Stage Select

The Wrestling Thread

5 hours ago, iStu X said:

The fact we’re just now getting this Roman after him being in the company for so long is absolutely fucking criminal 

lol this female Puroresu twitter account i follow who mainly talks dragon gate asked if this was asmr lmfao 

I watched the Nick Gage ep of Dark Side of the Ring.

Watching that episode actually made me like Nick less. It's great that he's trying to get back on track and turn his life around after hitting rock bottom, but he just seems like a guy who didn't figure out that hardcore wrestling is booked just like any other match. He just came off as insecure that "____ is tougher than me!? I'LL SHOW HIM!" when the other guys probably just wanted to have as good a match as possible for the pay they were (or weren't) getting.

I felt bad for Arquette because he was willing to do business as long as Nick didn't resort to his sloppy slices and gouges and just kept it to bludgeons and table spots where he wouldn't get cut.  Nick said one thing and then admitted he was planning on doing another, and the whole time David had to finish a match with someone who didn't want to do business with him anymore despite already getting paid and taking the man's dinner offer beforehand.  Imagine if Nick tried that crap on someone like the Steiners, and that's probably exactly why Nick has had no major rivalries with anyone who went on to do something of note other than Moxley.  

Edited by Psychoblue
26 minutes ago, iStu X said:

Why

In a situation that I can absolutely emphasize with, he said that he was a better high-flyer than Io and everyone assumed he was just shitting on Io out of pocket rather than the more likely case that he was just trying to be real in his viewpoint.  

1 hour ago, Maxx said:

😂😂😂 He deserves to get dunked on. If he feels so insecure in his skills compared to io he deserves it. 

Oke if you got the skills of will or ricochet its borderline rediculous to get caught in your feelings

Insecurity is a very common thing in professional wrestling especially if you're a cruiserweight.  The big guys always get preferential treatment and there's so much they can do to get bigger, so they have to work harder than everyone else to get noticed where if you're 300+ you just have to worry about not legitimately killing someone.  

1 hour ago, Psychoblue said:

Insecurity is a very common thing in professional wrestling especially if you're a cruiserweight.  The big guys always get preferential treatment and there's so much they can do to get bigger, so they have to work harder than everyone else to get noticed where if you're 300+ you just have to worry about not legitimately killing someone.  

If it was comparing a big guy to ricochet sure but io?? He's mad because io comments. Lmfao. Trolling him is light work 

On 5/24/2021 at 11:57 AM, Maxx said:

The perv speaks... Remember the victims were never interviewed so this is just one persons side. He may be innocent but he was speaking to underaged people in dms and wwe/police never vetted the story 

https://www.ringsidenews.com/2021/05/24/velveteen-dream-addresses-accusations-that-derailed-his-wwe-nxt-career/

Having read his story...there's some credibility to his claims because pro wrestling schools are so unvetted these days that you have numerous guys and girls start wrestling as young as 10 years old.  Toni Storm and Pete Dunne have both been at this since they were at least 12.  Once you make it to the E, it's best you significant curtail your social circles and leave it to the people you absolutely trust, because you never know who exactly is behind the screen of a stranger.  

45 minutes ago, Hawkingbird said:

WWE would fire the only play by play guy they have who's actually decent at his job. If he sticks to wrestling go to Impact or AEW where commentary needs all the help it can get.

He would automatically be the best commentator on the show if he went to AEW. Honestly Tony brings nothing to the table and  Jr for as entertaining as I find him when he’s shitting on the in ring stuff just feels out of place. I personally am not a fan of Excalibur but I know he’s popular with that audience, finally they don’t need a three man booth especially when most of the time one of the managers (Tazz & Callis) join in making it more cluttered.

The only commentator that really bothers me in WWE is Michael Cole. And not for the reason you’d think cause the reason I don’t like him isn’t his fault. 

WWE handcuffs so much of his broadcasting ability that it’s super disheartening. Listen to one of his recent broadcasts during a RAW or PPV and then go and listen to his commentary during the UK Tournament. He’s a completely different commentator on the UK broadcast and I mean that in every positive way possible. 

hell, go back to the Smackdown era when he and Taz were at the desk. They were the best commentary duo in wrestling. And while yes, Heyman and pre-recording helped with that a lot but it showed how good Cole is and how great of a commentator is when given the opportunity and freedoms to. 

if wwe actually let him commentate like he wanted to or the way we know he can he would run absolute circles around everyone in the business. Which is why it’s so frustrating to hear him throw around catch phrases and brain cell killing commentary for hours on RAW. 

Edited by iStu X