Stage Select

The SF6 Thread: Guest Characters? In MY Street Fighter?

2 hours ago, elliephil said:

Shades of sf4 haha Nice tech!

Isn't that the smash guy? He would post Tron Bonne tech in SRK during Vanilla and some of Ultimate  too.

OS fighter 6, lets go.

😤

36 minutes ago, Sonero said:

Isn't that the smash guy? He would post Tron Bonne tech in SRK during Vanilla and some of Ultimate  too.

Honestly, I have no idea. I can barely put a name to a face. I do know that "VGBootcamp" is a big smash thing. 

Which brings up something I was thinking about... I think it's safe to say that a sizeable amount of people playing fighting games now are Smash transplants. I want to say I noticed it way more after a certain global event in 2020.

Posted (edited)

I have no clue why people are saying Akuma is broken, he's upper mid. Never played sf4 but I played Akuma and Laura in sf5 for like half a year, sf5 Akuma was top tier, he had real red fireballs,he had cr.hp and f.hp which was safe on block PLUS you got a combo if it landed, you had the demon flip throw which tokido landed a couple times on Evo grand finals, here all that got taken away and we get a gimmick teleport lol. 

Edited by Maravilla
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Maravilla said:

I have no clue why people are saying Akuma is broken, he's upper mid. Never played sf4 but I played Akuma and Laura in sf5 for like half a year, sf5 Akuma was top tier, he had real red fireballs,he had cr.hp and f.hp which was safe on block PLUS you got a combo if it landed, you had the demon flip throw which tokido landed a couple times on Evo grand finals, here all that got taken away and we get a gimmick teleport lol. 

It's too early to make that claim IMO.

I know I'm getting bodied by a lot of solid Akuma's in general though.  But a lot of that is because I am learning the matchup and his buttons.  I am CONSTANTLY getting counter hit way more than against any other characters, simply because I don't know when it's my turn yet and the ranges on a lot of his attacks.

Edited by purbeast
1 minute ago, Reticently said:

While there's nothing mechanically interesting about this clip, I still have to believe it's a real fucking punch in the gut to have happen to you, lol:

Sunshine clips make me miss Alex. He'd always drop these crazy Alex parry videos in SFV. You knew they had to piss his opponent off. Probably felt like they were getting trolled.

10 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

I'm absolutely awful with her, but I'm having fun playing A.K.I.

Yeah, I haven’t really played much SF6 since last August, but AKI brought me back into it. Still haven’t hopped onto ranked yet because I haven’t had too much time to lab her, and I have no idea what I’m doing, but she’s been a lot of fun so far… Ranked may prove otherwise 🤣

Joke aside i'm legit curious about that unexpected/controversial pick, because solid chance end up one of most interesting additions(Ed in S1 is good example)... guess them wanting somebody they think will enrich the cast (something i care much more than add this or that char because "legacy"/fanbase) rather than just blowjob fans throwing at them whoever is very requested regardless if he's truly needed or not

Make me also hope S2 will be more than 4-shit, take the risk of add unpopular char is definitely less on a season with more additions, because offer more candies and shorter waiting in between

One sure thing there will be huge internet bitching regardless who/how many the S2 chars are, but if they really plan to have some balls and do that unpopular pick move done with S1 4-char model where people will cry months before the char and months after the char till next content is'nt going to be nice, specially considering they made clear how big inve$tment is do new characters in SF6

I want an interesting S2 as much as possible, but i also need it to be successful in order to get fat S3 S4 etc

Even if so many missing easy money waifus hint they already planned many seasons lol

But final thought wish at least people will have the intellectual honesty to admit every fucking single SF6 character so far have been done with EXTREME cure/quality, so SF6 devs should at least get benefit of the doubt...

