Stage Select

The SF6 Thread: Guest Characters? In MY Street Fighter?

Posted (edited)

Holy fucking fuck

I was told could be guest, i told i doubt and i was so fucking wrong

Elena in is awesome, very  first female i wanted. New design is fucking great glad they did'nt westernized/urbanized it to roll with western bullshit

Terry is one of best Fatal Fury/SNK characters ever

Don't need Mai but these jiggles in SF6 engine are going to be extreme

Bison is way too soon, but if they made fucking Akuma interesting, Bison will get hell of a work

on bad side

S2 and still i don't have Muay Thai/Thailand rep

Another crap season with only 4 chars

2 guest is too much, Terry alone would have been pleasant but half season being Fatal Fury is a slap in the face (mostly because S2 is only 4 chars)

Crazy

Edited by CESTUS III
5 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

And they aren't even all Street Fighter characters. Man we aren't getting anybody in SF6. I can't even get hype about Elena.

I'm lowkey hoping the season pass bombs to send them a message...

5 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

And they aren't even all Street Fighter characters. Man we aren't getting anybody in SF6. I can't even get hype about Elena.

No costumes for them either until next summer kekw

1 minute ago, -PVL93- said:

No costumes for them either until next summer kekw

Elena doesn't drop until 2025. WTF is this shit. I can play Terry and Mai right now. In KOFXV. Da fuck is this shit. It's like ordering a Pizza and getting Chinese Food. I like Chinese Food but if that's what i wanted that's what i would have ordered. I don't buy Street Fighter games for SNK characters. That's what I buy SNK games for.

On bright side Sakura people go it in the butt

Legit believe Mai Shiranui (wich is weakest addition of the Season) is a more legit SF character than Sakura may ever dream to be

Terry to me is good addition as Cody could have been, and Cody to me would have been a top S2 pick

Fatal Fury is artistically 100% compatible, i allow it

REALLY i'm not mad at anything beside S2 being 4-characters crap

If was 6

Elena - Terry - Bison - May - Sagat - Fei Long

would have been hell of a dream season

3 minutes ago, purbeast said:

Bison 2024 summer

Terry 2024 Fall

Mai 2025 winter (January-march)

Elena 2025 spring

Switching to RE Engine for this game continues to prove to be the worst decision Capcom made 

4 fucking characters shouldn't take a YEAR to release 

Have they fired half the dev team after launch or what? 

Just now, -PVL93- said:

Switching to RE Engine for this game continues to prove to be the worst decision Capcom made 

What's tekken excuse then? They are also dropping one character per season and they are running on Unreal 5. Accept the fact that characters take time to develop. 

2 minutes ago, -PVL93- said:

Who knew we'd be longing for the days of SFV post-launch content

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, -PVL93- said:

No offense, but have you ever made a fighting game and characters for it?  Or developed anything in general?

It's not quite as easy as you are making it out to be.

EDIT:

And "half the dev team" is probably working on SF8 right now.

Edited by purbeast
1 minute ago, Hawkingbird said:

Will it be too much to ask if South Town was an explorable area in world tour mode? 

highly doubt

Maybe we get a Fatal Fury stage specific form him, but just place with maybe 1-2 NPC... if i can get Joe and Andy as special NPC to fight would be crazy

If not we meet Terry in Metro City

After all the animated intro seem to hint him reaching place where Luke/Jaime are (Metro City)

Btw if my map theory is correct we explored only a third of SF6 Metro City

• Sonero changed the title to The SF6 Thread: Guest Characters? In MY Street Fighter?
9 minutes ago, Phantom_Miria said:

Guest characters, EWWWWWW

Well, at least I got Elena and Mai's big fat flopping tits in the RE engine. Not everything's too awful at least.

Yeah, Elena definitely softened the blow for me.  I wonder how far they're going to go with Mai's sexy look.  

I feel disapointed that it isnt CVS3

Tha FLOOD GATES are open

And I'm not surprised how this turned up... I'm expecting this even before SF6 all base roster reveal

but not too soon for other company guest character I was thinking they start with their own other IP like Darkstalkers

Now that the Flood Gates are open everything can happen... Darkstalkers, Tekken and much more.

They probably thought of this when people are thought of Luke as Kyo 

SF Characters that is not that appealingbto casual crowd in general FGC is likely on the side note. 

So who the SF character that appear in Garou? Luke and Chunli?

Fatal-Fury-City-of-the-Wolves_2024_03-17

31 minutes ago, Hawkingbird said:

What's tekken excuse then? They are also dropping one character per season and they are running on Unreal 5.

Tekken has like 40 characters base. SF6 launched with half of that 

We also don't know at the moment whether future seasons will be limited to 4 characters for T8 or not 

29 minutes ago, purbeast said:

No offense, but have you ever made a fighting game and characters for it?  Or developed anything in general?

It's not quite as easy as you are making it out to be.

Maybe it's unnecessary to have every single muscle, skin pore and clothing thread to be simulated and rendered like Capcom insists? We've been doing fine without that kind of detail for decades and now it's actively hurting the pace at which content can be produced post launch 

2 minutes ago, -PVL93- said:

Tekken has like 40 characters base. SF6 launched with half of that 

We also don't know at the moment whether future seasons will be limited to 4 characters for T8 or not 

Maybe it's unnecessary to have every single muscle, skin pore and clothing thread to be simulated and rendered like Capcom insists? We've been doing fine without that kind of detail for decades and now it's actively hurting the pace at which content can be produced post launch 

Exactly. T8 got most of their favs back already.

I feel completely indifferent to guest characters. Like I don't mind when they show up. For instance Homelander was my most anticipated character for the MK1 Kombat Pack.

Mai and Terry showing up is cool for the unofficial CvS showdown but I just hope they don't go *too* overboard with guests. 

At most just give me Dean Winchester from Supernatural or Ron Swanson from Parks & Recreation and we're golden until SF7

18 minutes ago, HeavensCloud said:

Gamefaqs would have a negative reaction if they announced all 3rd Strike characters.  

Yeah even seeing FGC FB groups are all wanting Luke to be Kyo before the reveal of Luke

They are almost the same FGC group of people 

Makes me think that way that if its all SF3 those FGC gamefaqs and fb groups would be more interested for guest.

The only guest I want here is Garuda from SFEX and no more than that.  

And showing Mai and Terry means that the story implication doesnt need to have sense anyway. 

Just now, Hawkingbird said:

Twitter is the opposite. The street fighter hashtag is excited for Mai, Elena and the prospect the guest characters will open the door to CvS3. 

Reddit seems a mixed bag.