Stage Select

The MEGASHOCK Saloon Thread 3: Chinder Chagger Edition

4 hours ago, Reticently said:

Employment structure and records were pretty different back then, farmers and indentured servants, etc.  So I'm not sure it's going to be easily comparable.

But the people buying British tea instead of smuggled Dutch tea were loyalists, and there was the whole thing about dumping ~$2 million modern dollars of their tea in Boston harbor, which probably impacted someone's livelihood.

And like, they'd burn loyalists' houses down.  Falsely imprison them. They even tarred and feathered some people.  All this BEFORE there was even a revolution, when the whole situation was still basically a disagreement over tax policy.

Those motherfuckers make getting cancelled on social media seem pretty tepid.

How many people got fired for going to Chick-fil-A anyway?  I'm guessing it happened to a few people, just by weight of numbers.  But my local Chick-fil-A has the longest queue for drive through of any fast food place in the area, so I don't think real world fallout from going there is actually all that common?

Even so, SJWs spent the last however many years telling us "if you give x company money, you're tacitly supporting their behavior." So you can't get mad at conservatives for taking that message to heart, as stupid as it is.

Edited by DoctaMario
2 hours ago, DoctaMario said:

Even so, SJWs spent the last however many years telling us "if you give x company money, you're tacitly supporting their behavior." So you can't get mad at conservatives for taking that message to heart, as stupid as it is.

On the contrary, I think voting with your wallet is perfectly reasonable.  Especially when you're choosing between brands where there's tons of basically equivalent options around, like with fast food or beer.

The thing that gets me about the bud lite situation is just how dumb a thing to get triggered over, and in such a drama queen way.  Conservatism is now Kid Rock machine-gunning a can of beer for having a rainbow on it, jfc lol. I don't even know who Dylan Mulvaney is, outside of this one really absurd thing.

2 hours ago, Reticently said:

On the contrary, I think voting with your wallet is perfectly reasonable.  Especially when you're choosing between brands where there's tons of basically equivalent options around, like with fast food or beer.

The thing that gets me about the bud lite situation is just how dumb a thing to get triggered over, and in such a drama queen way.  Conservatism is now Kid Rock machine-gunning a can of beer for having a rainbow on it, jfc lol. I don't even know who Dylan Mulvaney is, outside of this one really absurd thing.

I agree that it is reasonable, I just don't jibe with the idea that just because someone buys a Nestle bar that they're co-signing all the evil shit Nestle has done.

Social media has turned everyone into retards. It's why we get Kid Rock machine gunning beer or politicians taking a knee while wearing kente cloth rather than things that actually would help. I dont really see us getting out of this alive no matter who you vote for. 

12 hours ago, Jion_Wansu said:

Twitter going crazy over Blackpink. I know about Blackpink by people talking about them casually and word-of-mouth but didn't know that they're this famous everywhere and here in the America too:

I fell in love with the girls of black pink to the point that I sometimes dream about marrying all of them at the same time. I can't decide which one of the 4 i'd hit first, it's always a 4v1 in my head. I have been in thoughts of joining the illuminati and working as a casting coach because these pop star girls must have gotten in through some harvey weinstein guy in order to become famous.

Joining the illuminati would also allow me to retaliate against atheism for going into christianity and posing as priests so they can make us theists look bad. I will join the illuminati with no atheist ambitions and just have sex so when the end of the world comes and the anti-christ goes "i got you all", i would be like: "oh ya, well i just fucked your women".  suck it atheists!

9 hours ago, weneedhim said:

I fell in love with the girls of black pink to the point that I sometimes dream about marrying all of them at the same time. I can't decide which one of the 4 i'd hit first, it's always a 4v1 in my head. I have been in thoughts of joining the illuminati and working as a casting coach because these pop star girls must have gotten in through some harvey weinstein guy in order to become famous.

