Stage Select

The MEGASHOCK Saloon Thread

heh, I went back to checking on the Stadia forum over at Gamefaqs....and it once again has delivered on the laughs.  There's still a few hardcore fans of that silly nonsense....they're still defending it from the constant cheapshots that get posted over there.  I'm just there on the sidelines to enjoy this delicious entertainment.

Amazon announced a game-streaming service apparently...and yeah I hope that shit fails too.  Streaming for games is just a stupid concept in the first place; I will forever despise it for a variety of reasons.

It boggles the mind why anyone would prefer streaming at all, imo... there's so many downsides it's actually amusing to even compare that with "traditional" gaming...like comparing an old small black/white tv from 50 years ago to a 4k big flat screen tv of today.  It restored some of my hope in the general gaming audience that most people laughed at the Stadia.

On another note---I was reminded of this over at that other forum... 95 South indeed had the superior version of this, both in terms of the song itself and the video....it's a damn shame that radio and tv would eventually just focus on playing the lame ass Tag Team version as if the other one didn't exist:

edit-- I'm still looking for info on whether there was a legal battle or not...

https://www.nola.com/news/crime_police/article_c5334a17-22ab-5f44-8a84-08c1d3615e14.html

^this is just a producer for the Tag Team trash version getting royalties over the song being played at sporting events several years ago.

Edited by MillionX

heh, forgot to mention earlier... Tommy Sotomayor had a vid on this last night... some show with Vivica A. Fox and other ladies had Lisa Raye on...it was her birthday.. they surprised Lisa with her little sis Da Brat.  This did NOT go well.  At first it seemed like an emotional reunion as they hadn't spoken to each other in a long time....but things quickly went downhill from there, ----
 Lisa's emotions went from tears to bitterness and anger *because* lil' sis apparently never speaks to her...and she had to hear about her "coming out" via the media and tabloids instead of from her directly.
(I didn't even know Brat and Lisa were sisters until this incident, actually.)

this show Raised by Wolves has been my favorite new series (Lovecraft Country is likely going to rank up there as well; I've only seen 1 episode so far though)... I haven't finished the season yet but so far one of thing things I enjoy the most is that it's not easy to predict where the story is going at any given point, really... and this duo of characters "Mother" and "Father" are fascinating.

2 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

I'm debating quitting SRK. This Pertho situation is bullshit of the highest order.

from what I gather of the situation somebody said some shit to perth in PMs about his mom.  How it blew up into a ban for perth is beyond me.  Is there anything I missed that's worth talking about?

2 minutes ago, Vhozite said:

I know PlusFrames dipped too. Hopefully more come but it is what it is

I need time to reformat (and finish) my character threads, but after that I’ll get them linked or posted on here.

I doubt he'd come but I'd like to find a way to extend an invite to Pertho. Can't message people that are under ban at SRK though.

19 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

I doubt he'd come but I'd like to find a way to extend an invite to Pertho. Can't message people that are under ban at SRK though.

He’s in the 30th discord. He tagged me earlier so I’ll see if I can get ahold of him

Edit: he saw it so he’s free to come whenever he wants. Think he’s gonna chill for a while tho and really I don’t blame him.

Edited by Vhozite
New info
1 hour ago, Deadly_Raver said:

from what I gather of the situation somebody said some shit to perth in PMs about his mom.  How it blew up into a ban for perth is beyond me.  Is there anything I missed that's worth talking about?

It is a complicated situation.

Lets just say that the individual in question has been harassing him for quite a while.
Is kind of a unhinged and a nutjob and knows enough of Pertho to be a threat IRL.

9 hours ago, MillionX said:

this show Raised by Wolves has been my favorite new series (Lovecraft Country is likely going to rank up there as well; I've only seen 1 episode so far though)... I haven't finished the season yet but so far one of thing things I enjoy the most is that it's not easy to predict where the story is going at any given point, really... and this duo of characters "Mother" and "Father" are fascinating.

That season finale was strange AF.  My wife actually has a theory that the planet is caught in a time loop.