Stage Select

Video Game Discussion Thread vol. 2

Cautiously optimistic about Perfect Dark. It looks far more inline with the original game that PD Zero. It seems like it may actually be good. The aesthetic is great and it seems to be a complete reboot that starts before the original game. I truly hope they nail it. I have my fingers crossed. Trailer helped wash out the bad taste of Hero Shooter Age: The Veilwatch from my palette. I really want to take biggest of L's about Dragon Age and hope it's good but damn they are making it hard.

Here is an overview of the game, via 505 Games:

WUCHANG: Fallen Feathers is a Soulslike action RPG set in the land of Shu during the dark and tumultuous late Ming Dynasty, plagued with warring factions and a mysterious illness spawning monstrous creatures.

Become Wuchang, a skilled pirate warrior struck by amnesia, who must navigate the uncertainties of her mysterious past while afflicted by the horrific Ornithropy disease. Explore the depths of Shu, enhancing your arsenal and mastering new skills harvested from fallen foes. Evolve your fighting style by sacrificing elusive Red Mercury and further develop new techniques obtained throughout your action-packed journey. Augment the weapons in your repertoire with powerful enchantments, allowing for a unique approach to combat and strategy that suits your personal style.

Battle against grotesque abominations, drawing on ancient lore to challenge the creeping darkness that threatens the humanity that remains. Your quest for truth will take you through forgotten temples, overgrown ruins, and shadowed paths fraught with peril. As you piece together Wuchang’s lost memories, your choices will lead you to one of several endings—each determined by the choices made, secrets unearthed and the allies you choose to trust.

Immerse yourself in a rich storyline, dynamic combat system, and breathtaking visuals that offer an unforgettable adventure through lands veiled in chaos and death. Will you reveal the truths of Wuchang’s curse and bring peace to Shu, or will you succumb to the encroaching horrors? The fate of the land rests in your hands.

Edited by AriesWarlock
1 hour ago, DangerousJ said:

I thought Bethesda was bought by MS and future games would be Xbox/PC exclusive.

Why is Doom: Dark Age coming to PS5?

Xbox does own Zenimax/Bethesda. But when Xbox first bought them as well as ActBlizz one of the first things Spencer said in the press releases is that Xbox will recognize and support all current multiport contracts the companies have in place for their titles. Then when the contracts are close to expiring they would re-examine everything and go from there 

Edited by iStu X

Power Rangers beat 'em up looks baller AF. The revival that the beat 'em up genre has been enjoying these last few years has been amazing.

-----

BIG Big Run in Splatoon 3 was fun. Sucks that you only get 100 seconds to kill three King Salmon but at least they take more damage. The amount of disconnects I encountered was kinda nuts though. During one BIG Big Run with 3 players I just had to ask... why couldn't the Bamboozler player have been kicked?

Kermit The Frog Reaction GIF by Muppet Wiki

----

The battle system in Sea of Stars is so much fun. Fishing and gathering ingredients for food is something I was not expecting to enjoy this much, but here I am. Also, this game is MF SEXY. Some of the most stunning sprite visuals I have ever seen. Between this and Paper Mario: TTYD, I am visually bowled over.

Season 5 Wow GIF by The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air

11 hours ago, DangerousJ said:

I thought Bethesda was bought by MS and future games would be Xbox/PC exclusive.

Why is Doom: Dark Age coming to PS5?

Because MS trained their audience to not buy games, Gamepass loses money, and PS5 owners actually buy games which actually allows them to have a chance at profit. From a business standpoint, dropping CoD on Gamepass day and date is the height of stupidity.

It's a shame they didn't give much more info on Fable yet again.  I'm wondering if they'll have more customization this time.  One complaint of the older games I had is that there wasn't much for customization.  Your character mostly looked the same aside from his/her hairstyle and clothes/armor....and they could get fat if you ate too much (which was hilarious to me).  The morality system changed the character appearance further depending on how good or evil you are.

