Stage Select

The SF6 Thread: Akuma Incoming!

I was not at all expecting to get outta trials and get to Diamond 1 on day 1 of ranked. That's better than the progress I made in SF5, since it pretty much took the life of the game to make it there or beat a Master JP with Ryu 2-1, nonetheless. I think I might have some fun with ranked in SF6! 

By the way, I know Denjin Charge isn't the best install, buuuut even though I'm giving up oki, I get some nice combo opportunities! OD Hashogeki on hit crumples, so whatever I can think of before and after Hashogeki can (and has) led into solid damage.

Thanks for the advice and the encouragement to go into ranked!!

Edited by ToreyBeans

The threat title is clever.

Angry Bird is the champion of EVO, an apparent Ken player. 

But, Blanka also "won" because... now there is very likely going to be a swarm of Blanka players trying to emulate Menard's approach. 

That and even more Ken players for obvious reason. 

Admittedly, Ken really does feel like a relatively solid character (currently. I dunno what the balancing and programming staff at Capcom are planning). 

2 hours ago, misterBee said:

I'm not a Juri player but you can do qcf+LK damn near any time. Should have 0 problems getting 3 stocks.

Yea thanks. Yea she's almost not a stock character since her qcb+lk is fast as hell, is a combo ender, and is safe on block and loads a stock. 

Edited by Maravilla
21 hours ago, Hawkingbird said:

Ryu needs dirt. Characters that hover low in the current meta like Lily got bullshit that allows her to compete. I think denjin needs more uses and have it affect more moves.

I have zero awareness of what would help him at high levels of play, but just for the fun i would like

-Denjin to boost shoryuken too (without this giving devs excuse to nerf normal srk lol)

-Denjin to level up after some uses kinda like Manon's throw, like after x times become permanent or gain different more powerful effect (maybe hado +2hits, hasho armor, srk becoming even more damaging with  mini-shinsrk animation like it was SFV EXsrk)

-Maybe it being special cancellable into hado/hasho/srk?

Not sure all this would help him much at high level considering seems lot chars have lot of better stuff without need any build up, but would love it, beside get new stuff to play with i would like the concept Ryu have to work hard/struggle but then become powerful af... as now seem the work hard/struggle have no reward beside being called honest lmao

Edited by CESTUS III
38 minutes ago, CESTUS III said:

Wonder what they can do to help Zangoef too, seems lowest in most tier lists 

Never liked Banishing Flat because looks retarded though, would like if they find way to help Gief without it lol

Gief needs a command grab that doesn’t leave him a mile away and for Lariat, SA1, and SA2 to be actually functional. 

Fix that stuff and he would be significantly better without needing to give him a whole new move.

2 hours ago, Shakunetsu said:
  Reveal hidden contents

cammy 

She's not a bad looking woman but you have to be fit to pull off Cammy. You can't just be skinny. Cammy is built like a gymnast. 

As for the Ryu talk, not going to pretend to be an expert. But him being able to store 3 Denjin charges and having an EX Denjin Charge that lets him get a full stock of 3 for bar, should be a big help. Ken's run buffs all of his specials except his fireball. Denjin should buff all of Ryu's specials except Donkey kick. Maybe have Denjin Shoryken cause a juggle state on grounded opponents and Denjin Tatsu cause a hard knockdown to give Ryu more Oki. Which could also give him another way to get more Denjin charges. Hadoken, Hashogeki, and Shin Hashogeki are already buffed by Denjin Charge.

Edited by Darc_Requiem
2 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

You sure about that? Their builds seem the same to me.

Hide contents

wallhaven-ex9p3o.png

yup two model for one character the body and a head. there has been an issue also when someone in FB using peachy cosplay of ashley to a fake freya fb account that took peachy cosplay and claim it as freya then people point out to peachy that freya has no official fb page.

peachy is more on claiming that she is the model of ashley however not the face while freya cosplay ashley for short time.

1 hour ago, Hawkingbird said:

Peachy isn't claiming to have been used for Ashley. Her cosplay is all there is

What i meant on Facebook someone steal peachy cosplay of ashley and put in Freya Page. I was there in comment section then people told her that Fb page wasnt official and isnt operated by Freya

xaenR2G.png

Edited by Shakunetsu

Lily is probably the second worst character in the game. Geif is probably the worst. Lily legitimately has nothing. No combos, no drive rush, no cancelable mediums, is a chores character where almost every way to stock is minus and is meter hungry to the point of absurdity. Her one degenerate tools effectiveness is locked behind a chore. Her one guaranteed anti air normal is too finicky in neutral and comes down at a weird angle that can whiff on jump ins it shouldn’t whiff on. I don’t know what Capcom was thinking when designing this character. 