Like i'm Akuma hater that would have preferred almost anybody else instead, yet i've no problem admit they made most interesting version ever of him

LAST thing i need is Sakura to join too, yet will happen and reality is will be still bit curious to see what SF6 is going to do with it if(when) she will be added

I mean will rant like anybody else if S2 picks are crap, but will still have to admit if somebody will be able do make it less crap is SF6 devs

Said that let's pray S2 is great selection 6 chars

1705405489388?e=2147483647&v=beta&t=FGWe

12 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

I'm absolutely awful with her, but I'm having fun playing A.K.I.

She's my favorite character design so far in SF6 by a good margin, but I spent one training room session trying her out and realized her execution wasn't going to click for me ☹️

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Reticently said:

She's my favorite character design so far in SF6 by a good margin, but I spent one training room session trying her out and realized her execution wasn't going to click for me ☹️

I've accepted my scrub nature and just play who I have fun with. I was playing Cammy and she was fine....but I don't know. I don't vibe with her completely. A.K.I. is squirky but the fact that she's different keeps my interest. I thought about going back Dee Jay but after the Season 2 update, he disappeared from the character selection screen 👀

Edit: @VhoziteI don't know if the internet is ready for RE Engine Laura 🤣

Edited by Darc_Requiem
51 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

I've accepted my scrub nature and just play who I have fun with. I was playing Cammy and she was fine....but I don't know. I don't vibe with her completely. A.K.I. is squirky but the fact that she's different keeps my interest. I thought about going back Dee Jay but after the Season 2 update, he disappeared from the character selection screen 👀

Edit: @VhoziteI don't know if the internet is ready for RE Engine Laura 🤣

I’ve tried y a couple times and I agree nothing wrong with the character but just kinda meh on her. Since coming back I’ve mostly been splitting time between Manon and Chun, but also labbing characters I’ve never really tried before. Like Marisa is really cool, tho I haven’t taken her online yet.

I like to imagine RE Laura is kept  in a “break glass in case of emergency” box for when Capcom has a slow month selling costumes lol. 

Posted (edited)

I can see it now. Laura gets announced.

Internet

erection GIF

Edit: I'm actually curious what Elena would look like in SF6. The comments around how they designed Kimberly are encouraging for Elena. Some times Elena gets hit with that live action Storm treatment.  You know,  instead of this 👩🏾‍🦳  You get one of these 👩🏽‍🦳👩🏼‍🦳

Edited by Darc_Requiem
3 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Edit: I'm actually curious what Elena would look like in SF6. The comments around how they designed Kimberly are encouraging for Elena. Some times Elena gets hit with that live action Storm treatment.  You know,  instead of this 👩🏾‍🦳  You get one of these 👩🏽‍🦳👩🏼‍🦳

Elena was the only reason I was kind of excited about that fake leak.  I really want to see what Capcom can do with her in SF6.  

Posted (edited)
34 minutes ago, HeavensCloud said:

Elena was the only reason I was kind of excited about that fake leak.  I really want to see what Capcom can do with her in SF6.  

Hopefully Elena is the WTF character Capcom is hinting at. Somebody has to keep Akuma from getting too grouchy. She can hit him with the Satsui no Shiwase (Surge of Happiness). 

tumblr_pmty5xAVQ01y1vxfko4_540.gif

"1000 Kisses, 1 Hug, in 1 instant" 👩🏾‍🦳

Edited by Darc_Requiem
Posted (edited)

Marisa seems so much better when everyone else besides me is using her lmao. Way less braindead than I thought she was. Also I have never hated lows more than I do playing this character Jesus Christ lol

Joking aside, I think this character is really cool. She does a lot of things I really like in FGs but tailored for SF6. I love that she does lots of “chip damage” in the form of devouring chunks of the opponents drive gauge for blocking her attacks, and I love how her high damage means that stray hits from her actually matter and add up FAST. It feels like everyone is always going for some minute long 20 hit multi drive rush combo ending in super…meanwhile Marisa punches you really hard 2-3 times and hey you lost 40% lol. 

Edited by Vhozite