Stage Select

The Wrestling Thread

Word has it that a sign of mine is supposed to be on Rampage tonight during the advertised 10 man tag. I just happened to be sitting/standing in front of one of the cameras that AEW used for matches when I went to the tapings on Wednesday. I also have an album of pictures and videos about 150 deep that I've sorted through and have four pics I feel confident in posting. Those are below.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

edit: I have intro vids as well from Rampage, but those will be hidden behind spoiler warnings (as Rampage hasn't aired yet).

Edited by YourFavGrandpa
Yo Momma
34 minutes ago, Psychoblue said:

The Tay/Sammy drama is why I can't run with the AEW faithful.  That ish is none of our business, although to be fair we also did this when HHH traded in Chyna for Steph.  We may condemn Vince for trying to break up ships IRL, but we do it too when we have the chance.  SMH

It also happened with the Matt Hardy/Lita/Edge situation

1 hour ago, Psychoblue said:

The Tay/Sammy drama is why I can't run with the AEW faithful.  That ish is none of our business, although to be fair we also did this when HHH traded in Chyna for Steph.  We may condemn Vince for trying to break up ships IRL, but we do it too when we have the chance.  SMH

I don't follow the dirt. Someone put me on game 

5 hours ago, Psychoblue said:

A while back, Sammy proposed to his girlfriend at the end of a taping in the ring.  Now it's being reported they've broken up and now he's with Tay.  Tay is being called a homewrecker.  

OH lol well it's less reported they broke up and more Sammy said it on his Twitter lol. I was confused why I was reading about Tay shutting her Twitter down in my group chat 

Twitter is full of haters.  I said earlier that all four members of the 2.0 New Breed are clearly the best of the 2.0 lot and I included Waller in that bunch.  Yeah he's raw as hell but there's clearly something you can do with him.  That's the intangible it factor people talk about where it's not there yet but it's something.  

For those who don't know, the gist is that Waller is the kayfabe reason Styles and Omos broke up  (here comes the Black Man of Anger!) and this may lead to AJ vs Waller at New Year's Evil.  

Edited by Psychoblue
14 hours ago, Maxx said:

Pwtees had a data breach a month ago but are only tellin people now. 

I got the letter yesterday. So far I haven’t seen anything suspicious, but from what I’ve been reading is if you bought in October, and early November those peoples cards were used.

Edited by Grimmjow316
22 minutes ago, Grimmjow316 said:

I got the letter yesterday. So far I haven’t seen anything suspicious, but from what I’ve been reading is if you bought in October, and early November those peoples cards were used.

At first I was annoyed they informed people so late but now I'm understanding this is a process due to lawyers/feds. So I can't hate them for this.

46 minutes ago, HD-Man said:

Well, O Reily debuted on AEW tonight, so maybe he's referring to that too

Then again, it's 2.0, and maybe they had Roddy job to Doink 😂

Strangely enough Roddy has been protected in 2.0.  Now that he's re-signed they might keep him aboard as the key veteran since most of the other indie guys are gone.  It's just him and Ciampa now.  

Edited by Psychoblue
4 hours ago, Hawkingbird said:

Roddy seems to be the type of guy WWE likes to employ as trainers. It wouldn't surprise me if they give him more to do backstage.

This is what I figured Bobby Fish would settle into. He would have been an amazing striking coach. But he kept getting injured so there was no point in keeping him. 

Edited by iStu X
Just now, Maxx said:

?? Details.. What podcast? 

https://www.youtube.com/c/OfficialJimCornette   This page and all the podcast content within has been a major point of contention with AEW fans especially on twitter.  He's too leftist for rednecks and too redneck for leftists.  Instead he just infuriates everyone...but when he's not guzzling his haterade there's a lot of real good tidbits on the creative writing side of wrestling and why it works at a fundamental level even if they wrestle basic (i.e. how Roman is so over right now despite not being as flashy as other top talent in the world).

