Stage Select

The Game Music Thread 🎵

@Darc_Requiemif you into 8 / 16 bit songs i fully recommend the Kunio Kun  series for the  8 and 16 bit consoles. 

Not only that it's a franchise i am a big fan of ,they have some of the best games out there that of course come with some fantastic soundtracks. These are just a few examples.

Edited by Skort
3 hours ago, KingTubb said:

Not a bad station, plus all the backdrops are SNK fighter backgrounds @misterBee

Maybe you'll find the next stage for the site there 👀

They're probably using the same couple of background collections that I use.

Doesn't matter though -- I build my own from scratch now.  I have ASCENDED.

New theme coming...soonish?  I've been a bit busy lately. 

3 hours ago, RegH81 said:

Sitting on Clouds has the music to Ghosts 'n Goblins Resurrection. I always wanted to check it out after hearing bits of the Stage 2 arrangement from Ghouls 'n Ghosts. I haven't bought the game yet but the music is pretty good.

also looks like they got P5 Strikers OST as well.

On 1/30/2021 at 4:19 PM, Sonichuman said:

I know people have probably heard of the Black Materia album before...well GameChops worked with MegaRan to remake the album apparently.

It's crazy how far Megaran has come. I remember when he was simply known as Mr. J back in sixth grade and he would break into freestyles at random during class. Kinda sucks that kids today won't get to experience his class because he always made it fun, but seeing his success as a rapper is nice to see.

5 hours ago, Makrow said:

It's crazy how far Megaran has come. I remember when he was simply known as Mr. J back in sixth grade and he would break into freestyles at random during class. Kinda sucks that kids today won't get to experience his class because he always made it fun, but seeing his success as a rapper is nice to see.

You were a student of Megaran's back in back in the day?

That Breath of the Wild Less is More video summed up my feelings on the game's music perfectly. Some honestly don't get how much thought goes into the choices behind the music of certain games. Constant music for BOTW would have felt so out of place for the kind of game it is.

Ahem. Anyhoo, Bravely Default II music is on Sitting on Clouds.

1 hour ago, RegH81 said:

That Breath of the Wild Less is More video summed up my feelings on the game's music perfectly. Some honestly don't get how much thought goes into the choices behind the music of certain games. Constant music for BOTW would have felt so out of place for the kind of game it is.

Ahem. Anyhoo, Bravely Default II music is on Sitting on Clouds.

There's more good memorable music in BotW then most people think...it's just mostly not tied to the Overworld like the previous games.  I personally would have prefered they struck a better balance between ambiance and melody for the overworld but considering the type of game that it is and what they're going for it's probably for the best that it was done the way it was.  It really makes it so that audio cues are for more important when exploring in that game especially when it comes to Kass and discovering new areas and I think that video even touches on that.