Stage Select

The Wrestling Thread

56 minutes ago, Psychoblue said:

WWE ahead of the NFL shocked me, much less THAT far ahead. 

Doesn't shock me at all. The NFL is highly regional. Outside of a couple of countries in Europe. (UK and Germany) the fandom is almost entirely confined to North America. WWE has global appeal. The NFL being ahead of the NBA took me by surprise though. The NBA and basketball in general is more popular outside of the US than our brand of football. There are also more international athletes, including some of it's biggest stars, playing in the NBA.

2 hours ago, scorp said:

What a retarded tweet. 

Company is 3 years old WWE had 20 years of no wrestling competition.

Sorry for "defending" AEW so much, but these are such bad faith comments.

Wwe also have like 5 shows on and multiple streaming services they appear on. 

7 hours ago, Grimmjow316 said:

Ahead of the EPL is a bigger shocker to me.

I showed the tweet to a friend of mine in the UK via India. He asked me a question that made me think about Romans quip to Vince last year about his next contract. 

“Does this mean Roman Reigns is the biggest athlete globally?”

MINIMUM the regulars in WWE should be making 10 mill if those are the eyeballs they’re getting. 

Jesus, Logan Paul is HIM. That Buckshot Lariat was SMOOTH. I liked his better than Hangman's version. He's only had 3 pro matches so far which is crazy, there are ppl who've been wrestling way longer that can't do what he does 

And that match  could've reached 5 star status if not for the overbooked, interference shenanigans. Him and Roman were cooking before that. 

In summary: Logan Paul is legit. 

Logan Paul impressed the hell out of me tonight. I didn't see his past 2 matches so I didn't know how good he was other than hearing about it. 

I'm shocked at how good he is and I hate to give him props because I think the Paul brothers are the typical rich white frat boy douchebags but to be fair,  I can not believe how good he is. There are many in the WWE now who have been in NXT and the main roster for a few years and you can tell who is still green and who isn't, who still can't cut a promo, who still come off with no charisma or any great ring work but this guy is just 3 matches in his career and he looks like he has been doing this for years.  

I did not expect this match to be that good, it was the match of the night by far and Logan was not obviously carried here like many must've expected. 

worst match of the PLV was the damage ctrl match. That was sloppy and boring. What is interesting about this feud though is that it looks like they are slowly building Asuka vs Shirai, hopefully at Mania. 

Edited by zatalcon3

Tony Khan yet again saying Punk had nothing to do with Colt's situation (which he also admitted prior at the previous scrum when he should've set things straight when Nick said it). Which ppl conveniently ignored 

You pretty much got your confirmation that rumor came from someone in the Elite's camp, most likely Nick and it spiraled from there 

https://twitter.com/WONF4W/status/1594212538912079872?t=-JNN7DhSovb4cCrO8urjww&s=19

Yep, old school mentality, MJF never breaks character. Hopefully Khan books him properly, this run here will change the course of AEW.

If Khan messes this up, MJF goin to WWE for sure but he'll definitely stay if he's presented and most importantly paid properly. Do everything to keep MJF happy, he's THE guy lol

9 hours ago, Lantis said:

They were in Chitown and getting heat so I guess they were just playing to the crowd

MJF always used Punk's lines and did the snow angel taunt after he won the belt. Khan has said nothing but good things about Punk as of recently too

I can't confirm anything but I feel something is in the works. I could be wrong tho