Stage Select

The SF6 Thread: Guest Characters? In MY Street Fighter?

Honestly, the best way to fix Ryu is to make his new palm special give him a denjin charge. All the other characters who store charges get them from comboing into them or doing a blockstring into it.

Ryu needing to stop what he is doing to get a charge is absolutely goofy. Other thing they could do is let him do specials with K normals to activate the denjin charge. Once you get a charge, then you virtually have to stop using hadoukens. Its an unproductive charge in that way. If you could choose save it until you actually wanted it, then it would go up in value.

52 minutes ago, Sonero said:

Honestly, the best way to fix Ryu is to make his new palm special give him a denjin charge. All the other characters who store charges get them from comboing into them or doing a blockstring into it.

Ryu needing to stop what he is doing to get a charge is absolutely goofy. Other thing they could do is let him do specials with K normals to activate the denjin charge. Once you get a charge, then you virtually have to stop using hadoukens. Its an unproductive charge in that way. If you could choose save it until you actually wanted it, then it would go up in value.

Exactly! This would be the best buff they could give ryu. 

• Sonero changed the title to The SF6 Thread: SnakeEyez Qualifies for CPT with Gief! JP Needs Buffs!
6 hours ago, TWINBLADES said:

What is the counter play against dragon lash? And before someone says uhhh duur just lab it I already have. Every version of the move is gay as fuck and trying to react to it or perfect parry it is whack. Regular parry is also whack too. Someone give me hope to show that I’m just fucking retarded. 

Reacting to it is how I beat it. That's a free DI whenever a Ken does one. If you can't react than use drive reversal to get him off you

8 hours ago, TWINBLADES said:

What is the counter play against dragon lash? And before someone says uhhh duur just lab it I already have. Every version of the move is gay as fuck and trying to react to it or perfect parry it is whack. Regular parry is also whack too. Someone give me hope to show that I’m just fucking retarded. 

First thing you need to know is how to differentiate between versions. 

Heavy version (+ on block) has Ken say a voice line (“how’s this” iirc) while light and medium are kinda generic grunts. Heavy is also much slower and reactable and can be jabbed. 

That’s the basics. Me and Pert discuss that move a bit here

https://discord.com/channels/834223350963896322/834223350963896325/1135729382300856341

TLDR: 

1. jab/parry/whatever on reaction
2. Recognize the sound check for heavy

3. L/M lash stuff is unsafe and probably fake anyway

4. If you’re gonna block it, block standing (treat it like a dive). 
5. Dragonlash has low crush hitbox

Also like Hawk said you can drive reversal the heavy version if you’re too late trying to stuff it.

Edited by Vhozite
1 hour ago, Illwill88 said:

I love watching snake eyes play but also hate it already seen a bunch of knee jerk reactions of people saying git gud look at snake. 

Same thing happened when he won that strive tourney with Potemkin last patch. 

Yeah SnakeEyez is on another level. He's playing with one hand behind his back and winning. He's carrying Zangief.

1 hour ago, Vhozite said:

Heavy version (+ on block) has Ken say a voice line (“how’s this” iirc) while light and medium are kinda generic grunts. Heavy is also much slower and reactable and can be jabbed. 

Probably should be added to the discussion when I complain about things. I play with my volume low since my walls are paper thin and I don't want to wake people up. So this advice is going to apply to most of you guys but I can't hear shit at my house.

😭

Also it doesn't mean shit unless you go to training mode and actually practice it. So go to training mode.

33 minutes ago, Jocelot said:

Jeah that a good top 8.  After Snake got sent to losers I thought we were for sure we'd be getting another JP supremacy moment. But Snake really dismantled  Reynald in grand finals, damn. 

And that's JP. The babbayaga of SF6. Pretty impressive

Not a Gief player but JP seems to be his worst match up. The adjustments Snake made from the Winners Finals set to the first Grand Finals set to the Grand Finals reset was insane. He went from getting beat 0-3 in Winners Finals to 3-0'ing Reynald in the Grand Finals Reset.

@SoneroDo you have a headset? Or is there just a reason you can't use one? 

Edited by Darc_Requiem
22 minutes ago, Sonero said:

I don't have one. That and my wife gets mad if something happens and I don't hear it. 👀

Need to get more acquainted with the SF6 recording tools. Its easy enough in Strive but eh, there's 300 menus in SF6 to wade through.

Ah okay, I was thinking it was because of your daughter's age and you wanting to be able to hear her. I guess I wasn't too far off the mark. 

I know this has already been jerked off but this is easily a top 10 for the history books match. Snake was literally playing SF2 while Rey was playing arguably the most annoying top tier in the game. Not only did he claw his way back but he did this while lacking the ability to abuse the universal mechanics of the game outside of regular hold parry. 

I ran into Snake a few times in SFV. Once he was playing Kage and he was immediately in my head. He double perfected me without losing a game. It fucking demoralized the fuck outa me but I was throughly impressed. He fucking hated V and played like it once a month. And he was still taking names like he loved the game with a passion. He might be the one dude who I believe carrie’s his character. 

Edited by TWINBLADES
1 hour ago, Sonero said:

the amount of people that seem too be too high to anti air with a normal is freaking dumb. Why is a dude jumping at me, I do may AA normal and it magically goes through their ass?

Honestly I've never thought regular aa's should be given to everyone, people that have a thousand resources like jp shouldn't have an invincible cr.hp as an aa, makes no sense when other grapplers or characters that are bad don't have one and have to hold the jump in. Jp has a better aa than characters who RELY on having to get in ffs. 

2 hours ago, Maravilla said:

If a characters walk speed is for example 0.043 what does that mean?

distance divided by time.   

Time is probably 1/60th of a frame judging by the decimal points.   Distance... is probably measured by the engine's 3D world coordinates, since how much 2D space a pixel represents depends on how much the camera is zoomed in or out.  Which means it's ultimately arbitrary unless you bring up the game in Unreal engine or whatever they're using.