Stage Select

The Wrestling Thread

7 hours ago, Maxx said:

Ibushi talkin about yakuza in njpw ๐Ÿ˜ณ๐Ÿ˜ณ๐Ÿ˜ณ

PRIDE guys said that the Yakuza typically don't make people disappear for stuff like this.ย  The way they operate is that if they got dirt on you they leak it out into the open until your whole career and life are in tatters from embarrassment.ย ย 

ย 

Gven all the sus stuff he did as part of the Golden Lovers, Ibushi has taken that weapon away from them, hence why he's being bold here.ย 

51 minutes ago, Psychoblue said:

PRIDE guys said that the Yakuza typically don't make people disappear for stuff like this.ย  The way they operate is that if they got dirt on you they leak it out into the open until your whole career and life are in tatters from embarrassment.ย ย 

ย 

Gven all the sus stuff he did as part of the Golden Lovers, Ibushi has taken that weapon away from them, hence why he's being bold here.ย 

Yeah not sure how much you can embaress someone who is insane and openly bi. If he's calling people cheating on their wives not much to out on his side.ย 

ย 

Also yakuza have been more brazen since the pride days. Seen alot more violence in Japan from them in the past 20 years in the open

๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚ So my friend apparently went to the dc njpw show and one of the young boys had a fucking bumble account up. And our group chat is just in shambles trying to get her dicked down by a young boy โ˜ ๏ธ

42 minutes ago, HD-Man said:

MJF is a throwback to the old days of wrestling where they kept kayfabe.

Iโ€™m aware.ย 
ย 

42 minutes ago, HD-Man said:

ย You probably won't find a greater pure heel in the game today

except heโ€™s not. People go in to meet and greets doing what they do not only knowing but expecting his shit tier attitude. Thatโ€™s not keeping up kayfabe.ย 
ย 

People and not just fans also know he isnโ€™t like this IRL but they all play their parts knowing itโ€™s not.ย So is he really?

ย 

Itโ€™s not kayfabe. Itโ€™s him playing a joke that everyone is in on and itโ€™s incredibly lame to me.ย 

ย 

Sure you can chalk it up to โ€œoh, Stuartโ€™s a hater and just doesnโ€™t know how to have fun.

ย 

naw. Itโ€™s really not. ย Itโ€™s a try hard wanting attention.ย 

ย 

ย 

Edited by iStu X
2 hours ago, HD-Man said:

Dude, I'm not callin you a hater,

Wasnโ€™t saying you were. But itโ€™s been long established $RK and now Megashock established lore that I am one.ย 
ย 

itโ€™s not that and Iโ€™m not that. Iโ€™m just someone who has always instinctively gone against the grain.ย 

Edited by iStu X
15 hours ago, iStu X said:

Wasnโ€™t saying you were. But itโ€™s been long established $RK and now Megashock established lore that I am one.ย 
ย 

itโ€™s not that and Iโ€™m not that. Iโ€™m just someone who has always instinctively gone against the grain.ย 

"Now entering the ring hailing from the Megashock Forums, the one, the only Stu The Hater!"

Lillian_Garcia_bio.png

ย 

๐Ÿ™ƒ

20 minutes ago, HD-Man said:

Seems legit so far. And Sasha has a history of dipping out when she detects bullshit. WWE commentary trying to bury the on air too, no doubt Vince in their ears. Shit blowing up right nowย 

Ive said it once and ill say it again... Sasha aint never been wrong when it came to those belts. Wwe has screwed them over n over again.ย 

ย 

So I donโ€™t know why Sasha/Naomi would pull the โ€œdoesnโ€™t work for me brotherโ€ card but the company just airing it out like this is a really bad look. I give TK grief when he does this too.

ย 

WWE usually has their own way of worked shoots but the โ€œrehearsalโ€ stuff is too weird. ย Like thatโ€™s Russo garbage if this is a work, and TK amateur stuff if itโ€™s a shoot. ย Thereโ€™s no benefit to this. ย 

Edited by Psychoblue
14 minutes ago, HD-Man said:

Good on Naomi for standing with her homegirl on this. I like to see unity like this

Ehhhhh, in this case I think they need to stop being marks and just do what they're asked.ย  I only side with people if they're being asked to do stuff like give birth to hands or the Diva fetish nonsense.ย  Complaining about who wins or loses is Hogan shit.ย ย 

ย 

BUT WWE are major hos for publicly airing it out like this.ย  Whatever those two are doing, WWE just brought it to a level no one was looking to take it.