Joining the illuminati would also allow me to retaliate against atheism for going into christianity and posing as priests so they can make us theists look bad. I will join the illuminati with no atheist ambitions and just have sex so when the end of the world comes and the anti-christ goes "i got you all", i would be like: "oh ya, well i just fucked your women".  suck it atheists!

Here they are. Their into from Saturday. Can you believe that the 4 ladies are almost 30 years old:

Edited by Jion_Wansu
25 minutes ago, AriesWarlock said:

In an interview with CBS' "60 Minutes" that aired Sunday, Google CEO Sundar Pichai hinted that society isn't prepared for the rapid advancement of AI.

Pichai said laws that guardrail AI advancements are "not for a company to decide" alone.

Warning of consequences, he said AI will impact “every product of every company."

Guy who will make billions of profit off AI says every aspect of life needs to be ready to adopt it as soon as possible.

1 hour ago, Reticently said:

Guy who will make billions of profit off AI says every aspect of life needs to be ready to adopt it as soon as possible.

He's so fucking untrustworthy it's actually annoying people still report his opinion like he's being genuine. 

yunno, i never realized it till the ladies mentioned it. theyre right. this transgender. he. like. smh. he essentially built a career. a tiktok career. of acting like a dumb, ditsy, goofy, clumbsy, empty headed  buffoon. because he thinks thats how all women are. its maaaaaaaaaad stereotypical.

it really is womenface. it really really is.

he is essentially doing a minstrel act.

and bud light and nike contraacted him to be a spokesperson to rep all women.

wow. how did things go terribly wrong<sarcasm> if they had picked at least a sensible rep from the transgender community. one that isnt all the bad negative stereotypes of women rolled up into one package. but a transgender that acts like a normal human being. that acts like themselves. but nope. lets pick the minstrel actor.

doing womenface.

maybe it wouldnt have gone so bad if they chose lets say..blaire white

. but they picked a tranny doing a bad bad minstrel act. smh.

the marketing decisions are so off the charts bad. its hard to believe.

4 hours ago, Reticently said:

Much as I hate to agree with him, he's right, especially in a society as fiercely capitalistic as the US. It's going to be offshoring 2.0 and companies won't have any choice but to start utilizing more and more AI to cut costs, which will cut jobs. New jobs will be made, but probably not fast enough to mitigate the losses.

And that's not even thinking about how deep fake tech is going to get a massive bump from it. It's encouraging that people are talking about this, but I don't imagine anything will be done to curb it.

yunno what i believe? heres what i believe. all this political correctness bs.

it was invented by bored white people who needed another vietnam cuz they lived in a strife free 1st world nation.

but.

its actually every minority's fault. let me explain. hear me out.

we minorities. us latinos, blacks n asians are to blame. we shamed and guilted white people soo hard. they became terrified of being labeled prejudiced or bigoted..that whites will now accept anything and everything under the sun.

they accept...a girl that tells the college, i identify as a cat. and the school went along with it. true story. i think i even read that article here.

like. this is our fault. we shoulda held back on the guilt shaming.

now white people cant say no to anything. they haveta accept any ole bs u throw at em. now matter how ludicrous.

that actor.

playing the part of a transgender cuz i have doubts theyre even transitioning. reached the white house. he actually got taken seriously enuff to interview the pres at the white house. crazy. 

us minorities trolled the white race throughout the 70s and 80s for shits n giggles. and when the 90s hit and along with it this thing called political correctness.

we realized we had created a monster.

please white peeps. please stop being afraid of being  labeled a bigot if you tell someone no and that u dont accept them. please stop being afraid of the word no. dont be scared to exclude someone. its ok to exclude. us minorities promise not to guilt shame yall anymore. just please stop saying yes to everything lol.

p.s.

and please whites..stop bursting into tears apologizing for slavery, saying its your fault. when you werent even born in them times.

its not your fault whites. we minorities were just gulit shaming yall during the 70s n 80s just to troll ya. it wasnt ever serious. 

you can be yourselves. be bigoted. just came back to your senses. and be honest instead of fake like youve been for 30 years.

