Stage Select

Video Game Discussion Thread vol. 2

10 minutes ago, Sonichuman said:

GGs!  I figured you were getting tired cause you were shutting me down when we were first playing.

Yeah man I didn't realize how tired I was honestly until that last FT5 where I got rolled.  I was like damn I'm done.  

There was also one round where I remember you did a level 3 and I thought it was going to kill me so I got my hands off the stick and got my drink, then I had a sliver of life left and was like "oh fuck..." lol.  

25 minutes ago, purbeast said:

Yeah man I didn't realize how tired I was honestly until that last FT5 where I got rolled.  I was like damn I'm done.  

There was also one round where I remember you did a level 3 and I thought it was going to kill me so I got my hands off the stick and got my drink, then I had a sliver of life left and was like "oh fuck..." lol.  

That's why you stopped moving?  I thought you gave up or something lol.

BG3---

ah, so many tough choices just in this early part of the game... I see already that I will need to do maybe 2 or 3 variations of an "evil" character.  Currently I'm not quite sure whether or not to let a certain bad guy lay there critically injured and thus die slowly... or kill him now.  It seems like the more sinister option here is to leave him there to die slowly.

Oh yes... this is delicious.

*a bit anticlimactic but I chose to leave him there to die...I probably should have killed him just to get whatever loot he had.

Well... I am not sure what happened to the little brain creature; I guess it died in the crash; I just found Astarion so now my group is Shadowheart and him....ah, and now Gale has joined the crew.

hahaha I just tried and yep... I was able to kill Lae'zel.  I might go back to the previous save; I am not sure if I want her dead just yet though....hilarious though that right after saving her from the cage we just ganged up and murdered the bitch.

**edit---yeah I just went back and did it again.  The loot was fairly good.  Shadowheart already got her armor on now.   Gale casted the "grease" spell and then she got burned with magical fire.  Now... her charred corpse lay there smoldering on the ground as we walked off.

Edited by MillionX
44 minutes ago, Hawkingbird said:

Are you making your own leverless from scratch?

I'm not building the case or anything like that, but I went all out and spent a shitload to make a custom Jony Fraze 4TW one.  I wasn't going to go all out but sold my MK2 boardset and my busted KI1 and KI2 boardsets and had extra cash so said fuck it, I'm going all out on a leverless!

That artwork above is the bottom of the stick.

Edited by purbeast
11 hours ago, AriesWarlock said:

If you don’t want to read a Kotaku article: the games features in the MGS vol 1 collection are basically drag and drops of previous ports from previous collections onto modern consoles with no reworking like graphic upgrades or sound improvements or extras.

In other words they’re ass and not worth the money. 

Edited by iStu X

Here is an overview of the game, via Bandai Namco:

About

Combining FromSoftware’s longstanding expertise in mech games with their signature action gameplay, Armored Core VI: Fires of Rubicon brings a brand-new action experience to the series.

Key Features

• Dynamic, Omni-directional Battles – Players will pilot their mech in fast-paced, omni-directional battles, taking advantage of massive stages and their mech’s mobility on land and in the air to ensure victory.
  • Customized Parts for Individual Battle Styles – Customize Armored Core parts to suit a large variety of playstyles. Selecting different parts not only changes the mech’s attacks, but also directly affects its movement and battle style, so each mission can be approached with a unique mech strategy.
  • Thrilling Boss Battles – Deploy a wide variety of offensive and defensive tactics at close and long range to take down powerful enemy bosses.

PLAYIN BR CYBERFUNK AND theres um. cops. like jsr and only now do i realize i can cancel my combat combo into a jump which causes launcher. and im mid air with 5-O...when i realize. "heyyy. waiiit a minute. this looks like a launcher. cuz we both float once in mid air like the game expects me to do something here. sure enuff. its launcher into tag. which btw. makes the fights easier cuz once u do that the cop leaves u alone. ends their agro. and i dont haveta fully deplete their life bar anymore which is harder.

hmmm. dope

Official confirmation about the resoultion of the MGS collection from Konami

https://www.ign.com/articles/konami-confirms-metal-gear-solid-master-collection-vol-1-resolution-and-framerate

The games are actually targeting 1080p/60fps on all consoles except for Switch.  Kotaku jumped the gun and I se they have amended their article to reflect the new information.

7 hours ago, MillionX said:

the reviews on Immortals are popping up now...

...oh no that "MCU comedy lines" dialogue though... 😞 

...good thing the main action/combat of this game, along with the focus on magic still interests me.

Some cheesy dialog here and there but its not bad.  I mean, its a silly game story...I sorta think they're all kinda cheesy.  I played for a couple hours last night.  Its a pretty fun game and it looks great.  Once again everyone is having performance issues but me and maybe a few other folk.  Game runs fine for me.  Cant recommend it at this point cause only 2 hours played. 

3 hours ago, Sonichuman said:

I really wish this game did something for me but it just doesn't.  There is so much i that video that I just don't like.  The awful/laggy animations, the silly/ugly juggle animations, the fact you can barely hear the music and what you hear sucks, that basically every hit sounds identical and that hit sound effect sucks, that you can tell it's just the whole "dial a combo" thing going on, etc.

I was hoping the new MK would kinda go a different direction but it didn't.

2 hours ago, Sonichuman said:

Official confirmation about the resoultion of the MGS collection from Konami

https://www.ign.com/articles/konami-confirms-metal-gear-solid-master-collection-vol-1-resolution-and-framerate

The games are actually targeting 1080p/60fps on all consoles except for Switch.  Kotaku jumped the gun and I see they have amended their article to reflect the new information.

Not the bastions of gaming journalism!? 

star-wars-no.gif

Maybe they fast-tracked this announcement to try and save the game from all the criticism lately, I guess... but still it's surprising to hear about a new season this early

Vampiric powers... oh hell yeah I'm always down for that....a shame that's a "seasonal" thing though which presumably means it's just temporary.

36 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Couldn't hear the audio, I'm at work. Seems like Sindel is actually in MK1. Not that impostor from MK11. Shao's MK1 design >>>>> his MK11 design. Also they remembered who Shujinko was!? 

He was called "General Kahn Shao" in the trailer, and referred to as "General" at least one time from Sindel.

I believe Sindel also made reference to his dad.

I wasn't sure if that was actually Shao Kahn or a relative.

EDIT:

Shit my bad, had the name mixed up.

Edited by purbeast
16 minutes ago, purbeast said:

He was called "General Kahn" in the trailer, and referred to as "General" at least one time from Sindel.

General Kahn? So they made his last name Kahn instead of it being his title? Weird. All the "leaks" listed him as General Shao.

Edited by Darc_Requiem
11 minutes ago, purbeast said:

He was called "General Kahn" in the trailer, and referred to as "General" at least one time from Sindel.

5 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

General Kahn? So they made his last Kahn instead of it being his title? Weird. All the "leaks" listed him as General Shao.

He is general Shao.

Fan speculate that his dad might be Onaga.

13 minutes ago, purbeast said:

8 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

General Kahn? So they made his last Kahn instead of it being his title? Weird. All the "leaks" listed him as General Shao.

Liu Kang calls him Genreal Shao. Sindel just referred to him as General. 

Edit: Now I'm getting Sonic'd by other users? It never ends.

Sad Tb GIF by Hide The Pain Harold

Edited by BornWinner