According to reports, they were supposed to be in a 6-way which Naomi was actually scheduled to win? It was also said that they specifically didn't want to work with two of the competitors in said match (which also kinda sounds like a bitch move, but then again, that is what is said)

ย 

Sasha taking pages from the Stone Cold playbook WITHOUT being Stone Cold aint a good look. And when the company is outing you like that, don't expect things to get any better when they come back

Edited by Lantis
45 minutes ago, Psychoblue said:

Ehhhhh, in this case I think they need to stop being marks and just do what they're asked.ย  I only side with people if they're being asked to do stuff like give birth to hands or the Diva fetish nonsense.ย  Complaining about who wins or loses is Hogan shit.ย ย 

ย 

BUT WWE are major hos for publicly airing it out like this.ย  Whatever those two are doing, WWE just brought it to a level no one was looking to take it.

I completely disagree. If a job is treating me like I don't matter, I'm supposed to stay professional and do what I'm told after I've tried numerous times to get on the same page with them? Talent expected to be pros, but not the company they work for? Nah, fuck that job, it's no longer the place for me ๐Ÿ—ฃ๏ธ

ย 

This notion that ppl should remain professional while these companies just do what tf they want to their employees needs to be put to bed. This the same WWE who breaks promises and doesn't honor their contracts by releasing talent on a whim, I wish more talent had the balls to walk out

ย 

And other reports say there's WAY more to this dispute that WWE is saying, which is why they put out a statement to get the ahead of Sasha. I doubt it was quite that simple as one matchย 

Edited by HD-Man
6 minutes ago, HD-Man said:

I completely disagree. If a job is treating me like I don't matter, I'm supposed to stay professional and do what I'm told after I've tried numerous times to get on the same page with them? Talent expected to be pros, but not the company they work for? Nah, fuck that job, it's no longer the place for me ๐Ÿ—ฃ๏ธ

ย 

This notion that ppl should remain professional while these companies just do what tf they want to their employees needs to be put to bed. This the same WWE who breaks promises and doesn't honor their contracts by releasing talent on a whim, I wish more talent had the balls to walk out

ย 

And other reports say there's WAY more to this dispute that WWE is saying, which is why they put out a statement to get the ahead of Sasha. I doubt it was quite that simple as one matchย 

I think it's only an issue when it's affecting your TV time because that's what really decides what money is going to be made.ย  The wins/losses stuff shouldn't be an issue unless it's eating into that part.ย  I sided with Ali because his issue wasn't around his wins and losses but how he was being portrayed, which I put in the "giving birth to a hand" category.

ย 

But yeah I agree that regardless of what happeend, WWE just made it way worse for them by getting ahead.ย  If they just sat on their hands and let Sasha rant, they could have just waited her out until she came back like Ali did, and move Naomi to the Bloodline like rumored.

4 hours ago, Psychoblue said:

ย 

Reportedly Sasha felt that the women's tag division wasn't being respected. Naomi was booked to win the planned six pack challenge. Knowing WWE, this meant that the tag belts would have been put on the back burner so Naomi can prop up the singles belt. They also pitched to defend the tag belts against Dudrop and Nikki at the Hell in a Cell but got turned down.ย 

ย 

From what we know so far those two want to build up the tag division and the creative direction is contradicting that

4 hours ago, Lantis said:

According to reports, they were supposed to be in a 6-way which Naomi was actually scheduled to win? It was also said that they specifically didn't want to work with two of the competitors in said match (which also kinda sounds like a bitch move, but then again, that is what is said)

ย 

Sasha taking pages from the Stone Cold playbook WITHOUT being Stone Cold aint a good look. And when the company is outing you like that, don't expect things to get any better when they come back

More or less im reading this was leading to them being fodder.ย 

ย 

This is supoosedly a friend of Naomi's who knows the situation. He put a lil thresd of breaking down shit

ย 

ย 

Edited by Maxx
4 hours ago, Lantis said:

ย 

According to the sheets, their talent sources claim they weren't aware of Sasha and Naomi not wanting to work with the two talents until WWE issued their statement. Something going on here

Like I said....those tag belts make Sasha go wildin.

ย 

I see where she is coming from by trying to make the tag titles relevant but she's definitely fighting a losing battle. Might want to pick her fights and see what kind of hill she wants to die on.

37 minutes ago, Hawkingbird said:

Reportedly Sasha felt that the women's tag division wasn't being respected. Naomi was booked to win the planned six pack challenge. Knowing WWE, this meant that the tag belts would have been put on the back burner so Naomi can prop up the singles belt. They also pitched to defend the tag belts against Dudrop and Nikki at the Hell in a Cell but got turned down.ย 

ย 

From what we know so far those two want to build up the tag division and the creative direction is contradicting that

Yeah, something stinks about that story.ย  Refusing to drop the belts has happened in the past, they're let go or they're moved off and there's little mention of it.

