her standard is more in line with SF3 Kolin... guess something like SNK Mature, but would like if they add some tough badassery that remind MGS The Boss or even better Black Lagoon Balalaika

Time skip justify she did lot of cruel shit for Gill (surely less destructively than how Urien would have done, but still) so have her growing colder/harder would only make sense

For the rest i see things more or less as you do

19 minutes ago, purbeast said:

So does Akuma's normal level 3 have it's own CA animation?  The one where he just punches you in the face?

Or is the raging demon his only CA?

In the PlayStation blog, they call his Raging Demon a second level 3 that he can do in CA health. It makes it sound like he will have the CA version of his regular Level 3 and the option to use the demon as well.

4 minutes ago, BornWinner said:

In the PlayStation blog, they call his Raging Demon a second level 3 that he can do in CA health. It makes it sound like he will have the CA version of his regular Level 3 and the option to use the demon as well.

Yah I saw that wording but they didn't clarify. 

It would also be odd the RD isn't the classic inputs, an it means that it would have to combo like his normal level 3 too.

4 hours ago, -PVL93- said:

Falke is wack 

Yeah I don't really agree with a lot of this.

Zeku is a stance character. He's not covered by Kim. If anything Kim makes Guy less likely.

Laura and Manon don't play anything a like. This reminds of the Abel and Alex nonsense from SFIV.

Lucia was not a "fan service" pick. Most people didn't even know who she was. If they wanted a fanservice pick, they'd have used Maki.

Falke was poorly executed but IF she came back she wouldn't be the same character. Like Ed she'd get an overhaul due to Modern Controls taking her gimmick.

Kolin - Not going to stand Ice Queen slander. With the less restrictive juggle system of SF6 and not having all of her cool shit locked behind V-Trigger, it would be fun see Kawano and Nephew ice skate all over people, let alone play her myself.

@-PVL93-@Darc_Requiem

Since we speak about SFV newcomers with chances of return Necalli is hard to ignore too, if we consider the old man in Mexico (where Nec it's supposed to come from) perceived the presence of an "evil pest", really doubt capcom dropped it there for nothing

Considering the beatings he took in SFV story it's possible he returned to rest in same place he sleept for centuries

I'm rare case of person that would like Necalli return as he was in SFV but done with the care and development SF6 seems to guarantee, still believe rip-off JoJo's pillar men was good idea but they lacked the balls to go for it and half ass done him to safe bet on Bison again

But beside my preference if we stick just to Necalli true nature it's absolutely possible Necalli would return in a very different form if absorb somebody else, his SFV look was derived from last warrior he absorbed (and even parts of his fight style since his ultimate technique was copied from same guy)

I just hope they don't waifu him too because would mean they can't fix their shit and just safe gamble on female fighters getting at least some fans by default lol

Now that i think about it due various circumstances we seen Necalli fail at absorb some fighters, but wonder if is possible we see him returning after having absorbed maybe a lesser level former playable char and we see him show the traits of both (would not even be definitive death of the human char, for what we know could return normal if Necalli is expelled/destroyed)

5 hours ago, BornWinner said:

Yeah this make the most sense

Also because all other CA version of Lv3 are often basically same move just with cooler animation and greater damage, while raging demon is straight different move and dynamic

Considering in trailer LV3 he just punches downward, would not be surprised if CA version is very similar with added effect of ki explosion or fire/lava/whatever... specially considering we already seen Akuma do similar shit for supers

SekiaKuretsuha.gif

0e31945171188cb70fe114e51d97e2f1.gif

Or maybe we will see him use the "ki demon" form we seen in first teaser

ryu-appears-briefly-in-akuma-teaser-v0-M

12_oni02.jpg

12_oni03.jpg

Nothing in new trailer show him using this shit (but to be fair neither Ryu's ingame supers involve rising dragons made of cherry blossoms lol)

Ayo, the metro city stage theme is kinda dope. Going through the SF6 soundtrack for something to use in my next vid. Kimberly theme is lowkey underrated.

Edit: ACtually a lot of the stage themes are cooking. Macho Ring is pretty cool too. Really wish they'd get out of all the electronic stuff and had actual instrumentation in some of these. They would've sounded a lot better with instruments instead of the beep boops.

