Stage Select

Video Game Discussion Thread vol. 2

Ok yeah... at this point I despise that goddamn fight against Theseus and the Minotaur in Hades.  In all the times I've made it there, so far I've only beaten them twice.  I actually have more faith in eventually beating Hades himself.  

I've been back into Vampyr on occasion as well lately... I look forward to being more of a ravenous fiend on this save/playthru on Steam Deck.  Playing this again has refreshed in my memory just how drastic the difference in exp is to make "drinking" the named citizens so tempting... 

• fighting and killing random enemies =  usually 5 or 10 exp each. 
  • Feeding on the citizens = anywhere from 1200 and up on average.  A citizen being worth a few hundred points would be the "low" end of the scale.

So you can see how it really pushes that "blood lust" aspect of being a vampire.  Feeding on people will grant you WAY more points so you can get powerful as fast as possible.

12 minutes ago, MillionX said:

Ok yeah... at this point I despise that goddamn fight against Theseus and the Minotaur in Hades.  In all the times I've made it there, so far I've only beaten them twice.  I actually have more faith in eventually beating Hades himself.  

Once you get used to the fight, it gets much easier. The way I approached it is taking down the Minotaur first. I thought it was easier to dodge Theseus's attacks while taking down the Minotaur. I would also use the environment so that Theseus couldn't target me while I focused on the Minotaur.

Just finished FF7 Rebirth, im aware im late. But did they really have to give this mfer like SIX phases? Somehow the 4th one was the most annoying due to the shit camera and my lock on acting wonky

Spoiler

And that ending is wild. Aerith is dead. But like.....not dead? Very confusing and convuluted. Almost to Kingdom Hearts levels of unnecessary lmao

Somehow I doubt this but I'm ready to be surprised.  I'm kinda curious on what it is that he thinks needs to be redefined that hasn't already been done but mainstream has either ignored or been slow to recognize.

Personally I think the tide should be starting to turn more as more successful VG adaptations through TV and movies get made cause finally those people who have never touched a game and have some of those perceptions start going "...This is what games are like now?  This is what you've been playing?  Did this actually happen?". 

2 minutes ago, Sonichuman said:

Somehow I doubt this but I'm ready to be surprised.  I'm kinda curious on what it is that he thinks needs to be redefined that hasn't already been done but mainstream has either ignored or been slow to recognize.

Personally I think the tide should be starting to turn more as more successful VG adaptations through TV and movies get made cause finally those people who have never touched a game and have some of those perceptions start going "...This is what games are like now?  This is what you've been playing?  Did this actually happen?". 

I have my issues with Hideo Kojima's games but if he said something like this I'd buy it. He's unquestionably a visionary. Druckmann though? I don't he's done anything to warrant that level of confidence. Things Kojima put into MGS games years ago are coming to bare in actuality. This would show the mainstream how forward thinking and thought provoking games could be. Druckmann hasn't done anything to that level. The story telling that Naughty Dog is known for isn't even solely him. The first three Uncharted games were largely Amy Hennig's work.

48 minutes ago, BornWinner said:

Out of all the references they could’ve made, the dumbass bed fold from Freddy vs Jason wasn’t one I expected.

Out of all of Jason's kills, the bed fold is the one you have an issue with?

6 hours ago, HD-Man said:

Just finished FF7 Rebirth, im aware im late. But did they really have to give this mfer like SIX phases? Somehow the 4th one was the most annoying due to the shit camera and my lock on acting wonky

Reveal hidden contents

And that ending is wild. Aerith is dead. But like.....not dead? Very confusing and convuluted. Almost to Kingdom Hearts levels of unnecessary lmao

Don't forget that Clouds really good at deluding himself. Just keep that in mind with the ending. 

1 hour ago, Darc_Requiem said:

I have my issues with Hideo Kojima's games but if he said something like this I'd buy it. He's unquestionably a visionary. Druckmann though? I don't he's done anything to warrant that level of confidence. Things Kojima put into MGS games years ago are coming to bare in actuality. This would show the mainstream how forward thinking and thought provoking games could be. Druckmann hasn't done anything to that level. The story telling that Naughty Dog is known for isn't even solely him. The first three Uncharted games were largely Amy Hennig's work.

I don't disagree that Druckmann isn't on Kojima's level when it comes to story telling but there are few other games out there that reach the crazy political magical 8 ball thought process that goes on in that guy's head.  It's almost unfair to compare him to someone who helped make a balls to the wall action game set in his stealth espionage universe and manage to call out the MAGA movement 2 years before it happened.

I'm not going to fully discredit Druckmann either since regardless of people's feelings on ToU2, both ToU1 and ToU2 got people talking for better or worse.  I just hope whatever he and the crew try to do manages to land better cause naming dogs and people individual names isn't fully it in the context of kill or be killed.

