Stage Select

The DC Movie & TV Thread

7 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Same here, I mean even his reaction to DC jobbing him proves why he was the perfect Superman. He had every right to hit them with both barrels but he took the high road. Hell he took the highroad with The Witcher situation and they were engaged in outright character assassination of him. 

The Witcher situation was even more ridiculous because he just insisted on keeping true to the books and giving the fandom what it wanted.  They killed the show for no reason.

14 minutes ago, HD-Man said:

Captain Britain might work for Cavill 

Brian or Jamie Braddock would work for Cavill. Brian (Captain Britain) as he’s also a Himbo and Jamie because I think Cavill is a lot of untapped range which could shine due to Jamie’s eccentric and borderline sociopathic behavior. 

To anybody who seen the Flash movie, explain the ending

Spoiler

So in the end, George Clooney Batman is the one we see, as Affleck no longer exists. So what does this mean for Batman Brave and the Bold? Is Clooney starring as Batman in that or what? Ending left me a bit confused about Gunn's plans

Edited by HD-Man
1 hour ago, HD-Man said:

To anybody who seen the Flash movie, explain the ending

Hide contents

So in the end, George Clooney Batman is the one we see, as Affleck no longer exists. So what does this mean for Batman Brave and the Bold? Is Clooney starring as Batman in that or what? Ending left me a bit confused about Gunn's plans

Haven't seen the movie but...

Spoiler

Even though Barry "fixed" things not everything remained the same. And it means nothing. That's the thing that boggles my mind about Gal Gadot and Henry Cavill's cameo's being cut. It makes no damned sense. 

3 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Haven't seen the movie but...

Hide contents

Even though Barry "fixed" things not everything remained the same. And it means nothing. That's the thing that boggles my mind about Gal Gadot and Henry Cavill's cameo's being cut. It makes no damned sense. 

Spoiler

Im utterly confused cuz Gunn announced Brave and the Bold. And unless Clooney is Batman in that, the ending in no way makes sense. Especially considering the after credits seem where Mamoa is still Aquaman

8 minutes ago, HD-Man said:
  Hide contents

Im utterly confused cuz Gunn announced Brave and the Bold. And unless Clooney is Batman in that, the ending in no way makes sense. Especially considering the after credits seem where Mamoa is still Aquaman

Spoiler

Clooney isn't going to be Batman. He was going to be in the movie at all. The original cameo at the end was going to be Cavil Superman, Keaton Batman, Supergirl, and Gal Gadot Wonder Woman. 

TLDR: DC doesn't know what the fuck that they were doing. I find it ironic that they've done worse without Snyder. I mean their box office numbers have fallen off a cliff. I'm not a huge fan of his takes necessarily but it's not about me. It's about people in general and based on the numbers, he was putting buts in seats. I wish they would have left well enough alone. I was actually looking forward to Batfleck vs Joe Manganiello Deathstroke. That type of movie seemed more fitting to Snyder's "vision" IMO. 

Edited by Darc_Requiem
10 hours ago, J-ride said:

I honestly took the Flash's ending as a joke about Barry's time travel shenanigans and didn't think it was a new direction for future films.

That's the way it always should have been taken, the confusion is because of James Gunn. 

Spoiler

The reason he gave for taking out the Henry Cavill and Gal Gadot ending cameos, is that he didn't want fans to look forward to their next movies when he's not going to use them going forward.

It would be reasonable for anyone hearing that to take the ending seriously. Honestly, the reason he gave for the change makes no sense IMO.

Edited by Darc_Requiem

I mean, you can't blame Gunn for Black Adam bombing, as the reboot announcement happened after. But that reboot announcement is not helping "remaining" movies here for sure. But man, that Superman movie better HIT. It can't do anything else. It's no understatement to say that if that movie bombs, this reboot might as well be thrown in the trash.

49 minutes ago, axeman61 said:

I mean, you can't blame Gunn for Black Adam bombing, as the reboot announcement happened after. But that reboot announcement is not helping "remaining" movies here for sure. But man, that Superman movie better HIT. It can't do anything else. It's no understatement to say that if that movie bombs, this reboot might as well be thrown in the trash.

Black Adam lost money because of China's hypersensitivity. It's why i think films should budgeted to make money with out China. It needed to get to 400 million to break even IIRC and it came up just short of that. They need to stop budgeting these films at 200+ million. 

Edited by Darc_Requiem
27 minutes ago, HD-Man said:

Luthor immediately establishes himself as a problem in Superman and Lois. Wasnt sure how I'd feel about this actor in this role but he's doing ok so far. Hopefully they don't waste the character like Titans did

(wish he'd shave the beard tho)

I wouldn't tell him that though 😂At first I found his initial interaction with the other inmates to be unrealistic, then I remembered that when Tyson was locked up they had to put him in solitary because dudes keep starting fights with him. So yes, people are that stupid in reality. Given his performance thus far, they may actually be able to craft a decent season 4 in spite of the budget/cast cuts. It was only one episode but his performance was promising. I'll miss Lana next season. Sarah, not so much. Nothing against her actress but she's by far my least favorite character in the show. Actually now that I think about it.

