Stage Select

The DC Movie & TV Thread

Speaking to ComicBook.com's Chris Killian for her new Netflix movie Heart of Stone before the SAG-AFTRA strike, Gadot said that, as she understands it, she will be developing Wonder Woman 3 together with Gunn and Safran. "I love portraying Wonder Woman," Gadot says. "It's so close to and dear to my heart. From what I heard from James and from Peter is that we're gonna develop a Wonder Woman 3 together."

This is giving some maybe energy in context with the rest of the article. What does "from what I heard..." mean? That's not saying a deal is in place.

Edited by axeman61
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I just saw Blue Beetle.

Pros:

Xolo is charming and funny as BB. George Lopez is funny and solid in dramatic moments.

The other family members are entertaining and help out throughout the film. (Granny with a Gatling gun)

Decent action scenes.

Cons:

The final battle is very dark and hard to see 

The secondary villain is more interesting than the main one. He gets a rushed flashback scene to show his motivation but it's only 30 seconds. He should have been fleshed out more.

Overall: While it doesn't reinvent the wheel, it is very entertaining and feels like a  pre-Endgame MCU movie.

8/10

Edited by DangerousJ
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

DC Comics And The Return Of Cover Semi-Nudity In February 2024

DC Comics are promoting partial nudity on their variant covers in February 2024, as their "Sweater Weather" variant covers.

It's a new world now that Pam Lifford has left DC Comics. She arrived for the Batman: Damned batpenis incident and imposed a new sense of prudity on DC Comics. One which it seems has now been lifted somewhat…

DC Comics And Nudity

BIRDS OF PREY #6
Sweater Weather variant cover by PABLO VILLALOBOS
ON SALE 2/6/24

DC Comics And Nudity

FIRE & ICE: WELCOME TO SMALLVILLE #6
Sweater Weather variant cover by LEIRIX
ON SALE 2/6/24

DC Comics And Nudity

BATMAN #143
Sweater Weather variant cover by KEVIN WADA
ON SALE 2/13/24

DC Comics And Nudity

GREEN LANTERN #8
Sweater Weather variant cover by TIAGO DA SILVA
ON SALE 2/13/24

DC Comics And Nudity

NIGHTWING #111
Sweater Weather variant cover by NICK ROBLES
ON SALE 2/20/24

DC Comics And Nudity

SUPERMAN #11
Sweater Weather variant cover by ARIEL DIAZ
ON SALE 2/20/24

DC Comics And Nudity

TITANS #8
Sweater Weather variant cover by DAN MORA
ON SALE 2/20/24

DC Comics And Nudity

POWER GIRL #6
Sweater Weather variant cover by LAURA BRAGA
ON SALE 2/27/24

https://bleedingcool.com/comics/dc-comics-and-the-return-of-cover-semi-nudity-in-february-2024/

2 hours ago, AriesWarlock said:

Didn't see Amber Heard anywhere in that trailer.

Which makes their decision not to completely axe from the film even more mind boggling. Johnny Depp aside, Hamada wanted to get rid of her. She can't act. Her career is built off of her quickly fading looks and she's  the most hated actress in Hollywood. They tied a boat anchor to the film. The movie is going to sink like a stone just like The Flash did.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 12/23/2023 at 10:55 PM, Darc_Requiem said:

Aquaman 2 is a massive bomb. If only there was petition of near 5 million people saying they'd boycott the movie Amber Heard didn't get replaced. It could have given them a heads up to make some changes 👀

I don't have my fingers on the pulse of anything, but it's plain crazy to think Amber Heard had anything to do with this movie flopping. It's just that subpar product won't make it now.

3 hours ago, axeman61 said:

I don't have my fingers on the pulse of anything, but it's plain crazy to think Amber Heard had anything to do with this movie flopping. It's just that subpar product won't make it now.

Having the literal least popular actress in Hollywood in your film is problem. They knew this because they did their damnedest to keep her out of the marketing. She was in the first commercial for half a frame and nothing thereafter. An Aquaman film with family being one of the major pillars yet Mera all but absent after she just had a kid with Aquaman? Peter Safran knew Heard was an issue. He just chose to ignore it.

