Stage Select

The SF6 Thread: Akuma Incoming!

2 hours ago, elliephil said:

Reading combo threads in 2007 be like:

cr.fierce /\ j.jab, j.strong, j.fierce xx air s1 \/ jab, strong, fierce, df.hp /\ j.strong, j.fierce, air s2, BT Tag, cr.fierce, cr.s1, Tag, dash /\ j+d.[H] xx super

Perfect.  I don't have to stop and think every 2 seconds about what I'm reading.  

7 hours ago, Doctrine_Dark said:

When you thought you successfully countered the Drive Impact...only to realize you don't have enough health to absorb the impact

This thread told you, months ago, that you should be reacting with parry.

Now, why did you think of the great advice us low level players told you, Mr Fancy Pants good Cammy?

On 5/10/2024 at 6:14 PM, Phantom_Miria said:

"Hey, Capcom! Are you going to buff Lily, considering how trash she is, or what?"

Capcom:

Not to be too nitpicky but having the opponent face down & ass up on the KO kinda takes me out of the cool new Raging Demon animation 😔

18 hours ago, elliephil said:

Reading combo threads in 2007 be like:

cr.fierce /\ j.jab, j.strong, j.fierce xx air s1 \/ jab, strong, fierce, df.hp /\ j.strong, j.fierce, air s2 \/ BT Tag, cr.fierce, cr.s1, Tag, dash /\ j+d.[H] xx super

Wtf is this notation 

1 hour ago, Dragonfave723 said:

Ken Bogard mentioned in this video (in French btw) that a Capcom rep told him that they would reveal the entire Year 2 roster lineup, right when Season 2 begins.

@27:40 

Tbh i was expecting that, regardless if is true the first leak forced their hand or not to reveal all S1 on launch, at this point do a S2 without reveal names would make fans angry

Best news would have been confirmation of characters number, hope S2 will not be lame ass 4 again

Wish we will get reveal this 22th, but guess we will get nothing... on bright side reveal and 1st char will likely come together

Akuma does almost nothing for me, wait till July/August is going to be looong ass wait lol

1 hour ago, BornWinner said:

Capcom must be really confident in this lineup then. Crossing my fingers for Makoto or Cody.

I think is more about transparency to not get audience pissed (or worse get audience refusing to buy Season Pass till they see everybody), but yeah transparency force them also to build up a season they think will sell well... wich is'nt necessary best thing (because may make them scared to do some bold/unpopular but necessary picks), but still cool stuff ahead

26 minutes ago, Jocelot said:

I really like that they're showing all the characters at once. You can still get hyped and speculate off full reveals tbh

Yeah we may get even more surprise than first time... maybe we will know just names, and get silhuette thing that does'nt hide identity but hide new redesign wich in SF6 is big deal

Season 1 we knew from begin all new looks thanks to the leak

Only thing that may be bit risky may be total New character getting only the name and silhuette, but personally would find it intriguing try to guess what char/nation/fightstyle is about... wonder how much we would have guessed right about new faces with only name and silhuette lol

2 hours ago, CESTUS III said:
4 hours ago, BornWinner said:

I think is more about transparency to not get audience pissed (or worse get audience refusing to buy Season Pass till they see everybody), but yeah transparency force them also to build up a season they think will sell well... wich is'nt necessary best thing (because may make them scared to do some bold/unpopular but necessary picks), but still cool stuff ahead

I just remembered. The entire roster for this game was leaked including the first season. While it was unintentional and there is no way to know if they would have done it beforehand, the DLC being revealed already worked out very well for them all things considered. It sparked interest in how they would play and got fans hyped especially when they could play the game through betas. With how positive this mistake has been, I feel Capcom will be transparent with every following season. 

47 minutes ago, BornWinner said:

I just remembered. The entire roster for this game was leaked including the first season. While it was unintentional and there is no way to know if they would have done it beforehand, the DLC being revealed already worked out very well for them all things considered. It sparked interest in how they would play and got fans hyped especially when they could play the game through betas. With how positive this mistake has been, I feel Capcom will be transparent with every following season. 

Yeah what i was saying is essentially if parents give you 5$ you're happy kid, but if they get you used to 10$ switch to 5$ afterward will make you bitch because seems get -5 rather than +5 lol

Regardless what was their original idea for seasons, now they're stuck with trasparence or people will bitch in mass

Wich again have pros and cons

Transparency please immature shit i am that i want to know/seen as much as possible as soon as possible, but i feel would probably prefer a season selection that was'nt "designed" to be sold in advance

Like i don't even play Honda and yet i'm happy he made it to vanilla cast because otherwise i fear could have not done it (or very late as in SFV) as DLC and same  goes for the kind of "uncool" characters like him, twice as much if devs don't return to 6 chars model

Transparency or blind would have bought SP anyway, so was'nt any deal breaker to me

2 hours ago, purbeast said:

I just hope we get a god damn wifi filter with the Akuma patch.  Since they are adding juke box stuff, they can add a wifi filter as well especially considering all the functionality already exists in the game.

It's crazy to me how in Master ranks people are playing on wifi. It's very clear that they care about getting better at the game and I'm almost certain they have heard the wired vs wifi speech before.

Some people choose chaos.

Posted (edited)
48 minutes ago, elliephil said:

It's crazy to me how in Master ranks people are playing on wifi. It's very clear that they care about getting better at the game and I'm almost certain they have heard the wired vs wifi speech before.

Some people choose chaos.

Some wifi can be perfectly fine.  But I know when I do accept a wifi match in casual after not finding a ranked one, like 75% of the time there is a huge hiccup somewhere in the first match and that right there just ruins it for me.  I'll finish out the match then just leave.  And that definitely happens more than not when I accept wifi.  And I'm on 4-5 bar matches too.

I simply will not accept wifi in ranked though.  I will only do wired.  

I don't know about master in ranked yet though, just a diamond 5.  I need to just play it more to get into master.  The NBA playoffs have been taking up a lot of my SF6 time the past few weeks too.

Edited by purbeast
12 minutes ago, purbeast said:

The NBA playoffs have been taking up a lot of my SF6 time the past few weeks too.

Between NBA and hockey playoffs, I've been lacking on the sf6 progress as well haha.

For me, playing on wifi even if it's "good" weighs heavy on my conscience while playing only because I know those hiccups or missed techs or whatever happen more frequently. I get mentally flashbanged by wifi connections lol

57 minutes ago, elliephil said:

Between NBA and hockey playoffs, I've been lacking on the sf6 progress as well haha.

For me, playing on wifi even if it's "good" weighs heavy on my conscience while playing only because I know those hiccups or missed techs or whatever happen more frequently. I get mentally flashbanged by wifi connections lol

NHL season ended for me after the Caps got swept lol.

Posted (edited)
59 minutes ago, purbeast said:

NHL season ended for me after the Caps got swept lol.

I'm holding out for a Canadian team to make it to the finals. The Leafs losing in overtime of game 7 still stings a little, especially since I live in Boston now lol

Edited by elliephil
1 hour ago, elliephil said:

I'm holding out for a Canadian team to make it to the finals. The Leafs losing in overtime of game 7 still stings a little, especially since I live in Boston now lol

The Leafs losing stung but it's happened so many times now I'm used to it.  I'm throwing all my support behind Edmonton now.  

1 minute ago, HeavensCloud said:

The Leafs losing stung but it's happened so many times now I'm used to it.  I'm throwing all my support behind Edmonton now.  

The fact they took Boston to game 7 after getting destroyed all regular season and to lose it all in overtime is what sucks the most. I think Edmonton will take it to Game 7 against Vancouver honestly.