Stage Select

Wake up Samurai: the Cyberpunk 2077 thread

I really need CDPR to drop their Janurary patch yesterday. Ove never gotten the T Pose glitches before, got two of em in 5 minutes and whenever i jack and take control of a camera my Corpo gets rooted to the spot and cant move from when im done. 

It's like the games performance is getting worse somehow. 

Also striking an explosive container shouldnt set then off. That's dumb. 

Edited by RSG3

Finally pulled these off my PS4 since i said i would.

Here is my Nomad V Hangin out with Takamura. I play her with a pretty rye sense of humor. Pretty sure Takemura thinks im throwin up Gang Signs and aint amused lol

Spoiler

spacer.png

And here is the Corpo V i have been working on since I cant see so precision shooting has been tough since Xmas. Shes more serious and to the point, jokes less, and will hack the shit out of you. Fondness for Smart Weapons to. Why work harder then you have to after all? Get too close and she'll cut your fuckin head off with a Katana, no hesitation. Unlike Nomad V who cares more for function then Fashion, My Corpo V on the other hand doesnt understand why you would bother doing anything while not looking fly as fuck.

Spoiler

spacer.png

Im scrapping my Street Build V because my Corpo V does the same thing but way better and I have a different idea for how my Street Kid would function and behave anyway. So she is toast. Will re-develop.

Edited by RSG3
48 minutes ago, RSG3 said:

Holy shit I only just discovered there is a hand break for cars in this game. It's X on PlayStation and A on Xbox. Dunno for PC. 

Smh why am I only just now finding out about this?

Spacebar on PC.  FWIW, inputting reverse seems to decelerate the car faster.  You can toggle the headlights on and off too, but I don't recall the button off hand.

In other news, even maxxed out, every perk and cyberware that helps it taken, ricochet never becomes good.  Technically I still have to try in with the iconic shotguns that spit extra pellets or multiple barrels though.  Even with 5+ extra ricochets it's still virtually impossible to reliably hit people behind cover, and for the effort it takes you might as well just run up and get a direct headshot.  If you have direct line of sight and a ton of +damage on ricochet, you CAN get easy ricochet hits off the ground in between you, but even then you're STILL better off just scoring the headshot.

Just now, Reticently said:

Spacebar on PC.  FWIW, inputting reverse seems to decelerate the car faster.  You can toggle the headlights on and off too, but I don't recall the button off hand.

In other news, even maxxed out, every perk and cyberware that helps it taken, ricochet never becomes good.  Technically I still have to try in with the iconic shotguns that spit extra pellets or multiple barrels though.  Even with 5+ extra ricochets it's still virtually impossible to reliably hit people behind cover, and for the effort it takes you might as well just run up and get a direct headshot.  If you have direct line of sight and a ton of +damage on ricochet, you CAN get easy ricochet hits off the ground in between you, but even then you're STILL better off just scoring the headshot.

Yea been messing with it. Brake is definitely better for stopping but that Ebrake is fun for drifting. 

• 4 weeks later...

Honestly, I've just waiting to see what the patches bring. I beat the game twice. I haven't touched in over a month. I will definitely play it again. I want to see what the patches bring. Fixing the Wanted system and crowd AI would be nice but I don't see that happening soon. So I'm just hoping for more quests and more to do in Night City. Outside of quest content, the city has nothing to do.

3 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

So I'm just hoping for more quests and more to do in Night City. Outside of quest content, the city has nothing to do.

This is probably the main reason I didn’t finish the game and specifically skipped some quests. The city feels kinda empty without them and I want to leave some stuff undiscovered for a future play through. 

59 minutes ago, DarkSakul said:

The hackers just shat in everyones bed there. 
They threaten to release the source go to a game with no DRM, for Ransom (meaning they are greedy little fucks).

So its not for the "Gud" of the community, and they only delayed patches and hotfixes. 

I honestly wonder if CD Projekt Red brought the data back on the low. The buyer did so under the condition that they have the only copy. 

While i had some fun with Cyberpunk it definitely felt like it underdelivered compared to  The Witcher 3.  