I find that the anti-racists or "good whites" as I like to call them  are generally rich whites who grew up in the lap of luxury and never had real problems.  My wife knows a trust fund baby who is woke and talks about eating the rich.  She got mad AF when I asked her when she was going to give her trust fund to someone else who needed it lol.  She's still never worked a real job and she's 37 years old.

Eat the other rich people, REEEEE!

I stopped watching after that season that premiered with the revelation of who Negan killed with "Lucille".  After that point, the show had reached a point where there wasn't much left in it for me... like they couldn't top themselves anymore....a "jump the shark" moment in a positive context, basically.  It's inevitable that every great show reaches this point.

10 minutes ago, Chadouken said:

TWD was good until they neutered Negan. And at that point Negan had been carrying the entire show on his shoulders for two seasons.

Funny you said that, cuz for me, outside his introduction and the 1st episode of the season where he kills Glenn, I found the 2 seasons to be insufferable, since they were pointless, like him, since both the show and by extension him never went to the point.

The perfect example of time waste that leaves nothing but to ruin what once was a great show, despite the flaws.

15 minutes ago, Hecatom said:

Funny you said that, cuz for me, outside his introduction and the 1st episode of the season where he kills Glenn, I found the 2 seasons to be insufferable, since they were pointless, like him, since both the show and by extension him never went to the point.

The perfect example of time waste that leaves nothing but to ruin what once was a great show, despite the flaws.

Oh I agree, that's why I was on Team Negan 😂

I just liked watching that character. He started Season 7 or 8 his first line was, "Wellllll SHIT!"

Fucking cracked me up 🤣

WB and Megabee productions present..

Looney Tunes

Starring....

RSG3 as Bugs Bunny

Chadouken as Daffy Duck

Dangerous J as Porky Pig

WeNeedHim as Elmer Fudd

Jion Wansu as Taz

Starhammer as Sylvester

BBHoody as Tweety

Gimpy as Foghorn Leghorn

Hanzo Hattori as Pepe LePew

DoctaMario as Yosemite Sam

SonicHuman as Speedy Gonzalez

Born Winner as Roadrunner

JRide as Wile. E. Coyote

Million as the Gremlin

I stopped TWD after Ric left, I was already struggling with the show after Glen died. 

I never understood why they never made any form of armor for their skirmishes. They can build houses, farms, cities, but no fucking armor or zombie repel (which they could have made through zombie guts) .. why not also farm decomposers like maggots so you create  a maggot bomb on a pack of zombies far away? 

On 4/16/2023 at 6:57 AM, Jion_Wansu said:

Twitter going crazy over Blackpink. I know about Blackpink by people talking about them casually and word-of-mouth but didn't know that they're this famous everywhere and here in the America too:

celebrity worship is one of the worst forms of human behavior and one of my biggest pet peeves towards society other than leftist wokeism. These celebrities are being treated as gods and it is sickening. They are given power and adoration for things that shouldn't be given that at all and for what, because they are attractive and sing songs? Just look at the comments there and how these fans of theirs confess their love as a religious person to their gods.  

5 hours ago, MillionX said:

I stopped watching after that season that premiered with the revelation of who Negan killed with "Lucille".  After that point, the show had reached a point where there wasn't much left in it for me... like they couldn't top themselves anymore....a "jump the shark" moment in a positive context, basically.  It's inevitable that every great show reaches this point.

It would've been cool if the show went down the path. Of Rick becoming the next Governor or Neegan. And some of his comrades following him down that path. Then have it come full circle. With a new group of survivor's being introduced. 

Who are decent people trying to survive like Rick and his group use to be. And they stand up to Rick and face of with him to help others oppressed by him. Same as he and his once did against Neegan and the governor. Seeing his old self and friends in them. And hating what he has become

Hey on a scale of YES! to Why haven't they done this yet? No More Heroes Movie, or live action series. Staring Aaron Paul as Travis Touchdown

Anyone got any casting ideas for the Assassins? And other characters?