Edited by TWINBLADES
6 minutes ago, TWINBLADES said:

Lily is probably the second worst character in the game. Geif is probably the worst. Lily legitimately has nothing. No combos, no drive rush, no cancelable mediums, is a chores character where almost every way to stock is minus and is meter hungry to the point of absurdity. Her one degenerate tolls effectiveness is locked behind a chore. Her one guaranteed anti air normal is too finicky in neutral and comes down at a weird angle the can whiff on jump in it shouldn’t whiff on. I don’t what Capcom was thinking when designing this character. 

I'm mad that she has a DP that can't function as a reversal. Like fucking why!? 

21 minutes ago, TWINBLADES said:

no drive rush

What I don’t understand is how grapplers can’t get oki off command grabs but then also have to have a terrible drive rush. Like cmon isn’t that double dipping? 😆

Juri gets to place a fireball then warp across the screen into my face but grapplers get sent to another zip code for doing their main gimmick?

4 hours ago, Hawkingbird said:

I'm mad that she has a DP that can't function as a reversal. Like fucking why!? 

I’ve seen mfers on Twitter say she doesn’t need it. This was brought up when James Chen was bitching about Kim getting hers taken away. But unlike Kim, Lily is not putting you in insane mid screen mix ups. Even when Kim is forced to use DR to go for a high/low she can still hold on to her meter for shit that actually matters.

4 hours ago, Vhozite said:

What I don’t understand is how grapplers can’t get oki off command grabs but then also have to have a terrible drive rush. Like cmon isn’t that double dipping? 😆

Juri gets to place a fireball then warp across the screen into my face but grapplers get sent to another zip code for doing their main gimmick?

This is something that makes 0 sense to me too. Juri is a better fucking grappler than Lily it’s actually insane. When Juri back throws you she gets DR oki. When Lily back throws you I’m now on a Mortal Kombat stage because I’m too fucking far away to do anything. On top of this Lily DR is an embarrassment. Watching Ken instant transmission from full screen with stand strong makes me want to step on a plant. And I’m not talking just any plant I’m talking about the prettiest plant!!!!

I want Lily to be broken next year!!!!!!

I don't understand how people are surprised that characters like ken jp etc. have better oki than grapplers, how they're surprised that gief,lily have worse close games than zoners etc. I mean...the producer chose Luke as the sf6 protagonist and almost chose modern as default without classic controls, dudes a shit show. 

On 8/25/2023 at 2:00 PM, Vhozite said:

Gief needs a command grab that doesn’t leave him a mile away and for Lariat, SA1, and SA2 to be actually functional. 

Fix that stuff and he would be significantly better without needing to give him a whole new move.

That would be cool, maybe the command grab could be Russian Suplex, they could just have Gief NOT bounce so backward after the slam 

And maybe give it specific imput rather than share same with Siberian Express... both hcf+K or hcb+P are avaible options 

That way from close RS would have that use while SPD will be about pure murder single damage lol 

On 8/25/2023 at 3:18 PM, Darc_Requiem said:

As for the Ryu talk, not going to pretend to be an expert. But him being able to store 3 Denjin charges and having an EX Denjin Charge that lets him get a full stock of 3 for bar, should be a big help. Ken's run buffs all of his specials except his fireball. Denjin should buff all of Ryu's specials except Donkey kick. Maybe have Denjin Shoryken cause a juggle state on grounded opponents and Denjin Tatsu cause a hard knockdown to give Ryu more Oki. Which could also give him another way to get more Denjin charges. Hadoken, Hashogeki, and Shin Hashogeki are already buffed by Denjin Charge.

Denjn Tatsu could be fun lol

Did'nt thought about it because i ever imagined Denjin stuff done with hands, was also thinking SFV  Denjin Renki where he get buff on hado and srk, plus his punches (but not kicks) were buffed by it

SF6 Denjin not buffing srk imho it's the most bizzarre, if we think Lv3 Shin Shoryuken get a Denjin version on desperate mode lol

Actually would like if current Denjin Shin Shoryuken was just a power up (by denjin charge active) version of regular shin shoryu, kinda like denjin Lv1 and Lv2 already do, and desperate lv3 got an unique finisher animation 😁