Stage Select

The SF6 Thread: Akuma Incoming!

Just now, Hawkingbird said:

Stop perpetuating this lie.

Most of the stuff people are hit confirming is on the 19 range. You can 15 to 7 ish is iffy. 18+ is practical. 18+ mostly practice for Drive Rush because its a single button input now. Even punk when talking about hit confirming Cammy's St.Hp, which is a 17 hit frame confirm, said it was iffy in his cammy tutorial.

People are not hit confirming as much as you think they are. The only reason you think you're hit confirming shit with Marissa is that all her shit has baby cake cancel windows. Ken is up there in the baby cake stuff with his St.MK target combo and St.HP that moves him forward a bit.

image.thumb.png.aa8d10421bc0c7124cd099b9660384ca.png

17 minutes ago, Vhozite said:

Looking at the numbers for Manon I’d say this chart is pretty accurate. 

A lot of target combos have looser windows for some reason. Ken is legitimately criminal in his ability to hit confirm from buttons that matter. What's funny is that he isn't really played that way just yet.

Interesting thing about hit confirm into Drive Rush is that the hit advantage is crazy good even when canceled lateish into it. So with Ken you can hit confirm his St.Hp into DR relatively late and still get St.Mp combo.

But Cammy with her short ass St.HP got bodied in hit confirmability. capcom's dev team jerks off to Ken hentai for sure.

2 minutes ago, HeavensCloud said:

I could hit confirm Karin's cr.mk in SFV and that was 17 frame cancel window. 

Something is different and I don't know what it is. I can hit confirm that too in SF5 but for w/e reason things are way different here. Think it has to do with how hit freeze works. I don't think Karin's window is entirely 17 frames TBH. Because if you try to hit confirm that window in 6 the way you would in 5, you're gonna have a bad time.

OTOH, kinda doing it with single button drive rush is pretty possible.

1 hour ago, Volta said:

All this talk of hit confirms makes me yearn for the Zbattle days where I won most of my matches because of my reaction speed. That's just as well, because my execution was garbage. Now, 20+ years later, my reaction speed is gone and my execution is still garbage.

Git gud.

Only thing stopping your execution dreams from becoming a reality is you.

I believe in you!

Something that's really interesting about SF6 is that people that I was playing against in Super Diamond that were close to the same rank as me or around UD are now all master rank. It's such an odd feeling because I wonder what changed between 5 and 6. Do these players just work better with a game that has a universal system? SFV had a universal system but it didn't work the same across characters so maybe that created some level inconsistency? I know some people say it's easier getting to Master in this game which seems to be the case. For reference James Chen was like around 1500LP in SFV with Lucia and was constantly screaming about how bad she was lol. He always played really great against me though so it was obvious he knew what he was doing. I wonder if I could make it to master rank with Lily if I try hard enough but I find 6 to be really tough. Like its crazy how many people I played in 5 that were literally the same rank as me who are now master now it's crazy. Makes me feel so behind 😥

9 minutes ago, HeavensCloud said:

That chart kind of confirms how dumb Ken is in this game lol

What's funny about Ken is how much he basically invalidates Ryu as a character. Because the guy has basically all around better normals that cancel into more useful things.

Ken is kind of like Luke in that they're good for bad reasons. And TBH its kinda funny.

1 hour ago, Sonero said:

What's funny about Ken is how much he basically invalidates Ryu as a character. Because the guy has basically all around better normals that cancel into more useful things.

Ken is kind of like Luke in that they're good for bad reasons. And TBH its kinda funny.

And if you removed Ken from the game than a lot of people would be complaining about Luke since he's also just a way better version of Ryu.  Once they add Akuma there will be three shotos straight up making Ryu obsolete.  

It's funny though because I don't think Ryu is bad at all.   He's way better than his SFV version in my opinion, he just lacks some of the top tier cheap stuff.  As a Jamie main, the Ryu matchup is hard.  

49 minutes ago, HeavensCloud said:

And if you removed Ken from the game than a lot of people would be complaining about Luke since he's also just a way better version of Ryu.  Once they add Akuma there will be three shotos straight up making Ryu obsolete.  

Honestly Luke's design is bad too. His fireball is inordinately safe and it lets him play like a goon. Funny enough that's one thing that Ken, Luke and JP share. They all get to basically cancel into some shit with little thought at times. JP less than those two because he doesn't play that range. But Luke autopiloting fireballs is probably one of the cringiest things in this game.

Need to lab to see what the counter play actually is to that.

2 hours ago, Sonero said:

Man, Cammy gotta be the one character who gets better if you literally take moves away from her. Why she has that shitty St.HP target combo for forward HK is beyond me. They don't do shit other than randomly give you input errors.

I legit played Cammy for maybe ten minutes and had this happen so much I dropped the character.  

Ten minutes.  It's bad.

2 hours ago, Sonero said:

Man, Cammy gotta be the one character who gets better if you literally take moves away from her. Why she has that shitty St.HP target combo for forward HK is beyond me. They don't do shit other than randomly give you input errors.

@Doctrine_Dark Do you use her target combo or f.hk for anything?

The only time I've used her target combo was when it came out by accident. I legit forget that shyt is even a thing.

I really only use F.HK when I'm doing my corner drive rush combo.

Outside of that, sometimes I like to throw f.HK out to catch people whiffing certain normals from a distance. 

Both are very forgettable. 

6 hours ago, TWINBLADES said:

Something that's really interesting about SF6 is that people that I was playing against in Super Diamond that were close to the same rank as me or around UD are now all master rank. It's such an odd feeling because I wonder what changed between 5 and 6. Do these players just work better with a game that has a universal system? SFV had a universal system but it didn't work the same across characters so maybe that created some level inconsistency? I know some people say it's easier getting to Master in this game which seems to be the case. For reference James Chen was like around 1500LP in SFV with Lucia and was constantly screaming about how bad she was lol. He always played really great against me though so it was obvious he knew what he was doing. I wonder if I could make it to master rank with Lily if I try hard enough but I find 6 to be really tough. Like its crazy how many people I played in 5 that were literally the same rank as me who are now master now it's crazy. Makes me feel so behind 😥

Worrying about rank is an online warrior thing.  I only ever got to B rank or so in SF4 and I have held my own against some incredibly strong players in that game.  Even now I'm pretty sure I can stomp a fair number of people.

Just chill and enjoy your matches!

47 minutes ago, Maravilla said:

Xrd SUCKS! Strive is how gg should have been since the beginning. 

I can play both.  I enjoy both.