I'll Miss

General Lane

John

Nat

Chrissy

Lana

Won't Miss

Sarah

Kyle (I don't find him annoying like Sarah, he's just kind of there)

Edited by Darc_Requiem

Budgets are gonna gut this show, Im definitely gonna miss all the ppl u mentioned but if they can still manage to tell a good story I'll overlook it

And Jordan is being a little shit. I used to hate Sarah the most but Jordan easily takes #1. Clark need to beat dat ass 🤣

1 hour ago, HD-Man said:

Budgets are gonna gut this show, Im definitely gonna miss all the ppl u mentioned but if they can still manage to tell a good story I'll overlook it

And Jordan is being a little shit. I used to hate Sarah the most but Jordan easily takes #1. Clark need to beat dat ass 🤣

Jordan annoys me at times but not nearly as much as Sarah. She makes everything about Sarah and it gets old. She's my least favorite character on the show by far. Makes me miss Morgan Edge Mancrush Kyle. While he ultimately ended up posing for a crowd after the tornado, the initial interaction at school wasn't him "bragging about being a hero." He didn't bring up the situation at all. Juniour did. All he did was comment on the situation in a way that no one took notice of but Sarah. Then snitched to her mom, and shocked that her mom would tell Clark.

She was mad that Jordan hid stuff from her. He was honest with her and now is she mad about that too. She said something to her mother that she had no business saying got slapped, lied to her dad about what she said to paint herself as the victim. "Maybe that's why dad cheated on you" deserves a slap. That was beyond disrespectful and was the most hurtful thing she could have said to her mother and she knew it. She always paints herself as the victim. She cheated on Jordan. Then had the nerve to try to make him be friends with the girl and got mad about it. It literally took her a whole damn season to realize she was in he wrong. Vineyard's don't produce as much wine as her.

She's the secondary villain of the show. I call her Gaslighter, because all she seems to do to damn near everyone in the show. I think the only person she hasn't gaslight is Nat.

5 hours ago, Jion_Wansu said:

Well, Superman & Lois is the last of the Arrowverse. It might get canceled. Who knows. We still have 6 months to 12 months to see if season 4 really happens.

It was already renewed for season 4. With substantial cast and budget cuts. The only regulars next season are the Kents and Luthor. Given the situation with the budget....I'm wondering how they are going to follow up the finale. They kind of need money to do a proper conclusion.

Edited by Darc_Requiem
17 hours ago, HD-Man said:

Was just about to post, you beat me to it. I instantly knew Corenswet would get the role when I first laid eyes on him, he looks like a younger version of Henry Cavil. 

I get their direction and all, but it must SUCK - as Henry Cavill - that they get a young dude that looks like you for a character you wanted to keep playing. I could never be an actor thanks to stuff like this. Even if I could act my way past my general unattractiveness, I couldn't survive these rejections for flimsy reasons.

Edited by axeman61
21 minutes ago, axeman61 said:

I get their direction and all, but it must SUCK - as Henry Cavill - that they get a young dude that looks like you for a character you wanted to keep playing. I could never be an actor thanks to stuff like this. Even if I could act my way past my general unattractiveness, I couldn't survive these rejections for flimsy reasons.

Henry is a much better man than I. I don't know if I could have handled this as well as he did. Given the way he's been jerked around, him taking the high road just showed what kind of dude he is. Even though she was basically taking his spot in The Flash, he was supportive of Sasha Calle. Dude is a class act. Kudos to his parents for raising a good man. He was fat geek growing up and I think that's part of what has kept him so humble.

2 minutes ago, HD-Man said:

Superman and Lois

Hide contents

Doomsday is here via Bizarro Superman. Doesn't look as badass as the Krypton (TV show) version but still looks pretty good, better than the Snyder version by a mile. I had a theory when Bizarro first showed in the containment suit just didnt predict it was go this way lmao 

Ah I had forgot about Krypton

Spoiler

The effects  work on that show was good. Surprising since it was on the Sci Fi (sp?) channel. Doomsday looked great. I thought Lobo looked good too, even though he was practical not CGI.

46 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Hide contents

The effects  work on that show was good. Surprising since it was on the Sci Fi (sp?) channel. Doomsday looked great. I thought Lobo looked good too, even though he was practical not CGI.

46 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Hide contents

Brainiac was practical and comic accurate too, the Krypton show nailed how the villains looked and behaved. Zod wasn't bad either. Shame the show got cancelled so soon just when it finally became good 

Just came up with this off the top of my head while watching a Superman & Lois season finale breakdown. A rough idea of what I'd like to see them do in Season 4.

Spoiler

Given the situation with the shows budget next season. My idea for how they can proceed is to have Superman "die" killing Doomsday in the season open. Jordan takes his body to Lara in the Fortress of Solitude. The Jordan would have to carry the hero mantle for the a couple of episodes, He would be in a new costume with a House of EL sigil. The two to three episodes would that take place over a few months via time skips. Kid of like they had a month pass between Episode 12 and 13 in Season 3. Maybe have Jordan be Superboy in Episode 2 and 3 of Season 4. Clark gets revived by Lara Lor Van (mom) who wasn't sure it was possible and kept the possibility hidden from the family. He returns in Episode 4 to see that being pressed into action has matured Jordan as a young man and hero. The family (with hopefully some John Henry, Nat, and maybe Tal-Rho guest appearances) work together to defeat Lex over the final 6 episodes.