Stage Select

Retro Gaming Thread (pre PS3/XB360)

scorp

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I watched a SNES Drunk video of Maui Mallard. 
Man that game was gorgeous, which makes sense as I remember it coming out near the end of the SNES life.

I had no intentions of playing it though lol PS1 was coming out and I wanted to play fighting games instead of this damn Donald Duck game.

I remember walking into a Walmart or something and that was the only SNES game they had for sale, in my head I knew the SNES was on it's final days lol

My last SNES game was actually SFA 2. Wasn't crazy about it like the other SF games on the console, as I knew better versions of the game existed, and it just tided me over till I bought my PS1 (yes, I know the PS version of A2 is still inferior, but LEAGUES better than the SNES version)

The SNES version just felt clunky and slow as shit (not to mention the weirdly placed loading times)

I spent a huge chunk of my 2020 playing through a lot of Musou games I hadn't tried yet.  Dynasty Warriors is my fave non-FG IP ever and it was nice to go back and play some of my fave entries while also going more into Samurai Warriors, which had always been on my to-do list.  

That franchise really peaked during the end of the Ps2 era.  Everything 7th gen and after just wasn't the same.  

On 12/11/2020 at 12:21 PM, Lantis said:

My last SNES game was actually SFA 2. Wasn't crazy about it like the other SF games on the console, as I knew better versions of the game existed, and it just tided me over till I bought my PS1 (yes, I know the PS version of A2 is still inferior, but LEAGUES better than the SNES version)

The SNES version just felt clunky and slow as shit (not to mention the weirdly placed loading times)

Hhahaha Alpha 2 was also my last SNES game. Man I think it cost my parents over a hundred bucks at the time. I didn’t get a new console from SNES till the DC, so I had to wait a while for quality fighting games at home.