Bunch of fun random details

- From all artworks i thought we was going to get the largest Akuma ever and possibly exagerated, but actually in the trailer is possible see next to Ryu he looks canon correct, just slighty taller/bigger (175cm-85kg vs 178cm-90kg)... in SFV he looked much more massive than Ryu (but SFV fucked lot of proportions)

-It's smart from them show how Akuma very casually/effortlessy throw at our avatar a shoryuken very very similar to Ryu's Lv3  wich till that moment looked like one of the most devastanting supers of the game, yet Akuma does'nt have it on his moveset not even as Lv1 super, as if it's lower stuff

-Cool how as @BornWinnerposted Drive Impact put giant emphasis not only on extreme speed the punch is thrown, but also how fast is retreated

Imho it's a wink at Katsumi Orochi's perfect punch where the recoil is considered even more important than the throw phase itself

NA-4Tq.gif

-SF6 WTM will likely deny Akuma the status of hermit because his stage being actual new location there will be one of these backpack merchants living there with him, unless just for his location they will allow him to be his own merchant lol

Akuma%20Selling%20Fruit.jpg
while at it i LOVE this fanart, the guy being the child is pure genius

Spoiler

akuma_gouki_the_fruit_vendor_by_hakuryuv

-SF6 super veiny body look remind lot how Itagaki started to design Yujiro Hanma in recent times

Spoiler

the-evolution-of-yujiro-hanma-physic-ove

and i think played a role, but still think main inspiration was Jukei from HNK (fun coincidence also in this scene big asura statue get its head damaged, something happening in Akuma teaser too)

find his case even more fitting as in HnK  the crazy veins were a trait shared by masters using the forbidden demonic ki like Jukei, brainwashed Hyo or Kaioh, while on Yujiro's case seems more to express his extreme physical condition (even if Yujiro himself is often compared to a demon/ogre with bit of mystical aura we can see similar portrayal in 100% physical fighter Oliva)

Plus that ki deformed their facial traits making them looking less human, just watch difference between normal Hyo and possessed Hyo, and how latter remind Akuma teaser ki demon

Spoiler

4_DPhCn.jpgHyoh8.jpg

12_oni02.jpg

-As mentioned before the new info posted by @ShockDingothat apparently Akuma now "He carves figures of the hundreds of opponents he has felled and places them in the cave he resides" is huge awesome wink at Rugal

E0lIKzGWYAMb5Dv.jpg:large

As long i can see does'nt seem possible see these statues in the stage, but sure hope we get some cutscene where we can see his "collection" and get some cool cameos

Statue list should/may include, from most likely to crazy

• Goutetsu
  • Gen
  • Gill (Akuma likely does'nt know to have been trolled and that Gill resurrected himself right after the SGS)
  • Necalli if left enough impression on him lol
  • possibly Kage (even if was just a "spiritual" fight)
  • Would be interesting for the symbolism see SF4 Oni there, Oni was if down the road SnH took over Akuma, current SF6 form seems like Akuma took over SnH

if they're open to bit of cameo stuff

• possibly Asura from Asura's Wrath for their fight in that game (SF6 WTM already dropped small cameos of other Capcom games like DMC and MH in the treasure room)
  • possibly Heiachi cameo, because just like with Gill, Akuma believe to have killed him
  • possibly RUGAL cameo (would be fun reference to CvS2 where one possible outcome was Akuma killing Rugal and becoming Shin Akuma, plus would be hilarious af revenge for Rugal back in KoF days claimed to have killed SF characters like Guile and Zangief)

Would not be surprised to NOT see Bison statue there, as Akuma ever considered him scum lol

-Akuma now believe to be super badass because mastered a bit better (and still poorly) lava like ki, imagine be so untalented to take that long just to learn the basics, took Akuma years of dirty cave no fap hermit shit

Meanwhile our hero Rosso did more complex lava tricks at 27 while banging Ken's wife second day of her Italy trip

totallycanon.jpg

Sad Capcom have to go to such lenghts to protect SF cast from greatness

Btw i think we can agree such incredible badass making his DLC return to the series can only be a good thing, jokes aside it's legendary char that enrich the game is in and after watching the trailer deserve all the love

I'm not even mad if he's overpowered, it's part of the charm

His redesign is awesome too, just great job

Welcome back Slayer!

hq720.jpg?sqp=-oaymwEhCK4FEIIDSFryq4qpAx

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, -PVL93- said:

Pretty concerning the only major system change reported thus far is the drive reversal stuff. Hoping it's just an older build specifically for Akuma and we'll get the full details in three weeks 

Maybe Akuma will only bring main cast/Season1 characters changes, and any mayor system change will eventually start with S2 bunch of months from now?