ย 

But why talk about "rehearsing a match" in a public press release?ย  That's Russo shit, or TK shit if this is indeed completely true.ย  This has happened countless times in the past, so why suddenly be amateurs and try and give excuses in public press releases rather than do what nomrally happens and wait until tempers cool.ย ย 

ย 

Y'know, Russo was recently asking WWE if he could come back.ย  Maybe this is his tryout angle LOL

ย 

I still don't agree that complaining about who wins or loses is your job unless the finish was like "Alright, you're going to get pinned in a 69 position or whatever that kid Gigi Dolin used to do before she got here."ย ย 

Edited by Psychoblue
11 minutes ago, Psychoblue said:

Yeah, something stinks about that story.ย  Refusing to drop the belts has happened in the past, they're let go or they're moved off and there's little mention of it.

ย 

But why talk about "rehearsing a match" in a public press release?ย  That's Russo shit, or TK shit if this is indeed completely true.ย  This has happened countless times in the past, so why suddenly be amateurs and try and give excuses in public press releases rather than do what nomrally happens and wait until tempers cool.ย ย 

ย 

Y'know, Russo was recently asking WWE if he could come back.ย  Maybe this is his tryout angle LOL

ย 

I still don't agree that complaining about who wins or loses is your job unless the finish was like "Alright, you're going to get pinned in a 69 position or whatever that kid Gigi Dolin used to do before she got here."ย ย 

the detail is rehearsing the match is thereย  because WWE statement mentioned them not wanting to work with two opponents in the six pack. That detail is there to give the impression that the company gave them a means of addressing their concerns with said opponents. The company didn't see the issue as they worked with them before without incident.ย 

ย 

This part of the story is the most fishy to me

1 minute ago, Hawkingbird said:

the detail is rehearsing the match is thereย  because WWE statement mentioned them not wanting to work with two opponents in the six pack. That detail is there to give the impression that the company gave them a means of addressing their concerns with said opponents. The company didn't see the issue as they worked with them before without incident.ย 

ย 

This part of the story is the most fishy to me

What I meant is, the fact that they added that fact is super Russo.ย  Could have just said they have walked out and are suspended indefinitely etc etc

Just now, scorp said:

Sasha and Naomi are pretty dumb though.

To think that WWE would care about a tag team, let alone a women tag team.

I just read Grimm's link.

I...don't see what's worth walking out over?

ย 

You can definitely agree it's too soon for them to be going back to singles, but you have both women's tag champions having a world title match at a PPV.ย  They come up short, go back to being tag champs?ย  Is it underwhelming to be a filler feud?ย  Sure.ย  Is it worth walking out over?ย  I don't know.

ย 

WWE still way out of pocket for the press release tho, def on Sasha/Naomi's side now.

2 minutes ago, Psychoblue said:

ย 

You can definitely agree it's too soon for them to be going back to singles, but you have both women's tag champions having a world title match at a PPV.ย  They come up short, go back to being tag champs?ย  Is it underwhelming to be a filler feud?ย  Sure.ย  Is it worth walking out over?ย  I don't know.

ย 

WWE still way out of pocket for the press release tho, def on Sasha/Naomi's side now.

Independent contractor, dude.

If the company can cancel my contract at any time, I should be able to walk out at any time!

1 minute ago, scorp said:

Independent contractor, dude.

If the company can cancel my contract at any time, I should be able to walk out at any time!

I don't disagree there.ย  I just think that's a weak sauce reason to say "doesn't work for me brother."ย ย 

ย 

With how much this has blown upย  I thought it was like with Ali where they wanted them to "embrace Ace's vision" and it looks like those fetishwear battle royales the Divas used to do.ย 

9 minutes ago, Psychoblue said:

I don't disagree there.ย  I just think that's a weak sauce reason to say "doesn't work for me brother."ย ย 

ย 

With how much this has blown upย  I thought it was like with Ali where they wanted them to "embrace Ace's vision" and it looks like those fetishwear battle royales the Divas used to do.ย 

lol I'm actually surprised they had the balls to do it

That means this shit has been building up

1 hour ago, Psychoblue said:

What I meant is, the fact that they added that fact is super Russo.ย  Could have just said they have walked out and are suspended indefinitely etc etc

The entire press release was done to get ahead of the story. Normally WWE would have kept quiet about it but seeing how they walked out when the show started it was out of their hands.

ย 

1 hour ago, Psychoblue said:

ย 

ย 

I honestly want to see talent stand up for themselves more often like this. The current system is beyond broken and Vince needs to be force to see it's cracks