Who should direct it? I'm thinking Quientin Tarintino. 

Edited by BB_Hoody
35 minutes ago, BB_Hoody said:

It would've been cool if the show went down the path. Of Rick becoming the next Governor or Neegan. And some of his comrades following him down that path. Then have it come full circle. With a new group of survivor's being introduced. 

Who are decent people trying to survive like Rick and his group use to be. And they stand up to Rick and face of with him to help others oppressed by him. Same as he and his once did against Neegan and the governor. Seeing his old self and friends in them. And hating what he has become

That would have been a cool way to connect something like Fear TWD.

1 hour ago, BB_Hoody said:

Hey on a scale of YES! to Why haven't they done this yet? No More Heroes Movie, or live action series. Staring Aaron Paul as Travis Touchdown

Anyone got any casting ideas for the Assassins? And other characters?

Who should direct it? I'm thinking Quientin Tarintino. 

57 minutes ago, RSG3 said:

I'm not sure NMHs works in another medium...

NMH has too much crazy shit going on in it that I don't think doing a live action movie of it is the way to go if you're goal is to make money.  The casual movie goes won't go see it and there's just a lot I could see getting fucked up.  If it's going to happen I'd want them to just fully animate it and just lean into the batshit crazy the game is.  Might even be better to deal with if it was actually turned into a show than an actual movie.  Throw Madhouse or Studio Trigger at it.

21 minutes ago, BB_Hoody said:

I think Aaron Paul would kill it enough to make it work

I don't know him well enough to have an opinion, I just know NMHs is a whole lot of things that don't really work well in live action without a monster budget, and I dunno how excited most movie goers would be to spend 2 hours watching a crazy niche movie that criticizes the people who like that kind of shit...

Man NMH is weird lol. 

Edited by RSG3
14 minutes ago, Sonichuman said:

NMH has too much crazy shit going on in it that I don't think doing a live action movie of it is the way to go if you're goal is to make money.  The casual movie goes won't go see it and there's just a lot I could see getting fucked up.  If it's going to happen I'd want them to just fully animate it and just lean into the batshit crazy the game is.  Might even be better to deal with if it was actually turned into a show than an actual movie.  Throw Madhouse or Studio Trigger at it.

I mean if they can make Marvel comics into live action movies. Why not NMH? I'm not against a animated series. But I don't see how over the top hyper violent superhuman assassins wouldn't work in live action

But reality warping, multiverse traveling, time manipulating witches and sorcerers can?

@RSG3oh budget would be an issue. Ok that makes sense. But if done well. A NMH movie could  maybe be this generation's fight club. But as suggested a series would probably be better

Edited by BB_Hoody
2 minutes ago, RSG3 said:

Need we remind you of the Marvel movies from before the MCU? 

Are memories so fleeting?

Edit: And while I don't agree, plenty would argue the multiverse, time warping sorcerer and witches shit isn't working. 

Oh right lol. Now stuff from the 80s and ish. Yeah I wouldn't want that for NMH. But we also had Blade in the 90s. But adjusted for inflation. That movie cost 9 figures to make. And there's no way to justify a 9 figure budget on a movie adaptation of a niche videogame series

5 minutes ago, BB_Hoody said:

NMH movie could  maybe be this generation's fight club

Yes I definitely need another movie where I have to tell people your not supposed to want to be the protagonist. Fantastic! Lol

I dont hate the idea i just dont think it would be done well. NMH is a very specific kind of voice, one that as game sales have shown, isn't a profitable one. I think step one to making this work is you have to have Suda51 involved. Without him this is already a bust. After that you need to cast people who understand Weebdom, videogames, popculture poisons, and just all the shit NMHs is both celebrating and critising in the same breaths.