Stage Select

The SF6 Thread: Mena Won Evo Japan!

19 hours ago, Sonero said:

Its weird that I like SF6 and Strive drives me out of my mind but, here I am, putting together another video for Giovanna.

Does your area play strive more than sf6? I haven't been playing sf6 as much online but I do go offline once or twice a week to play.

I have my rank search set to worldwide, so I'm getting all types of people.

I fought a Guile player from Italy. Showed up as a red bar, but felt like I was playing someone right in my city. No stutters or anything. It was hella smooth.

In early SF6, we couldn't even get matched with west coast players. This would often lead to us fighting the same exact people over and over and over again.

I'm so glad they widened the ranked pool. 

That artstyle looks like a dream come true.

Max commissioned Wistful to develop a new artstyle for MVCI. This is only a few days old and it's already miles ahead of the original. Imagine how good it'll look when it's finished.

Max said on stream that they were going to take their time with this project. Aside from the new artstyle, they're going to change up the stages, the music, mechanics, and many other things as well. Excited.

1 hour ago, Doctrine_Dark said:

Max commissioned Wistful to develop a new artstyle for MVCI. This is only a few days old and it's already miles ahead of the original. Imagine how good it'll look when it's finished.

Max said on stream that they were going to take their time with this project. Aside from the new artstyle, they're going to change up the stages, the music, mechanics, and many other things as well. Excited.

What about the final boss Cease And Desist?

1 hour ago, Doctrine_Dark said:

Since it's a UE4 game, modding it should be easier than UMvC3 

1 hour ago, Sonero said:

The man is a whore. He says whichever SF is the newest is the best one. He was yapping it up about SF5 when asked about it.

You know the man is trolling.

😂

I noticed a lot of the Japanese players usually answer <whatever the current SF is> as one of their top games.  My guess is it helps with motivation or something.  

6 hours ago, Hecatom said:

As a MK fan, I don't blame him for thinking this.
Even their best games have weird shit that makes them not live to their potential.

Not to mention MK1 is complete trash. MK11 was a step in the right direction but NRS just had to pull an NRS with the sequel.

10 hours ago, Dragonfave723 said:

See them one next to other, red hair was the way to go, look how color wise goes much more smooth with skin color and give vicious demon vibes

Maybe keeping the idea of white/gray stripes on the sides they had in SF3

Akuma3sport.gif

and expand it but overall keeping red, with was more or less the early concept idea (but would have added more gray on the sides above ear)

what-if-the-akuma-leak-wasnt-changed-and

I know one can say at some point we had white hair "Shin Akuma" that does'nt hold back anymore, so have full white hair SF6 Akuma mean shit got serious and he reached his peak, but "Shin Akuma" design wise was a lazy bum solution to begin with, just changing a bit the color palette and pretend now it's somethng else

But that's the akuma curse, lazy recycle was the original sin of his creation lol

I don't think being on the old or new patch will have any effect on who is viewing.  People will tune in regardless.

If I was a competitor in the tourney though, I would definitely prefer using the pre-patch version for the tournament.

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, purbeast said:

I don't think being on the old or new patch will have any effect on who is viewing.  People will tune in regardless.

Personally, I have 0 interest in watching an old version of a game when a newer version just came out.  People will be excited to see maybe some newer characters and or early meta changes instead of the same old stuff we've been watching for a year.

Playing with the newer patch and also with Akuma will definitely affect viewership imo.  

Edited by HeavensCloud
4 hours ago, HeavensCloud said:

I don't even know how this is a debate.  Playing the old version, nobody will care to tune in.  The excitement a new version will bring is well worth the potential randomness.  

The great thing about this is that most of the people going to major aren't seriously and will vote for fun.

So we are bound to see some really salty "pros" after the tournament.

Godspeed to them, cuck these fools out of an old patch.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Sonero said:

The great thing about this is that most of the people going to major aren't seriously and will vote for fun.

So we are bound to see some really salty "pros" after the tournament.

Godspeed to them, cuck these fools out of an old patch.

I think some players will definitely complain but that's just the fgc for ya haha.

I did notice Shine is in favour of letting the new patch rock and he's definitely one of the contenders to win.

Edited by HeavensCloud
12 hours ago, HeavensCloud said:

I think some players will definitely complain but that's just the fgc for ya haha.

I did notice Shine is in favour of letting the new patch rock and he's definitely one of the contenders to win.

It seems most of the players, even the pros, want the new patch. Given the large number of players, it presents an excellent opportunity for them learn about the new meta going forward. It's not a CPT event but the knowledge gained could be used to help them at CPT events  down line. Dudes are going to be meeting and labbing the game while at the event. The tournament itself will just be a bonus to them.