16 minutes ago, Psychoblue said:

https://www.youtube.com/c/OfficialJimCornette   This page and all the podcast content within has been a major point of contention with AEW fans especially on twitter.  He's too leftist for rednecks and too redneck for leftists.  Instead he just infuriates everyone...but when he's not guzzling his haterade there's a lot of real good tidbits on the creative writing side of wrestling and why it works at a fundamental level even if they wrestle basic (i.e. how Roman is so over right now despite not being as flashy as other top talent in the world).

OH I know the cornette podcast I didnt know that's what we were talkin about 

Faulting AEW for hiring WWE guys is one of the dumber takes I've seen on twitter.  I couldn't get into AEW because the original incarnation of the Dark Order and the weirdo booking of their joshi, some of which were so tiny in person that I couldn't take them as any sort of threat even as they got win after win over bigs like Nyla Rose or more jacked girls like Thunder Rosa, made it so that I greatly tempered my expectations.  The AEW main cast of 2021 is infinitely better, and it's common sense to hire the best available talent on the market especially if the talent you had beforehand was sorely lacking in long-term appeal.  

Fans with that mindset have no business sense. If I'm a wrestling promotor I'm not going to pass up on a talented wrestler with name value because of where they use to work. It's a stupid thing to apply to AEW as they haven't done any of the same mistakes as TNA. Tony Khan isn't burying MJF because he got Undisputed Era on the payroll.  

19 minutes ago, Maxx said:

99% of these Twitter takes are trolls. Very few people actually think this way but they know it's an easy to rule up fanbases. There is only so much talent ready for TV that isn't on TV and people know this is nor eor less the wcw/we'd wars brought to the 2020s.

A lot of fans I see with those takes ain't trolls. They live in fear of AEW turning into late noughts TNA. A fear that is unfounded given their booking philosophy.

Really the most you will maybe hear is the talent already in AEW being upset since they know they were basically placeholders while Tony Khan was waiting for the more polished talent to be available once those 60-90 days are up.

Also this isn’t like before you have talent available at great ages some who haven’t hit there primes yet as compared to WCW and TNA that went with veterans and in the case of TNA some over the hill acts.

Edited by Grimmjow316
1 hour ago, Grimmjow316 said:

Also this isn’t like before you have talent available at great ages some who haven’t hit there primes yet as compared to WCW and TNA that went with veterans and in the case of TNA some over the hill acts.

I could see the argument holding up in 2020 because you had Destination America level TNA booking left and right between Matt Hardy's brains being splattered on concrete and how Tony handled it, or anything involving the Inner Circle as a whole around that time, or Adam Page as Barney Gumble only for a year+ of awful booking being explained away as "long term storytelling...."

but now you have guys worth their shit, no longer being held down by the nepotism losers.  The AEW originals they're focusing on are the ones most figured were the best of the lot.  

Edited by Psychoblue
On 12/24/2021 at 8:48 PM, Psychoblue said:

Faulting AEW for hiring WWE guys is one of the dumber takes I've seen on twitter.  I couldn't get into AEW because the original incarnation of the Dark Order and the weirdo booking of their joshi, some of which were so tiny in person that I couldn't take them as any sort of threat even as they got win after win over bigs like Nyla Rose or more jacked girls like Thunder Rosa, made it so that I greatly tempered my expectations.  The AEW main cast of 2021 is infinitely better, and it's common sense to hire the best available talent on the market especially if the talent you had beforehand was sorely lacking in long-term appeal.  

The roster and direction of the company has changed for the better in a short period of time. And I assume a lot of day 1 contracts should be ending soon, so the roster will slim up. 

Prepare for the anti-AEW trolls saying “LOOK AT TONY CONMAN RELEASE ALL THESE PEOPLE!! JUST AS BAD AS VINCE RIGHT??” When it’s not even the same situation. 

The IQ is off the charts low for so many of them.