Maybe not a fair comparison but  these are the biggest titles CDPR made so it's my best way to compare the effort they put in these games.  

Game holds strong as long as you follow it's narrative and play it how the devs intend you to play it. The main story was cool , i enjoyed it, the main side ones were great, i enjoyed River as a character and Panam etc. 

Big problems come when you start to play the game sandbox style,it's a full open world,the player is expected to do so i would say. Game falls apart so fast,hardly anything to do.They built a super good  looking city but it's just a coat of paint,game needed so many ways to allow the player to interact with the city,that's supposed to be the star of the game. 

I hardly experienced issues with bugs and the sort so unless the future patches add a lot of side content, i don't see myself returning to Cyberpunk soon. It's a decent take on a futuristic city but leaves much to be desired. I do like the franchise and i hope it's not the last time we see of the series.

Edited by Skort

My only issue withbthat critisism is that outside of Gwent there isn't anything else to do besides the questing, what the devs want you to do. If you start poking at Witcher 3 it comes apart as well as just a world for the quests to exist in. I only mention it because of the direct comparison to W3. 

Otherwise I completely agree that the city needs more to do and more to "roleplay" play. RDR2 gets this right in how you can sit at the bar and drink, play cards, interact and exist in the world. Night City can feel really static, going to the night clubs is boring because you can't just sit and drink or play pool or some shit. "Style is everything!" But no one comments on your style or plays into missions or street cred or nuthin lol. Can't even cut your hair lol. 

I like the game a good deal.and look forward to them finishing fixing it and/or playing it on PS5 and the Doc and all that but it definitely under delivered. 

• 1 month later...

I think it's no exaggeration when i say the game needed 1 more YEAR of develoment to iron out bugs and add content as well.  

I do hope the franchise is not dead because i enjoy the theme. But that patch is a prime example of what happens when devs are pushed by suits to deliver a product when it was clearly not ready for release.

Edited by Skort

Been playing a bit since the patch dropped. Before I get started I'll remind that my hardware is PS4 Slim Model. 

Ok to start patch was huge. 44 gigs in fact. Yikes.  The moment to moment performance is a big improvement. It's a much smoother experience now. Not locked but pretty regularly at 30fps when it struggled to even get there before. Driving at night is possible now. Its not where it should be i can still drive faster then a lot of lights but not enough I can't see where im going which is nice. The shops seem populated with a wider verify of gear styles, I've seen a couple sets I've never seen before. Grenades have their own unique icon For each grenade type now.  For the most part all the second to second gameplay is much nicer now. 

On the other hand the game still hard crashes,  your reflection in the mirror is still badly bugged, the map loads slow, the game freezes for a split second when it auto saves now which can get annoying with how often the game auto saves. 

Oh the ability to set the turning sensitivity for cars is actually pretty helpful. Cars still need work but this does help some. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
1 hour ago, DarkSakul said:

Honestly I can't say. I am playing the game on PC.
I think they fixed most of the game breaking bugs by now.

Although the PC version is fine. 

I recall that the PC version was at least OK to play at this point. I haven't seen much about the game on console. 

1 hour ago, OPTIMUS124 said:

I recall that the PC version was at least OK to play at this point.

The PC version on a moderately recent gaming PC was very playable at launch (and honestly was the only version that should have been released at that time).

That said, I'm still waiting for the fuckton of cut features and/or expansion content before futzing with it again.

2 hours ago, OPTIMUS124 said:

I recall that the PC version was at least OK to play at this point. I haven't seen much about the game on console. 

Its still a bit wonky on current gen consoles, and still hard crashes occasionally, but otherwise is rather stable. It's still the weakest way to play but I've been through it twice on PS4, 9nce before the patches and once after. It's much better now, but not really where it should be either if that makes sense. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
3 hours ago, Vhozite said:

Forgot this game existed till this post. 

I’m honestly not gonna touch this game again until it gets amazing mod support or something, and even then...

The PC Version has been solid for sometime. The console versions were basically broken at launch. There isn't a PS5  or Series version of the game. They are running the PS4 and XB1 versions via BC. The PS5 and Series versions supposedly launch 4th Quarter this year.

• 2 weeks later...