It's also a bit of a tough sell to me since Kingdoms of Amalur was similar in some ways but already so much better and that originally came out about 12 years ago.

There is another one of those Vampire visual novel games coming out

https://store.steampowered.com/app/2658720/Vampire_The_Masquerade__Reckoning_of_New_York/

The main character this time is a woman from the Ravnos clan....and I guess that guy might be another main character that's a Caitiff (*these are like the "random select" vamps that aren't really part of any clan [basically something "went wrong" when during the embrace process, and the newbie didn't inherit the normal features and curse of the sire]... that concept is kinda boring to me though; I'd definitely rather be part of one of the clans.)

Edited by MillionX

Im really liking ghost of sushi.  Its fun.

New Doom game and Perfect Dark lookin' like they're gonna be pretty fun.  I'm sure doom will be fun...doom is always fun.  But I dunno about PD...the last one I played sucked ass.  I'll keep my expectations low.  Very low.  Next Gears of War game could be cool.  I havent paid much attention to that series in a long while but I always wanted a game about emergence day.

Selaco is really fun.  I'd recommend it to anyone that likes the boomer shooter type fps games. 

Nine Sols is a pretty good metroidvania type game.  Been playing that the last few days.

oh yeah that brought back memories----when I played that last Perfect Dark game on 360 at a friend's house back then, it was so terrible I was actually cracking up laughing at the game like "what is thissssss?!??!" 🤣 as my friend of course tried to defend it since he was a fan.

The real hype I'm still recovering from on yesterday though....NEW GEARS.  NEW DOOM.....you know these are bought DAY 1 for me.

Robert Redford Yes GIF by GritTV

Edited by MillionX
9 minutes ago, iStu X said:

😂😂😂

He says it clearly, bring their games whenever gamepass is on.
Imo is a hint that their plan is to move from consoles and eventually become a subscription service on pc and other consoles.

I watched that MGS Legacy Series vid and it was fairly insightful.  Konami addressed the elephant in the room that a good chunk of the staff that did work on prior games have left but some are still there and Delta is essentially their first real honest try at doing metal gear and a testing/proving ground for the team they have of sorts.  Essentially Delta is what they're hoping is the start for them to see if they've still got it without the people and to test to see if the fans feel they're worthy of continuing on with the franchise.  So that means if Delta shits the bed then that means MGS will be likely be put on the backburner for some time before it gets touched again.

vids

Edit: updated with more in spoiler

Edited by Sonichuman
18 minutes ago, Sonichuman said:

I watched that MGS Legacy Series vid and it was fairly insightful.  Konami addressed the elephant in the room that a good chunk of the staff that did work on prior games have left but some are still there and Delta is essentially their first real honest try at doing metal gear and a testing/proving ground for the team they have of sorts.  Essentially Delta is what they're hoping is the start for them to see if they've still got it without the people and to test to see if the fans feel they're worthy of continuing on with the franchise.  So that means if Delta shits the bed then that means MGS will be likely be put on the backburner for some time before it gets touched again.

vids

I know that for a lot of people that bridge is already burned.
A MGS without Kojima is the same as the series being dead for many, specially considering that MGS is a very personal story for Kojima, where a lot of his own personal experiences transpired into the game, the characters and their relationships.

15 minutes ago, Hecatom said:

I know that for a lot of people that bridge is already burned.
A MGS without Kojima is the same as the series being dead for many, specially considering that MGS is a very personal story for Kojima, where a lot of his own personal experiences transpired into the game, the characters and their relationships.

I get that a lot of bridges have been burned after the MGSV, Kojima's treatment, and that dumpster fire called Survive after Kojima left but it's been almost 9 years now.  I definitely don't like what happeened with Kojima but Kojima is now firmly on his feet and doing whatever he wants and we are sorely missing out on the stealth genre in this industry.  If they happen to make a new game after this then it has a huge hill to climb without Kojima's invololvement, its a task that I feel bad for anyone trying to fill those shoes on but I'm willing to see how it plays out.