Stage Select

Video Game Discussion Thread vol. 2

1 minute ago, RSG3 said:

Yea Daxter was awesome! I really miss the Jak universe. 

Daxter is available on PS5 now through their classic collections or whatever. 

Yeah, but that involves owning a PS5. I bought one and just gave it to my roommate after Spider-Man 2. When I’m at the dorms it’s just two feet away from me and yet I don’t own it. It’s weird. 

I'm not sure what "more American" means in this context when talking about Cyberpunk...I'd think its already "American" enough.   More guns?  More explosions?  A dash bit more racism with a splash of homophobia/mysogony depending on your character build?  Jets flying over periodically spraying red, white, blue jets while "God Bless The USA" plays on speakers around the city?  Everyone gets a cybernetic attack bald eagle that you can upgrade...and give a rocket launcher?

...along with a sitting President that's currently re-animated by an apparent voodoo/necromancy spell, ghettofab hoodrats with bonnets on in public acting like their shit don't stink....and most of the population being obese and lazy, and an embarrassingly soft justice system that criminals laugh about all day.  That would make Cyberpunk 100% American right there for sure. 😆

^ A clear reminder regarding the "Women don't look like that" discourse.  Often times the answer really is "some do".

vids

3 hours ago, Sonichuman said:

I'm not sure what "more American" means in this context when talking about Cyberpunk...I'd think its already "American" enough.   More guns?  More explosions?  A dash bit more racism with a splash of homophobia/mysogony depending on your character build?  Jets flying over periodically spraying red, white, blue jets while "God Bless The USA" plays on speakers around the city?  Everyone gets a cybernetic attack bald eagle that you can upgrade...and give a rocket launcher?

I imagine it will be more cultural things like the road signs in Night City are arranged the way they would be in Poland and not California. 

That would be my guess. Does that matter? Eh, to each their own. I certainly noticed driving around, but at the same time it didn't break my immersion or anything so that kind of stuff is take it or leave it content for me you know? 

But I imagine they are talking about cultural aspects of America. It's something they talked about a few times in interviews and streams and stuff. 

Edited by RSG3
5 hours ago, Sonichuman said:

^ A clear reminder regarding the "Women don't look like that" discourse.  Often times the answer really is "some do".

It's not merely confined to women although it's usually focus I remember the discourse about the how unrealistic proportions of the original He-Man and Masters of The Universe cartoon were. Which was hilarious because He-Man, Skeletor, and Teela were all rotoscoped. For the people unfamiliar, rotoscoping is when animators trace over live action footage. The three actors in center of the back row were traced over for Skeletor, Teela, and He-Man respectively.

he-man-filmation.jpg

Edited by Darc_Requiem

The man went to the house of another player of the fantasy online game ArcheAge to confront him, the Nassau County sheriff’s office in Florida said. He is charged with attempted murder.

2 hours ago, Sonichuman said:

I don't know about the lower half, but her boobs have definitely been enhanced. Still, they don't look off like some other's implants.

33 minutes ago, AriesWarlock said:

I don't know about the lower half, but her boobs have definitely been enhanced. Still, they don't look off like some other's implants.

The bottom picture out of the 2 you posted (the close up) might have been digitally enhanced if thats what you're saying but she has a lot of other pictures to compare with....

I miss the days of cool unlockable stuff being a normal thing in gaming---I was just remembering how funny it was in Gears of War 3 that there was a "sitcom laugh track" option, I think it was one of those things called a "mutator"(?)....anyway, it added audio of a "LIVE Studio Audience" to the game and that never stopped cracking me up; I played through the story mode again just for that.... I think you could have it enabled for Horde mode too.  After a shootout you'd hear an audience hollering and laughing, sometimes applauding like it was the end of an episode on a show.

Ah, I figured someone on youtube had uploaded an example of this greatness:

in campaign mode the laughs and audience sounds seemed to happen more often from what I remember....also, whenever an enemy was down and you picked them up (or you pick up an ally) there was an audience "awwwwww" sound.

20 hours ago, Sonichuman said:

Apparently the guy who bomb threat Nintendo Live did it because he was losing In Splatoon 3.

@RegH81We'll see you next year my man.

Maaaaaaaaaan. Bomb threats over Splatoon 3 Ls? Like, I get it. Game makes me mad salty when I go on a losing streak. But it's just a game. Turn the Switch off. Go outside. Take a walk or play a different game. Ain't no need for bomb threats over a Nintendo game or any game for that matter.

Spoiler

Only 39 bomb threats? For the record, I would have at least went to 70. 60 at minimum.

1 hour ago, RegH81 said:

Maaaaaaaaaan. Bomb threats over Splatoon 3 Ls? Like, I get it. Game makes me mad salty when I go on a losing streak. But it's just a game. Turn the Switch off. Go outside. Take a walk or play a different game. Ain't no need for bomb threats over a Nintendo game or any game for that matter.

Hide contents

Only 39 bomb threats? For the record, I would have at least went to 70. 60 at minimum.

I can understand the feeling, since after I see what konami releases on yugi I feel the same, 😂 

9 hours ago, RSG3 said:

I bet he's referring to the Ancient Untouchables, which are a remixed version of Bloodbornes Winter Lanturns for those who remember how fun those where. 

These can't be damaged period unless you Parry them which just makes them sooooo much better lmao. 👍

I dunno man. Looks like he was talking about testicles.

Started the Elden Ring DLC last night and it's incredible.

1PCcDY2.png

And I want to fucking thank Fromsoft for taking 2 fucking years to fix the QOL issue I explained in the above post 2 weeks ago, where you press the touch pad to open the menu but then pressed another button to close it.

IT ONLY TOOK YOU 2 FUCKING YEARS TO FIGURE OUT THAT PRESSING IT AGAIN TO CLOSE IT IS MORE INTUITIVE AND A BETTER USER EXPERIENCE.

SO FUCK YOU AND ALSO THANK YOU!

Edited by purbeast

Steam Summer sale is crazy as usual--- I see that Kingdoms of Amalur Re-Reckoning is on sale for 10 bucks... the version that has the new DLC included is around 13 bucks.

Granblue Fantasy Re-link is 41 bucks. Last Epoch = 27 bucks.

even Baldur's Gate 3 is on sale for 47.

Warhammer Rogue Trader = 32.49

Borderlands 2; forever a classic, imo  = 3 bucks!

Middle Earth Shadow of War = 2.49!

Cyberpunk = 29.99

Sekiro = 29.99

Jedi Fallen Order = 3.99

Another fun fact: Guy said he would replace the lights himself which is pretty noble of him to upfront take responsibility and the steps to replace the lights. 

With that said, stop throwing shit people. Someone could have been standing there. 

Edited by RSG3