Example i don't expect WTM to get big deal expansion this 22th (just new travel location and couple of small shitty missions), i think the big update will be like somewhere july/august/september

Edited by CESTUS III
42 minutes ago, elliephil said:

Honda continuing to get nerfed and scrubs will continue to cry. You love to see it.

Think somebody at Capcom, and maybe correctly, understands how quickly Honda can go wrong as a toolset.  They haven't let Hundred Hand Slap be actually long since SF2. If he functioned as the chip pressure machine he was in this game, people would legit be in burn out 50 seconds into every round.

Maybe I should take a break from strive and learn honda. 😂

12 minutes ago, Sonero said:

If he functioned as the chip pressure machine he was in this game, people would legit be in burn out 50 seconds into every round.

They did a mini patch where Capcom made blocking one of Honda's moves get you out of burnout even quicker. So you get burned out and then you block Honda like 3 times and then you're out of burnout...

I honestly think there is no way to save Honda in this game unless they give him a gun 🤣

Damn, I gotta hit you up ellie. haven't touched this game in a long time. Its weird that I like SF6 and Strive drives me out of my mind but, here I am, putting together another video for Giovanna.

Also making some people mad by saying that guest characters suck. I swear its gotta be like a "I never made past the mental age of 10" attitude to want to see guest characters in every fucking possible game. The idea that you may like something because of the cohesion of its world seems lost on people.

Yeah, you know what? Fuck it. Put Ronald McDonald in the last game of FF7 remake and call it a life.

🫠

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, CESTUS III said:

Maybe Akuma will only bring main cast/Season1 characters changes, and any mayor system change will eventually start with S2 bunch of months from now?

The first offline CPT major is in July with EVO VEGAS, plus there will likely be online tourneys prior. They're not gonna wait 2 months and make system mechanic adjustments on the eve of world's largest fgc event and a season opener, that's just madness. Plus they're clearly hellbent on not patching the game once the pro tour itself begins. 

So if the end of may update doesn't do anything else except drive reversal - enjoy another year of throw looping and mountain dew rushing 

Edited by -PVL93-

About Akuma: it seems he doesn't have a grab option out of Demon Flip anymore, because all his options during that move were listed in the Playstation blog and no grab was ever mentioned, but it seems he might be getting a command grab off his teleport.

Because Akuma really needed a command grab, just to shit on grapplers more in a game where all the good command grabs are on characters who aren't grapplers.

34 minutes ago, Phantom_Miria said:

About Akuma: it seems he doesn't have a grab option out of Demon Flip anymore, because all his options during that move were listed in the Playstation blog and no grab was ever mentioned, but it seems he might be getting a command grab off his teleport.

Because Akuma really needed a command grab, just to shit on grapplers more in a game where all the good command grabs are on characters who aren't grapplers.

Empty Demon Flip into throw is going to be a total mind fuck though.  I'm guessing the empty jump is why they removed his throw from it.

5 hours ago, -PVL93- said:

The first offline CPT major is in July with EVO VEGAS, plus there will likely be online tourneys prior. They're not gonna wait 2 months and make system mechanic adjustments on the eve of world's largest fgc event and a season opener, that's just madness. Plus they're clearly hellbent on not patching the game once the pro tour itself begins. 

So if the end of may update doesn't do anything else except drive reversal - enjoy another year of throw looping and mountain dew rushing 

I'm not familiar with events, when is most likely we will know the S2 characters list?

At this point is definitely the thing i care the most

6 hours ago, CESTUS III said:

I'm not familiar with events, when is most likely we will know the S2 characters list?

Fuck if I know tbh

My personal guesses for potential season 2 character announcements are:

- sometime in May during a State of Play presentation by Sony 

- early June during the Geoff Keighley "Summer of Gaming" presentation or one of the publisher shows (Sony, Xbox, Capcom) 

- mid July on the Evo 2024 finals day as a surprise before top-6 kicks off

There aren't really any other big events in the near future and I don't think Capcom would want to drop news as big as season 2 character roster (teasers) in a comic con panel, usually they just show character trailers there like when they revealed Ken for both SFV and SF6