4 minutes ago, Sonichuman said:

I don't disagree that Druckmann isn't on Kojima's level when it comes to story telling but there are few other games out there that reach the crazy political magical 8 ball thought process that goes on in that guy's head.  It's almost unfair to compare him to someone who helped make a balls to the wall action game set in his stealth espionage universe and manage to call out the MAGA movement 2 years before it happened.

I'm not going to fully discredit Druckmann either since regardless of people's feelings on ToU2, both ToU1 and ToU2 got people talking for better or worse.  I just hope whatever he and the crew try to do manages to land better cause naming dogs and people individual names isn't fully it in the context of kill or be killed.

I've liked most of Druckmann's work, but nothing he's done indicates he's going to "redefine gaming to the mainstream." From my recollection, UC4, UC:LL, TLoU, and TLoU2 are mostly Druckmann and the only one that had any sort of mixed reception is TLoU2. To be blunt, Druckmann comes off as someone that thinks he's more talented than he actually is. It doesn't mean he's not talented just not a the level he thinks.

2 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Knowing what we know about him, it probably means that the game is even more movie like than before, lol.
Side tangent.
The only thing noteworthy that he has done is to push out all the og talent that made Naughty Dog what it was.
Put the studio in shambles where new talent doesn't stay neither wants to go work there.

25 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

I've liked most of Druckmann's work, but nothing he's done indicates he's going to "redefine gaming to the mainstream." From my recollection, UC4, UC:LL, TLoU, and TLoU2 are mostly Druckmann and the only one that had any sort of mixed reception is TLoU2. To be blunt, Druckmann comes off as someone that thinks he's more talented than he actually is. It doesn't mean he's not talented just not a the level he thinks.

TLOU1 was him and other dude that left the studio
UC4 was him and Amy Henning, who also left the studio.
The game that is just him, ended being divisive and I would even say "childish" in a way in the was that managed its story telling.
Kind of puts into light that very likely the reason the other 2 games stories were better was not him.

Also.
This dude si an avid fan of Anita Sarkessian

10 minutes ago, Sonichuman said:

extra

For what I have heard, people are not happy about the game length.
NT promised it would be 8 hours, which many already felt it was very short, but the game seems to be more on the 5 hours ballpark.

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, Hecatom said:

For what I have heard, people are not happy about the game length.
NT promised it would be 8 hours, which many already felt it was very short, but the game seems to be more on the 5 hours ballpark.

That is the discourse that I've been seeing in my feed about the game.  Personally in the camp that judging a game purely on length isn't the way to go so long as the game is good.  I thought they were gonna price the game at $70 but it's actually $50 so at least they didn't try to full price the game.  I've barely seen anything about the gameplay and most of it discourse is about the length...but I've also seen "this is like playing a movie" so that may have to do with that.  Reviews aren't bad but they aren't eyepopping either and ontop of this Xbox supressing any sales of this game by putting it on gamepass Day 1 I don't see anything good coming out of this but we'll see.... 

Edited by Sonichuman
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, RSG3 said:

Don't forget that Clouds really good at deluding himself. Just keep that in mind with the ending. 

Yeah, thats definitely a HIGH possibility considering how things went down in the OG timeline. Mako already affecting him and that incident possibly broke him further 

Its so many ways they can go with this. Im intrigued if itll just be magic/multiverse shenanigans or just his fragile mind fucking with him. Only thing makes me think its the former is Red 13 seemed to have sensed "something" there

Edited by HD-Man
Posted (edited)

Get the details below.

Spoiler

Boss Challenge

The Boss Challenge pits you against the 19 bosses from the base game. Hone your skills, outwit your enemies… and brutalize them.

Progression in the Boss Challenge requires battle data from bosses you’ve previously defeated. You can also fight bosses on Hard difficulty setting after you’ve seen the ending of the game.

To start the challenge, you can either load up and use your own gear you’ve been using or choose one of several presets. Choose the minimum preset for a true challenge, which is extremely understated, or the maximum preset, which has all of your skills and stats buffed up, if you want to taunt the boss with some spectacular combat.

After the challenge is over, your battle data is automatically analyzed. You’ll see metrics like battle time, number of perfect parries and dodges, consumable usage, and more. Test your skills and compare with your friends.

If you defeat all bosses in the Boss Challenge on Normal difficulty setting or higher, you’ll get to earn the Neurolink Suit for Eve. Hats off to your strength!

New Nano Suits added

Blood, blade… and beauty. Eve can be summarized in these three words. New Nano Suits have been added to bring out her beauty even more.

The two Nano Suits above, White Kunoichi and Black Kunoichi, will be available in this new update.

And check out the game yourself for more Nano Suits.

Quality-of-Life Improvements

If you switch to ranged attack mode and switch back while locked on to an enemy, you will automatically lock on to the enemy again.

Also, we’re adding an option to always show the compass in the HUD.

Stellar-Blade_2024_05-23-24_004.jpg

Stellar-Blade_2024_05-23-24_005.jpg

Stellar-Blade_2024_05-23-24_011.jpg

Edited by AriesWarlock