@LantisSome of the re-shoots were due to them re-booting the universe with Gunn. Similar to how they changed The Flash's ending for  same reason.  Prior to Gunn/Safran being named heads of DC Films, the previous team in charge were keeping Gal Gadot, Affleck, and Cavill.  IIRC Barry comes down the steps and his greeted by Wonder Woman, Superman, and then Bruce Wayne shows up but it's Keaton. Supergirl also shows up. They actually had part of Supergirl's ending scene in the ads for The Flash. Batman (Affleck) was trapped outside of time. From my recollection they were leading up to a "Crisis on Infinite Earths" story line.

Spoiler

Batman (Affleck), more specifically Bruce Wayne was supposed to have a scene in Aquaman 2.

Mamoa actually posted a photo on social media of him and the actor in the above spoiler on Aquaman 2's set.

Edited by Darc_Requiem
1 hour ago, Darc_Requiem said:

@LantisSome of the re-shoots were due to them re-booting the universe with Gunn. Similar to how they changed The Flash's ending for  same reason.  Prior to Gunn/Safran being named heads of DC Films, the previous team in charge were keeping Gal Gadot, Affleck, and Cavill.  IIRC Barry comes down the steps and his greeted by Wonder Woman, Superman, and then Bruce Wayne shows up but it's Keaton. Supergirl also shows up. They actually had part of Supergirl's ending scene in the ads for The Flash. Batman (Affleck) was trapped outside of time. From my recollection they were leading up to a "Crisis on Infinite Earths" story line.

Yup. Bold moves by Gunn by making WB lose millions of dollars just to give the DCEU the finishing blow and establish his universe. He better be ready to deliver results from day 1, or I doubt DC is gonna have much patience with him (especially after these last bombs)

1 hour ago, Lantis said:

Yup. Bold moves by Gunn by making WB lose millions of dollars just to give the DCEU the finishing blow and establish his universe. He better be ready to deliver results from day 1, or I doubt DC is gonna have much patience with him (especially after these last bombs)

DC Films reminds me of Sega from their hardware days. All of these IPs with talent filmmakers and they still can't get the job done. I'm not even going to blame Gunn. I blame DC for announcing his new position and reboot with a full slate of films left. They should of kept everything under wraps until the New Year.

Of course DC has just been a comedy of errors for years. The situation with Zack Snyder epitomizes their inadequacies. Say what you will about him, if you are going to hire the man let him do his job. After hiring him, they forced him to make Batman Vs. Superman when he wanted to do a Man of Steel 2. Took his cut of BvS and diced it to ribbons for the theatrical release. Used his daughter's suicide during Justice League's filming to essentially fire him for Joss Whedon. Put out Whedon's version of the movie with his name on it, and let him clock all the criticism during his grief for WB's decisions.

For all my issues I'm sure I would have with what he'd have come up with. Cough..cough..Justice League sequel leaks cough..cough. At least he had an over arching plan. He cast Jeffrey Dean Morgan as Thomas Wayne in BvS for the The Flashpoint movie he had planned. The member berries for Keaton were nice and all but I frankly rather had Jeffrey Dean Morgan as Thomas Wayne in a closer to source material adaptation of Flashpoint.

Edited by Darc_Requiem
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 3/10/2024 at 5:15 PM, Darc_Requiem said:

I mean there have only been three and Helen Slater got that godawful movie as her only chance to portray the character. So basically comes down whether you prefer her or Laura Vandervoort.

Well, actually I never thought to compare the 2 recent tv Supergirls until now.... I kinda like Laura Vandervoort a little more...she's always been more serious and intimidating, at least from what I vaguely remember.  (she has had a career pattern of always playing something non-human, btw---she was also a werewolf in "Bitten", and one of the aliens in the remake tv series "V")

In terms of pure hotness it's basically a coin-flip though; both girls are smokin hot, imo.  It's quite a shame what the CBS/CW Supergirl show turned into over the years.

...same for the CW network in general.  There hasn't been a reason for me to watch that network at all in a few years now.  All my favorite shows from there have ended at this point; Vampire, Originals, Supernatural, Smallville from early-era WB/CW, and The Flash even though that one went sharply downhill in quality after season 3 or so (and Arrow though I only watched that to check out Felicity and Those Legs)....I miss those good ol' days though, when CW had all that going on and I watched it regularly.

Edited by MillionX
  • 3 weeks later...